Another 1st round of the playoffs and my wife once.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Another 1st round of the playoffs and my wife once.....

.... again wants to file for a divorce... and she likes hockey ! LOL.
    The 1st round every year is amazing !!! I've been glued to the TV for 6-7 hours per day this weekend watching hockey, breathing hockey and yes I'm watching the Kings-Canucks game !

A piece of advise from the married men on the forum ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Another 1st round of the playoffs and my wife once.....

How about from a married woman... marry a hockey player, preferably one whose team never makes the playoffs, so you don't get into disputes between your teams. The wife is a hockey player (way better than me) AND an Oilers fan. Works well for me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Another 1st round of the playoffs and my wife once.....:
    How about from a married woman... marry a hockey player, preferably one whose team never makes the playoffs, so you don't get into disputes between your teams. The wife is a hockey player (way better than me) AND an Oilers fan. Works well for me.
    Posted by red75

It works well for her, too.  The Jets didn't qualify, either!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Touche :p Could suck when those teams eventually end up in the same division.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

I'm the wife, my husband just shakes his head. He's frustrated over the Rays right now so he's too angry to worry about what I'm doing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Touche :p Could suck when those teams eventually end up in the same division.
    Posted by red75

It sure will.  You'll be battling her directly for lottery pick position!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

In Response to Re: Another 1st round of the playoffs and my wife once..... : It works well for her, too.  The Jets didn't qualify, either!!!!!!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Laughing

Good one NAS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

In Response to Another 1st round of the playoffs and my wife once.....:
    .... again wants to file for a divorce... and she likes hockey ! LOL. The 1st round every year is amazing !!! I've been glued to the TV for 6-7 hours per day this weekend watching hockey, breathing hockey and yes I'm watching the Kings-Canucks game ! A piece of advise from the married men on the forum ?
    Posted by BsLegion

I bought 4 tickets to the new movie by "The Notebook" guy for the missus and a few of her friends, and a gift certificate to her fave restaurant.

This:

A) gets me off the hook for having to sit through two hrs of hokey cinematic drek like "The Lucky One"
    B) Gives me a chip I can cash in later 'cause I'm such a thoughtful husband
    C) gives me unfettered access to her laptop, so I can stream a game on it while she's out

Guilt-free indulgent hockey day....ahhhhhhhh, blissful solitude!
    Next weekend I might send her to the spa for a mani/pedi

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good points Celtic but  I've done all of those, I've been married for 15 years and before that was living with her for 5. 

Red she must have been happy on Tuesday night with the draft lottery.
    NASty as usual LOL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

DVR everything, watch everything (except for B's. watch live out of justification) after midnight or after she falls asleep. If you do that, you will have no issues. Hell, I'd divorce you if you were watching as much playoff hockey as you are doing. If I get my Bruins fix, I'm good, but at the same time I established a long time ago how important it was for me to play sports and watch certain sporting events---playoff hockey topping the list.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm the wife, my husband just shakes his head. He's frustrated over the Rays right now so he's too angry to worry about what I'm doing
    Posted by vcec

That brings as to why she lost it this afternoon.  While I was watching my hockey games I would switch to the ball game between commercials of the Sox about to sweep the Rays. 
    That's when she could not hold her dis-pleasure on how her weekend went ! I told her to go to her mothers. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

DVR everything, watch everything (except for B's. watch live out of justification) after midnight or after she falls asleep. If you do that, you will have no issues. Hell, I'd divorce you if you were watching as much playoff hockey as you are doing. If I get my Bruins fix, I'm good, but at the same time I established a long time ago how important it was for me to play sports and watch certain sporting events---playoff hockey topping the list.
    Posted by dannycater

but it's the 1st round !!!  and after midnight L.A. and Vancouver are playing.  I have to get up at 6am tomorrow.
    Kidding about the divorce of course , it just played out this way this weekend.
    I couldn't miss the Bruins yesterday which cut in to my BBQ time and could not miss the Pens-Flyers game this afternoon either.  It's the snowball effect.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

B's, yesterday, I flipped back and forth too, and I didn't get the verbal displeasure but I sure got the silent treatment with the disgust clear as day in the eye/face expressions. Hell, I was a kid in a candy store, OT hockey and Sox bombing homers. What's a fan to do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

