another big goal from

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

Re: another big goal from

seguin is eventually going to cost you 6-7 mill. can't really pay more than one forward like that under the current team structure

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: another big goal from:
    [QUOTE]seguin is eventually going to cost you 6-7 mill. can't really pay more than one forward like that under the current team structure
    Posted by patriotpat99[/QUOTE]

That is exactly it. Seguin, Horton, Lucic, and Marchand will all be looking for new contracts in 2013 and bigger raises. If a big FA is signed to big money for some reason who is going to be sacrificed? Due to the cap, not everyone will fit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Parise is a top-class player and a terrific person. However, he would throw the salary structure out of wack and his presence - because of his salary - will divide the dressing room. No way around it.

Pass.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

why so little love for parise? i don't get it. i do realize there's about a 2% chance of him joining the b's, but who wouldn't welcome aboard an all-star/olympian/ and team captain? sorry if he stole your girlfriend or something. get over it. as far as a rift in the lockerroom, doesn't chara make top d-man salary? no problem there. to imply his contract would "divide a dressing room" is reaching a bit. while we're in fantasy land... oatescam, please provide the list of players that WOULD score on the flyers? really? you do realize the bruins did not face the flyers right? did i miss something? after you've provided the stats for a series that never happened, please do tell us how "not unique" parise is, you know, scoring a game winning OT goal is something everybody does. and that big "C" on his sweater, nothing unique about that. foolishness

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

[QUOTE]why so little love for parise? i don't get it. i do realize there's about a 2% chance of him joining the b's, but who wouldn't welcome aboard an all-star/olympian/ and team captain? sorry if he stole your girlfriend or something. get over it. as far as a rift in the lockerroom, doesn't chara make top d-man salary? no problem there. to imply his contract would "divide a dressing room" is reaching a bit. while we're in fantasy land... oatescam, please provide the list of players that WOULD score on the flyers? really? you do realize the bruins did not face the flyers right? did i miss something? after you've provided the stats for a series that never happened, please do tell us how "not unique" parise is, you know, scoring a game winning OT goal is something everybody does. and that big "C" on his sweater, nothing unique about that. foolishness
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

relax. everyone here acknowledges (well for the most part) how good parise is. he just doesn't fit in with the long term structure of this team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: another big goal from : relax. everyone here acknowledges (well for the most part) how good parise is. he just doesn't fit in with the long term structure of this team.
    Posted by patriotpat99[/QUOTE]
    i'm relaxed. i just prefer to live in the "real world". i don't pretend to know what the bruins front office will do in the off-season. of the 10,000 trade scenarios that have been recommended here over the last year or two, NOT ONE HAS EVER HAPPENED. NOT ONE. so everyone can play gm, and sound equally dumb. congratulations you know how to log onto this site and work a key board. i get it, it's fun to play make believe. the funny thing is, some people actually believe what they type. you know... there's nothing "unique" about one of the best players in the nhl. could have used him to score an OT winner this year eh? but do go on and map out the long-term pay structure for the bruins... as i'm sure you were in that last metting with jacobs/ pc/ neely/ and julien.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Bruins played the Flyers last year, DK scored 3 game winners. The OP was pointing out how great Parise is after he scored a goal. I pointed out that lots of players score goals. Speculating is fun, but most of the speculation is ridiculous. There is a thread about a proposed line up that crunches the numbers and shows that with signing mediocre free agents, trading Thomas and using Savards cap space the Bruins have about 4 million left. And that's without spare forwards and D and part-season call ups. So that leaves 2 million.  It is not just unlikely, it is impossible to sign Parise without moving a significant contract.

Since a contract would have to be moved, you would have to look at someone like, say, David Krejci. Krejci is younger, cheaper and more productive. He scores more points per game in the playoffs than Parise. I like Parise. I like Krejci. I would prefer the one that takes up less cap space. If the Bruins traded away DK and signed Parise, they would be exactly at the cap. Now next year they will need to sign Seguin, Lucic and Marchand, among others. Talk about prime pickings for an offer sheet to one of your RFA's, and a mad scramble to trade players to keep your best pieces. This for a guy who is older and less productive than the guy you had in the first place. But hey, he's a UFA and plays for another team! He's new and shiny, we need to get him!

The real flaw in the whole thing is it's just a bad fit. There are a dozen teams that could really use a top-line winger, don't already have one, and have cap space. The Bruins are not one of those teams. If you step out of the Bruins box for a minute and look at the league as a whole, you will see some much better player-team fits.

[QUOTE]why so little love for parise? i don't get it. i do realize there's about a 2% chance of him joining the b's, but who wouldn't welcome aboard an all-star/olympian/ and team captain? sorry if he stole your girlfriend or something. get over it. as far as a rift in the lockerroom, doesn't chara make top d-man salary? no problem there. to imply his contract would "divide a dressing room" is reaching a bit. while we're in fantasy land... oatescam, please provide the list of players that WOULD score on the flyers? really? you do realize the bruins did not face the flyers right? did i miss something? after you've provided the stats for a series that never happened, please do tell us how "not unique" parise is, you know, scoring a game winning OT goal is something everybody does. and that big "C" on his sweater, nothing unique about that. foolishness

