Andy Greene?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Andy Greene?

For the first time in a long time here...I like this idea a lot.  Andy Greene is young, fairly cheap, and although he is not a true PMD, he is a good all-around d-man who is pretty mobile and can play on the PP units.

He is one of those guys who was totally missed in the draft and starred at Miami-Ohio for four years before NJ signed him as a free agent.  He has always been underrated and has always looked really solid to me.  I think he could help the Bruins.

The obvious hang-up would be what the asking price is from the Devils.  He is not a premiere player, but it seems there is no reason the Devils would want to unload him unless they think he will be expensive as a FA and would be lost for nothing.  After the effects of losing Oduya and the hiring Lemaire, it wouldn't seem like the Devils would want to part with a solid young d-man like Greene...but it is worth a shot.

Much more realistic than Yandle, Weber, Johnson...etc

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

"Much more realistic than Yandle, Weber, Johnson...etc "

That was my perception as well, but I'm just not as familiar with his game as I am with the others mentioned.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I was watching that game as well and he looked to be one of the better players on the ice especially for being on the worst team in the league...didn't make any mental mistakes I think he would definately help the bruins

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I've liked Greene for a while. Has some good hands, but mainly he's just dependable. Not a star, but he doesn't make mistakes and has some great hockey sense. Might not have the ridiculous over-sized body or the wheels, but he certainly has the brain. I think he'd make a good compliment to Seidenberg, and add some blue line passing to the PP.

But what could entice the Devils? We're heavy on picks, and they are going to have to do a rebuild, and they can't afford to take salary back. Since he's coming up on free agency, would a second rounder do it? Maybe. If I was free agent, I wouldn't want to resign with the Devils. Don't know if we have the cap space to add him without sending a roster player back, unless a demotion would work. How much room do we have right now?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Wow, just checked his stats this season and it really puts in perspective just how bad the Devils are this year. He's one of their more dependable D, and he's -25. Second worst in the NHL. Only Kovalchuk is worse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Oh my wow... That 32 year contract is looking bright in New Jersey!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yep - dead last in +/- with -29, and only in the top 30 in one offensive category - game winning goals, he's tied with Lucic and a bunch of other guys for 26th place with 3.

So far he's made about $300,000 a point. Money well spent. Sheesh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

Considering Peter Chiarelli's track record he is more likely to trade for someone obscure for less than go all in on one highly touted player. We saw it with Recchi, Montador, and Seidenberg. He is also more likely to trade for players that he can resign at the end of the year as well i.e. Recchi and Seidenberg. From what I've seen Andy Greene fits this mold better than most other trading candidates in question. I guess the real question is the Bruins defense better with Andy Greene or are they better off using players already in their farm system?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

would a 2nd round pick and Paille get it done haha

Sections
Shortcuts