Andrew Ference!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Andrew Ference!

Thank you BB for compating apples with apples. The Bruins have a winning record with Ference in.  I guess Duinne you're right, Ference is the whipping boy of the week.
    Also note nobody is bashing Hunwick anymore.  The kid simplified his game , not trying to do too much and has solidified his defense in the Bruins zone.  Also it's helped he practically has not more time on the PP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

OK, time to dump on Ference, but as Duinne knows, IMO Ference makes poor passes, at least 5-6 last night that never touched a Bruins stick; his softie in Toronto left Chara and Timmy open for phaneuf's blast, which Timmy stopped; he does not have enough speed, and cannot get back when he pinches at the wrong time. He's been a 5th-6th pairing all his time with the Bruins except now with Chara because Boychuck is hurt. He made one very good play last night on a two on one when Chara tried to pinch and was out of position, still does not make him a solid D. Let's hope Yandle for Wheeler plus Ference or draft pick becomes a reality.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

Andrew Ference!

Is it me or is it this guy's game just plain stinks?  Hope PC will trade him soon.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Not a fan of Ference at all, believe he just does not make good decisions w/ the puck, and gets pushed around constantly....however Chara your supposed #1 D-man makes numerous mistakes w/ the puck, it's a game of mistakes, just wish Ference wasnt under contract for another season @ that much given MacQuaid-Bartkowski-Kampfer are going to be ready this year or next!!!  Obviously MacQuaid is only playing right now due to Boychuck being out, why hes on this list...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Andrew Ference!:
    Ference is +7 right now. Why in the world would people want to dump on Ference ? Nothing else to do ? I watched him and have being watching him, and yes he is smallish, and yes he makes the odd bad pass or gets back checked, but at +7, he's not causing any out right goals against. I think people should instead show their rath against Rask. What has the bum done for us lately ? Just sitting on the bench taken up space. How much do we pay him for this ? Just a waste of money. 
    Posted by Stuke50

Because they have to dump on somebody. If it wasn't Ference, it'd be somebody else.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

My bad guys, I didn't mean to start of this discussion for anyone to be upset... simply just wanted folks opinions on AF... good, bad, whatever.  I think the most importants is that all of us on the board are in support of the B's. Yes, their off to a great start, and yes, playing as a "team".  So, this is where the discussion come in with vet AF's poor decisions... just like wideman, and what a big difference w/o him, right?  Look, the more mistakes B's can eliminate, the stronger and better they'll be for contention.  It's never too early to analyze weakness and/or weakest links, and just hope PC & Neely is doing their homework to better the club even more. Maybe, this is why PC have interest in Yandle.  Remember guys, we're all for the same team, so let's play nice!  Peace!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

C'mon NAS, easy does it. Although you were much more vocal in pre-season, to our delight. Yes, the B's have a good record, and everyone contributes as Ference did on the 2 0n 1 yesterday, still there are a few obvious weak spots and IMO Ference is one, has been one, and probably will continue to be one. Others are IMO Thornton, Wheeler, Ryder, Recchi; right now Hunwick has earned a pass; and again IMO the biggest one is the coaching staffs in both Boston and Providence who do not appear to be flexible enough to handle the talent, like Seguin, that is emerging. I know that the great Jaques Le Maire's teams won a lot of games, but I didn't like his style either. I also know that change must be introduced gradually, but at least let's see some delicate touches now and then.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Dezaruchi - what I was saying is that calling someone "dumb" on their opinion is ridiculous, not that in anyone's mind their opinion is all that matters.
    Posted by yep123

This used to drive me nuts when I taught - where does it say that the word "opinion" and the word "dumb" can't be collocated?  Sure, everyone has an opinion and is entitled to voice it.  But opinions can be dumb.  I'd guess that's the main bit of data we use when calling people dumb - what's their opinion on X subject.  Dumb opinions abound.  Usually, they'd be more accurately described as reactionary opinions because they result from someone judging a person or situation based on a very limited body of evidence.  So - sorry yep - but it's entirely valid to be called dumb for your opinion.  The trick is to recognize that that's NAS's opinion of your opinion - and so real debate using observation and facts might begin.

The little acknowledged flip side of the right to free speech is the right of others to judge what you've said and share their judgement.  If you don't like it, sharpen up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Andrew Ference! : Can't say, I'm not the GM, but there would definitely be options if I were.  Again, Yandle might be in play... who knows who he'll replace if that happens.  Whatever the case, why speculate.  I'm just basically expressing my view of the B's weakness, maybe I should've include Hunwick and others.  But, they seem to have step up as of lately. Perhaps, I should waited until mid-season before I started the thread.  Of course folks would see things differently if the record was 2-7.  Have people forgotten his past performances as well?  but, that's okay, it's in a new year.
    Posted by Opinions-R-Us

Yandle is not in play.

And I never mentioned the Bruins' record once in my entire argument.  It wouldn't matter if they were 8-0 or 0-8, their record has nothing to do with Ference's play.  The defense as a whole?  Yes.  But not an individual player.