In Response to Re: Another 1st round of the playoffs and my wife once..... : That brings as to why she lost it this afternoon.  While I was watching my hockey games I would switch to the ball game between commercials of the Sox about to sweep the Rays.  That's when she could not hold her dis-pleasure on how her weekend went ! I told her to go to her mothers. 
    Posted by BsLegion

I'm married to a man who arranged our dates based on the games he wanted to watch. I learned a long time ago that a) there are certain times of the year I cannot have the remote b) i'm better off going into another room and c) i better learn something about the games cuz he considers quoting stats as 4 play
    okay, just kidding about the last part - sort of

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I once hung up on someone I was dating way back in the day. She called to tell me why we shouldn't see each other anymore. I'm not kidding when I say this--I wasn't even listening to her as I was watching a playoff hockey game. She went on and on and I'm sitting there thinking, can you please shut up so I can watch the game in peace. So finally I just said, "I get it, you go work out your issues, no harm, no foul. And goodbye...click." That made me feel real good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Another 1st round of the playoffs and my wife once.....:
    .... again wants to file for a divorce... and she likes hockey ! LOL. The 1st round every year is amazing !!! I've been glued to the TV for 6-7 hours per day this weekend watching hockey, breathing hockey and yes I'm watching the Kings-Canucks game ! A piece of advise from the married men on the forum ?
    Posted by BsLegion

Poor guy -- give it time

Been married 30 years and dated 8 years prior. I spend the entire season glued to my Center Ice package and never miss a B's game. As soon as hockey season is over -- within 1 week of me back down in the world of Dr Oz DVR's she usually asks "when does hockey start up again" -- Life is good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

My wife is in bed .
    Just finished watching Panthers - Devils ,nice finish.
    Love the throw back  "Rats" being thrown on the ice although brings back a bad memory of the Bruins losing to Florida.
    Now waiting for the Kings-Canucks. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I must have the most understanding wife on here cause she hasn't said much at all (and Game 2 of Flyers - Pens was one of the most exciting ever!)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In the morning i'll tell my wife, you snooze , you lose.  She just missed out in seeing David Beckham at the Kings game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Haha dang... I have my women tamed I guess. My fiance doesn't love hockey but when she knows its playoff time she is on board to watch every minute with me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Haha dang... I have my women tamed I guess. My fiance doesn't love hockey but when she knows its playoff time she is on board to watch every minute with me.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

yea yea I dare you tell her she's tamed ... wait till you're married and the honeymoon is over.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

In Response to Re: Another 1st round of the playoffs and my wife once..... : yea yea I dare you tell her she's tamed ... wait till you're married and the honeymoon is over.
    Posted by BsLegion

hahahaha, i was going to say something similar. Big difference between a fiancee and a wife. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I have a buddy who always maintained whomever he married would have to understand his love for the Leafs.  (He's the diehard who blames the refs, flukey goals, etc. whenever they lose.  We've probably all known someone like this guy.) The woman wouldn't rank second to them but on nights when they play, he's going to be watching them and nothing else.  End of story.  

Last year he got married, relocated out to Stoney Creek near Hamilton, Ontario and moved in with her parents.  Seems his Charles Bronson version of things hasn't worked out that way.  With his in-laws the reality is a situation of their house, their rules.  Her parents raise Hell when he wants to go to the basement to watch hockey so to keep peace he regularly joins his wife and her parents to watch Reba.  True story.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Posted by red75

Your spouse doesn't have to follow an unsuccessful team.  Im a die hard B's fan and my wife is a die hard Wings fan.  We went to Joe Louis when the Wings were in the Finals and we went to Boston for the Finals last year.  The only time there is ever an issue is when the Wings play Boston the one or 2 times a year, usually on Thanksgiving, and I understand the Bruins always lose.

The key is to find a spouse who roots for a team in the Western Conference. (Yes, I'm panicking over realignment)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Haha. I'm in a similar situation only it's with school. Trying to get my school work done with all this hockey on TV is a challenge. Plus staying up for all these 10:40 PM games with 7:30 am classes 4 days a week is fun, but then again a 1-3 o'clock til 7 am night isn't exactly uncommon in a dorm.

Definitely the best time of the year. Baseball starts and the NHL playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts