Angry and anxious, but full of belief..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Angry and anxious, but full of belief..

Lots of emotions right now, it's been a topsy turvy series so far. What's everyone's gut saying? I'll never lose faith in the B's, even though it's a tall order in front of them. I'm positive they can pull it off, just don't know if they can produce two games of near perfection to turn this around. By "don't know" I mean I literally don't know, not "I don't think". Chicago is playing good hockey, frustrating Boston players and fans alike, although the Boston players are contributing to some of the frustration themselves. I can't enjoy this Sunday off, I'm eagerly awaiting tomorrow's game with a due sense of dread and anticipation. Knowing it could all end tomorrow, or set up a phenomenal game 7, is what this is all about I guess, and the reason we all keep coming back to stand by our team. LET'S GO BRUINS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Angry and anxious, but full of belief..

Al, with you on the frustration angle. I'm also upset with the lack of the referees in calling anything on the Blackhawks. I think one thing that stands out is the B's lack of going to the net and creating traffic. They are making it way too easy for the Chi d-men and Chi goalie. The Chara goal was pinching in and having 5 guys down low, not worrying about if it would turn into a Hawk breakaway. And I think that was part of the problem too, that the B's were worried more about Chicago getting loose than trying to score goals. Way too much time spent in the first 2 periods not doing a whole lot in the way of forechecking or trying to shoot. They need to go back to a semblance of B's hockey. They did a great job in the third period, I felt they showed some more desperation, but still they need to take some more chances if they are behind a goal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Al, with you on the frustration angle. I'm also upset with the lack of the referees in calling anything on the Blackhawks. I think one thing that stands out is the B's lack of going to the net and creating traffic. They are making it way too easy for the Chi d-men and Chi goalie. The Chara goal was pinching in and having 5 guys down low, not worrying about if it would turn into a Hawk breakaway. And I think that was part of the problem too, that the B's were worried more about Chicago getting loose than trying to score goals. Way too much time spent in the first 2 periods not doing a whole lot in the way of forechecking or trying to shoot. They need to go back to a semblance of B's hockey. They did a great job in the third period, I felt they showed some more desperation, but still they need to take some more chances if they are behind a goal.

Well said. I think going into game 5 they had Crawford on the ropes. I'll give Chicago credit for making the adjustments, but I would have done everything to get a body or two in front of him and keep firing. After his performance so far, especially in game 4 an early goal would have gone a long way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZefBruin. Show ZefBruin's posts

I feel the same way. The last two games they came up short but I still feel good about everything (except that they won't win the Cup in Boston). 'Bout time Soderberg enters the fray, too. He would've been a much better choice at the beginning of the series than the Daug. If Bergeron comes back then we are golden. Maybe time to sit Ference and put the spark that is Bartkowski back in on D? The breakout would drastically improve as well as overall team speed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

I still believe and am excited for tomorows game 6. I am not angry even if the bruins lose the series. The fan in me will be disapointed but if the bruins lose to the blackhawks there a heck of a team its nothing to be angry about imo. I think this thing is going to game 7 and as we know anything can happen in a game 7. I just hope when my alarm goes off at 4am tuesday morning for work its after a big bruins win in game 6!

4 a.m is gross. Espcially if they win..I usually love to watch highlights all night and go on the internet and see what people are saying.

When they've lost the last 2 games, I cant even watch the highlights on NHL Networks.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Flashback to 2011 cup win over Nucks -- Coming home down 3-2 and managed to win the cup without Horton in the lineup. Come up with a big win in game 6 and have PB tote a couple bottles of Boston rink water back to Chicago. Wild series so far -- you never know.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If bergie is good to go my faith rises.  If hes scratched im very worried.  We need marchand jagr to come through in a large way.  Heck everyone in a huge way.  Funny how different it is after gm 4.   I hate when we are favorites.  Love the underdog role.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

If bergie is good to go my faith rises.  If hes scratched im very worried.  We need marchand jagr to come through in a large way.  Heck everyone in a huge way.  Funny how different it is after gm 4.   I hate when we are favorites.  Love the underdog role.  

I agree Shupe.  Would I prefer the Bruins were up 3-2, of course, but then I feel the pressure is on the team not to choke.  In this case everyone outside of Boston Bruins fans, have already given the Cup to the Hawks.  That means the Bruins just need to relax and play their game.  I just wish that Bergy was healthy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's never easy.  I'm pretty apprehensive after the last two games, but how I feel doesn't mean a lick.  I hope they come out, bang hard, find the back of the net first and then shut it down to force game seven.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Danny, let's hope they come out and give themselves a chance on the night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It's never easy.  I'm pretty apprehensive after the last two games, but how I feel doesn't mean a lick.  I hope they come out, bang hard, find the back of the net first and then shut it down to force game seven.

It's gonna be one of those nights where we keep saying "is that the play that's gonna be the difference...?" Every turnover and missed pass is going to put my heart in my throat and get the cold sweat going.. On the flip side, one goal will make me think "we got this.."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Change - it is the only constant.

Last Monday, we were all full  of hope and looked forward to game 4. Things changed.

Hawk fans are now full of hope and looking forward to game 6.

Things will change, again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Change - it is the only constant.

Last Monday, we were all full  of hope and looked forward to game 4. Things changed.

Hawk fans are now full of hope and looking forward to game 6.

Things will change, again.

This will be even sweeter than 2011 if they can pull off this comeback.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not angry at all the Hawks are a great team but they can be beat. Not anxious at all but I won't the game to start now.

Sections
Shortcuts