Ference struggled somewhat last year, but then again the Bruins won more games when he was in the lineup than when he wasn't.  He has been improving thus far, and there is no need for the Bruins to move him.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

My bad guys, I didn't mean to start of this discussion for anyone to be upset... simply just wanted folks opinions on AF... good, bad, whatever.  I think the most importants is that all of us on the board are in support of the B's. Yes, their off to a great start, and yes, playing as a "team".  So, this is where the discussion come in with vet AF's poor decisions... just like wideman, and what a big difference w/o him, right?  Look, the more mistakes B's can eliminate, the stronger and better they'll be for contention.  It's never too early to analyze weakness and/or weakest links, and just hope PC & Neely is doing their homework to better the club even more. Maybe, this is why PC have interest in Yandle.  Remember guys, we're all for the same team, so let's play nice!  Peace!
    Posted by Opinions-R-Us

You can criticize Ference all you want, but exactly who do you suggest the Bruins should replace him with?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ferrence is a bit overpaid so he becomes more of a victim to criticism because of that.

Other than that, I think he has played fine and is actually quite good for a 5-6 defensmen.  Look at the bottom two defenders on every team around the league.  Most teams have guys that are worse than Ference.

This guys gets more criticism than he deserves.  I like him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Granted the team is off to a good start, but rosters can always be improved....the conversation was started on the play of Ference, should you think this is dumb to talk of then simply dont respond.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

He is the devil, I tell you he is the route of all evil.

If Ference has a problem it is that he plays through injuries.  He has played the last 2 seasons on an injured groin.  He had one side fixed the previous offseason and the other side this offseason.  He looks like he getting better every game now.  If he stays healthy he will be more that worth every penny of his contract.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Andrew Ference has done nothing to warrant this much animosity.  The guy plays a solid game.  He's not flashy, but he will make the right play 90% of the time.  Honestly, I thought he looked better than Chara last night.  It was painful to watch Z rush the puck up the ice, and he wasn't much better on defense (a few giveaways).  Not that discussing any of this matters, because Ference is here to stay.  Not too many teams are going to take on his contract  in this salary-cap-conscious age.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ference is +7 right now. Why in the world would people want to dump on Ference ? Nothing else to do ? I watched him and have being watching him, and yes he is smallish, and yes he makes the odd bad pass or gets back checked, but at +7, he's not causing any out right goals against. I think people should instead show their rath against Rask. What has the bum done for us lately ? Just sitting on the bench taken up space. How much do we pay him for this ? Just a waste of money. 
    Posted by Stuke50

Yeah, and why do they need a trainer too??  I haven't seen anyone get badly hurt in weeks.  What a bum that guy is...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

In Response to Re: Andrew Ference! : You can criticize Ference all you want, but exactly who do you suggest the Bruins should replace him with?
    Posted by TimThomas-god

Can't say, I'm not the GM, but there would definitely be options if I were.  Again, Yandle might be in play... who knows who he'll replace if that happens.  Whatever the case, why speculate.  I'm just basically expressing my view of the B's weakness, maybe I should've include Hunwick and others.  But, they seem to have step up as of lately. Perhaps, I should waited until mid-season before I started the thread.  Of course folks would see things differently if the record was 2-7.  Have people forgotten his past performances as well?  but, that's okay, it's in a new year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Right on Stuke  -- I'd trade him and the Zamboni trade driver to Saskatoon for a box of Shake n' Bake.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Dezaruchi - what I was saying is that calling someone "dumb" on their opinion is ridiculous, not that in anyone's mind their opinion is all that matters.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from uvguy07. Show uvguy07's posts

bogie, Do you know the definition of sarcasm?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Hey Fletcher1, you didn't mention the beer guy !  I hear he's serving warm beer !!  Get that bum outta there too !!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Andrew Ference! : This used to drive me nuts when I taught - where does it say that the word "opinion" and the word "dumb" can't be collocated?  Sure, everyone has an opinion and is entitled to voice it.  But opinions can be dumb.  I'd guess that's the main bit of data we use when calling people dumb - what's their opinion on X subject.  Dumb opinions abound.  Usually, they'd be more accurately described as reactionary opinions because they result from someone judging a person or situation based on a very limited body of evidence.  So - sorry yep - but it's entirely valid to be called dumb for your opinion.  The trick is to recognize that that's NAS's opinion of your opinion - and so real debate using observation and facts might begin. The little acknowledged flip side of the right to free speech is the right of others to judge what you've said and share their judgement.  If you don't like it, sharpen up.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Amen.  This should probably be a standard disclaimer at the start of every thread. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Thanks for the feedback guys!  I'm very glad the B's are winning. They're playing great as a team, and I hope that continues.  As for Ference, I just think he's over paid for his service.  To me, he makes the most mistakes of all, and he's supppose to be a veteran.  Guess, I'm still mad over this big mistake by him...   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbJps-ligYs Anyway, he would not be a player on my team.   Enjoy the day guys!! 
    Posted by Opinions-R-Us

Hunwick makes many more mistakes than Ference does

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

AF is one of only 3 Bruins to play in a Cup final (Recchi and Chara being the others).
    Posted by Bookboy007

Don't forget Thornton.

Ference has had a rough start to this season, particularly with his passes.  That said, he is versatile and tenacious, and I don't have a problem with him.  The contract seems a little steep now, but I think that Ference can make believers out of a lot of people before the season is over.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by yep123

I'm sorry.You're right in that no one should tell someone else they're dumb for having a different opinion

Sections
Shortcuts