another big goal from

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

another big goal from

Zach Parise. How do the Bruins not take a good shot at him? Big game player would make a huge difference to this team

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: another big goal from

PC will likely kick the tires but Parise is going to seriously cash in come July 1. Every playoff goal just drives up the cost. B's will probably need to look elsewhere.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You know he'll fetch 6m-7m .  Not sure Bruins would take a chance without knowing  what the next CBA will be.  If they do.... I will be shocked but happy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

wish passive pete had the you know whats to do it, Parise specifically mentioned Boston as a place he would like to land as a real hockey town and good team culture are important to him.  I'd rather pay him 6-7 and put rask in than thomas and campbell for their 6-7.  I know that can be blashemy to many of this board, but this guy is legit

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: another big goal from:
    [QUOTE]PC will likely kick the tires but Parise is going to seriously cash in come July 1. Every playoff goal just drives up the cost. B's will probably need to look elsewhere.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Mark my words:  This is the new cool phrase that you are going to hear a million times between now and July 2nd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The Bruins like the team they have, they don't feel they need to go all out to add a 7m contract to their roster and it's against their philosophy just before the CBA expires.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: 10 RFA's that caught my eye?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 10 RFA's that caught my eye? : wouldn't be surprised to see a team in need of a goalie kick the tires on Tuukka if he's free come July 1st....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: another big goal from : Mark my words:  This is the new cool phrase that you are going to hear a million times between now and July 2nd.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

oh you........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I might have to kick the tires on saying kick the tires more often.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Kid has been clutch his whole career, i too would trade thomas to make cap room for him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: another big goal from : Mark my words:  This is the new cool phrase that you are going to hear a million times between now and July 2nd.

This phrase is overused, yes, but never cool....lol.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Speaking of big goals... Danny Briere.... very clutch.

Man, Philly can attack with everyline...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes he is, almost worth that big contract.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

That and doing 'due dilligence'.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I thought this was going to be a Doug Hamilton thread - game winner in double OT, 3 point night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I thought this was going to be a Doug Hamilton thread - game winner in double OT, 3 point night.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

HE DID HE DID !  Kid cannot go back to Junior next season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Good for him. Can't wait to see him in black and gold next season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: another big goal from : HE DID HE DID !  Kid cannot go back to Junior next season.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    I seriously doubt he will,it won't do his development any good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: another big goal from : I seriously doubt he will,it won't do his development any good.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Even if Hamilton gets limited time on D and plays good PP minutes he'll learn more and improve with the Bruins than dominating in the OHL.  Frig, he dominated this season in Juniors

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hamilton still has to show that his game will translate to the NHL, and that's not a sure thing.  I like his chances because he's got the physical tools and he's a smart enough kid to figure it out; the only real question is how much of that crazy offense can he bring to the NHL and still be a reliable defensive player.  If I look at Cam Fowler (and I'm looking at him right now, watching the US v. France - France is surrendering), he had nothing like Hamilton's numbers in junior and has nothing like his size.  Still he's put up decent numbers in Anaheim, so he was able to bring his offense to some degree, but he's also a massive minus player and he's -10 compared to most of his teammates too, which puts his individual number in context.  -28 won't fly with Julien.

Hamilton jumps up so much to get those points, he reminds me a bit of Bryan Berard.  The Bruins will work to keep him back, or at least to pick his spots.  It could take time for him to adjust, and if that adjustment looks like it's going to damage his confidence, I could see the Bruins sending him back to Niagara even if he's already played 10 games.  He probably doesn't adapt his game in junior just because he can dominate playing the way he does now, and Niagara will want him to continue to dominate.  But if he starts to lose confidence, and you can't play him in Boston because hey, Cup contender, then you have to find a place where he can play and work on some elements of the game the Bruins want to see.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It's interesting that certain players come up at trade deadline or for the summer UFA signing festival and everyone starts talking like they are the greatest thing since slice bread.  And then they arrive somewhere and don't make such a gi-normous splash like everyone thought.  Hossa, Kovalchuk, Richards.  Just a thought.  I think folks should kick the tires on this observation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

There are lots of Bruins who would score goals against the Flyers. Parise is not unique in this.

Hamilton 3 point night... beautiful. He scored at a 100 point pace and was defensman of the year. There is no point in him going back to junior, he's got to take his lumps in the NHL now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I kick a tire in frustration everytime I hear the name Parise.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]It's interesting that certain players come up at trade deadline or for the summer UFA signing festival and everyone starts talking like they are the greatest thing since slice bread.  And then they arrive somewhere and don't make such a gi-normous splash like everyone thought.  Hossa, Kovalchuk, Richards.  Just a thought.  I think folks should kick the tires on this observation.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Ya all were awful signings, Hossa went to the cup finals with the 3 teams he signed with and won with his long term team, Richards didn't put up a ton of points but was a captain of the best team in the East, and Ilya still scored 37 goals last year as he helps lead his team through the playoffs right now. Granted, Kovalchuk was a mess last year, but the guy is one of the premier talents in the league and will be a huge help to NJD over the long haul.

If Parise picks a team like the Bruins or Det (a contender and hockey city as he pointed out), he will be far from a bust.  Everytime the big lights come on the guy shows up and gives everything he has.  He would instantly be the Bruins best forward if he signed here (of course barring a huge year from seguin next season, which is definitely coming, I can see the kid approaching 40 goals 90 points)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Riiiiight.  Let's look at that again.  Hossa deliberately signed lesser, one-year deals with Pittsburgh and Detroit because he felt they gave him the best chance to win a Cup.  They were both top contenders before he arrived.  His presence pushed neither team over the top.  Even in Chicago, he was 7th in playoff points for the Hawks and 11th in playoff goals.  So - that is, to you, a good big money signing?  For comparison's sake, the 11th leading playoff goal scorer for the Bruins last year was Paille.  He matched Hossa's 3.  He makes just over a million and is a fourth liner.  Recchi was 7th in points.  He was on a veteran contract and made about $2M.  If you want a reason why Chicago is gutted now, it's partly because of the fax machine debacle, but paying Hossa a $5.27M cap hit to put up Paille/Recchi numbers isn't helping them manage the cap.  Oh yeah, since the Cup, they haven't won a series and Hossa was O-fer in the three games before Torres cold-cocked him.

Richards is almost impossible to assess at this point.  He had an average season for big money.  The Rangers should beat Washington, but so should have the Bruins.  If they go far, it has yet to be seen how much of that success can be laid on Richards.  Kovalchuk deal is harder to assess because they gave up a lot, they're paying a lot, and they were penalized a lot.  If they make the finals, and Kovalchuk continues at a p/g pace, then he may start to seem like he was worth it.

Sections
Shortcuts