Andrew Ference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Andrew Ference

Turnover Machine

I don't know what is happening with him.  He either needs new sticks, new contacts or a new NHL team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Andrew Ference

I agree, he has been brutal most of the year. I almost wish his glass groin acts up again just to get him out of the lineup...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

He has struggled.  Agree on the turnovers and would add bad pinches and poor outlet passes to the critique. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Turnover Machine

I don't know what is happening with him.  He either needs new sticks, new contacts or a new NHL team.

Age and playing for a contract in a shortened season with no training camp.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Turnover Machine

Would u rather Johnson nas? It's an honest question cause I know zero about him!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Turnover Machine I don't know what is happening with him.  He either needs new sticks, new contacts or a new NHL team.

Age and playing for a contract in a shortened season with no training camp. 

Bingo!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:

Would u rather Johnson nas? It's an honest question cause I know zero about him!

No.  Johnson hasn't impressed me at all.  I hope Ference can just pull out of whatever the heck is distracting him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

No.  Johnson hasn't impressed me at all.  I hope Ference can just pull out of whatever the heck is distracting him.

Well I hoping that or a deal for a d man but even if the dealt for a defenseman , I still don't think ference would be odd man out. It would probley be Hamilton or mcquaid watching from pressbox don't u guys think?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

A #5 or #6 defensemen doesn't have to be perfect or dynamic, they just need to be able to clean up the puck. When a defenseman is bad it can be "Wideman Like".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

A #5 or #6 defensemen doesn't have to be perfect or dynamic, they just need to be able to clean up the puck. When a defenseman is bad it can be "Wideman Like".

How does wideman keep fooling them. God bless him cause he has a lot of people snowed. It's like watching in an intersection covered in ice, sure some get threw unharmed but u are always waiting for the one. CRASH!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Who knows, it might be the contract weighing on him, has a bad game or two and now he's pressing and it's lead to his worst stretch in a bruins uniform...Could be also that he his hurt and playing cause it's a shortened season, because he is not nearly as physical as he has been in the past.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

he's slumping. i don't see that lasting. i've been wrong before though. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Last night was one of the best team games of the season, except for Ference who messed up continually. Horton played his best game; kelly's line, except for Bourque who continues to bounce off checks, played better; the 4th line still carried the Thornton load which continues to limit their effectiveness, especially when Tampa dropped Stamkos on the ice. Dougie is making his mistakes, but offsets that with solid play, and Chara, who has been a wee bit smelly, played a solid defensive game, limiting his wayward passing and owning his corner of the ice. Peter needs to resolve the Ference, Bourque, Thornton shortcomings without waiting much longer. Kruz may be a better choice than Johnson.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think the Bruins have a better option, and it seems like Ference has a history of some pretty inconsistent spells.  In the fall of 2010 it seemed like everyone here was calling for his head and then he played great down the stretch, right through the Cup run.  Great, for Ference, means quiet and effective which he hasn't been so far this year.  But because his game is simple and doesn't involve dynamic plays or high-end skill, I think he can pull out of this and go back to being a steady, quiet 5-6 defensmen.

I sure hope so, the calls for Johnson or Krug do not represent an upgrade to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

He needs to throw down some beeeeatch to get himself involved again. He's playing soft.

A good azz kikkin may just be what the doctor ordered be it himself getting beat up or vice versa!

Wake up Andrew!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Turnover Machine

I agree, I haven't seen him like this since his days in Pittsburgh!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Well I hoping that or a deal for a d man but even if the dealt for a defenseman , I still don't think ference would be odd man out. It would probley be Hamilton or mcquaid watching from pressbox don't u guys think?

Not Hamilton he is leading our d in points, and looks to be our answer for a d man future.

Chara on his side is a def. positive impact, for Ference and Mcquaid maybe deadline date will tell. Our top 4 d men is one of the best in the league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I think its very telling that when Claude (hopefully temporarily) demoted Hamilton from top 4 duty, it was McQuaid who was promoted instead of Ference.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to bruinsGENIUS' comment:

He needs to throw down some beeeeatch to get himself involved again. He's playing soft.

A good azz kikkin may just be what the doctor ordered be it himself getting beat up or vice versa!

Wake up Andrew!

Not his game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I'm starting to wonder what Andrew Ference (the 2013 version) brings that Torey Krug does not.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

Altho he is not on top of his game now i do not think he is that far off of it. I personaly hope he starts to play better as i have always liked him as our 5th /6th d-man. he brings a lot of intangibles.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I'm starting to wonder what Andrew Ference (the 2013 version) brings that Torey Krug does not.  

NHL experience, for one.  How can we even guess what Krug would be like in Ference's spot?  He's never done it.

Also, size and toughness.  I know Ference isn't big, but he's bigger than Krug, and he plays even bigger than that.  He moves people out of the crease, sticks up for teamates, and plays pretty rough in the corners.  It's his passing that has been the problem.  Krug might be a better skater and passer.  Who knows?  I don't think they are very similar players though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

vs TB

FER 20:03 +1   McQ 15:01  +1      Ham 10:00 2a  +1

vs WPG

FER 20:10 +1   McQ 18:06  -1      Ham 14:00   -1

vs Buf

FER 16:07 -2   McQ 14:28  -1      Ham 17:51 1G 1a  +0

Last 3 games Ham 1g3a and continued reduced time, either CJ is trying to showcase Fer for trade or he is trying to slow downDougie, must be a huge bonus for Rookie of the year.

DH is rising but his ice is decreasing. The team has been bailing Fer out with his brutal clearing the zone attempts of late and CJ is rewarding him go figure.

Sections
Shortcuts