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: another big goal from : That is exactly it. Seguin, Horton, Lucic, and Marchand will all be looking for new contracts in 2013 and bigger raises. If a big FA is signed to big money for some reason who is going to be sacrificed? Due to the cap, not everyone will fit.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Isn't Parise better than all of those guys (x Seguin)?  Obviously, they won't all cost 7Mill, but still, if those 3 wingers end up costing 5M (only 1 M raises for lucic and horton), is a 2Mill bump for parise that big of a premium?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

no guarantees with Horton long term and while we're at it LONG TERM who knows about Chara he will be 36 next season and Seguin is years away from 6-7 million. if i understand it correctly Thomas cap hit is 5 million and Savard's is 4 million so there is room if they want to do it. i just appreciate what a clutch player he is, always seems to make the big play, very smart and probably underrated player

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]no guarantees with Horton long term and while we're at it LONG TERM who knows about Chara he will be 36 next season and Seguin is years away from 6-7 million. if i understand it correctly Thomas cap hit is 5 million and Savard's is 4 million so there is room if they want to do it. i just appreciate what a clutch player he is, always seems to make the big play, very smart and probably underrated player
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Stamkos is 21 and is making $7.5 million a year. Tavares is 20 and his new contract pays him an average of $5.5 million a year. Seguin is an RFA at the end of 2013 (age of 21). How much will he be worth if he leads the team in scoring once again?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]no guarantees with Horton long term and while we're at it LONG TERM who knows about Chara he will be 36 next season and Seguin is years away from 6-7 million. if i understand it correctly Thomas cap hit is 5 million and Savard's is 4 million so there is room if they want to do it. i just appreciate what a clutch player he is, always seems to make the big play, very smart and probably underrated player
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]
    Off the top of my head, Stamkos and Doughty each signed deals upwards of 7 million as RFAs. Even Kessel got 5.4 million per. Seguin is coming into that exact same contractual situation one year from now and it'll be a surprise if he gets less than 6.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: another big goal from : Stamkos is 21 and is making $7.5 million a year. Tavares is 20 and his new contract pays him an average of $5.5 million a year. Seguin is an RFA at the end of 2013 (age of 21). How much will he be worth if he leads the team in scoring once again?
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    JM, I think the Tavares deal is fair for both sides whereas the deals signed by Stamkos, Doughty and Kessel are outrageous. I get that Stamkos is a great player but why wouldn't Yzerman wait until someone else signed him to an offer sheet? He essentially matched the highest bid without there even being one. RFA status is supposed to give some leverage to the owners but it only works when they use it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: another big goal from : JM, I think the Tavares deal is fair for both sides whereas the deals signed by Stamkos, Doughty and Kessel are outrageous. I get that Stamkos is a great player but why wouldn't Yzerman wait until someone else signed him to an offer sheet? He essentially matched the highest bid without there even being one. RFA status is supposed to give some leverage to the owners but it only works when they use it.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I agree. Tavares money is actually the most likely for Seguin (also on par with what Bergeron and Krejci now make) but you never know. And yeah, for all the talk of Yzerman's "brilliance" that sure was a headscratching move on his part.

Like the new Avatar by the way.

Cheers

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: another big goal from : JM, I think the Tavares deal is fair for both sides whereas the deals signed by Stamkos, Doughty and Kessel are outrageous. I get that Stamkos is a great player but why wouldn't Yzerman wait until someone else signed him to an offer sheet? He essentially matched the highest bid without there even being one. RFA status is supposed to give some leverage to the owners but it only works when they use it.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yzerman may have gotten a phone call from Mr. GM and was told, "Hey, listen.  I want to sign Stamkos to $7.5M.  If I do, are you going to match it?  That's as high as the President will go.  If you just sign him to $7.5 yourself, it'll save us all a lot of paperwork."

I highly doubt this happened, but there are many things that go on without our knowledge.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: another big goal from : Ya all were awful signings, Hossa went to the cup finals with the 3 teams he signed with and won with his long term team, Richards didn't put up a ton of points but was a captain of the best team in the East, and Ilya still scored 37 goals last year as he helps lead his team through the playoffs right now. Granted, Kovalchuk was a mess last year, but the guy is one of the premier talents in the league and will be a huge help to NJD over the long haul. If Parise picks a team like the Bruins or Det (a contender and hockey city as he pointed out), he will be far from a bust.  Everytime the big lights come on the guy shows up and gives everything he has.  He would instantly be the Bruins best forward if he signed here (of course barring a huge year from seguin next season, which is definitely coming, I can see the kid approaching 40 goals 90 points)
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Parise is not coming to Boston.  Stop.  It doesn't matter if you're in love with him.  He's not going to be a Boston Bruin. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: another big goal from : i'm relaxed. i just prefer to live in the "real world". i don't pretend to know what the bruins front office will do in the off-season. of the 10,000 trade scenarios that have been recommended here over the last year or two, NOT ONE HAS EVER HAPPENED. NOT ONE. so everyone can play gm, and sound equally dumb. congratulations you know how to log onto this site and work a key board. i get it, it's fun to play make believe. the funny thing is, some people actually believe what they type. you know... there's nothing "unique" about one of the best players in the nhl. could have used him to score an OT winner this year eh? but do go on and map out the long-term pay structure for the bruins... as i'm sure you were in that last metting with jacobs/ pc/ neely/ and julien.   

Best post in a long time.

Sections
Shortcuts