Another "clean" hit by Orpik

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Another

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

SEE THE STORY HERE

Apparently posting the link was too difficult for you.

Yeah, I'm going to guess Orpik gets a few games for this one.  Not only is it a clear head shot, it's a high profile player.

I'll even add a graphic here to show you how to post a story properly.

[/QUOTE]   So was it clean or dirty am confused.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to pucman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So you have played hockey before? YES This is interesting. So on a clean legit check have you ever hurt anyone? YES Have you ever lined someone up & without any reguard for his well being, knowing hes in a vunerable position,& finished your check to the point of knocking the guy out or where he cant get up? YES  Its not the best feeling in the world is it. HOCKEY  Ever have your teammate lined up on one of these checks where you see him crumble to the ice hurt.  YES  Ever fight a opponent for a teammate? YES Ever have to fight for yourself after delievering a check that the other team thought was questionable? YES  This is hockey, not the good part of the game that we all love. Its a part that comes with a certain respect for the game,your teammate & the opponent. Most players have this respect & the ones I see you, your bromances stick up for dont have that respect. If Orpik is going to line up your best player from 40 ft away Rarely does anyone get lined up from 40 feet and finish his check with the puck in a questinable spot to boot Toews was only in a questionable spot at the last second when he moved off the boards, he should be prepared to repect the game, his teammates who may have to answer for him & the opponent. Orpik didn't turn down a fight, no one challenged him Boychuk does & that puts the Krecji,s the Bergeron,s & so forth out of that picture. Have any Bruins been injured due to a Boychuk check?  Thats being a good teammate & respecting the game.

HOCKEY

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Well i,m glad see you have alittle respect for game,put your nose in there & answered the bell. To bad Orpik doesn't or we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion. If he just answered the bell is all you can ask & expect. Yes, no one on Chicago challenged him which is a disgrace to your hurt Captain. I believe Thorthon did challenge him & the bell wasn't answered. At 6ft plus 225 all he had to do was hold on, wrestle around, take a punch or 2 & that would of been it, I would look at him in a different light. Do you agree with that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Well i,m glad see you have alittle respect for game,put your nose in there & answered the bell. To bad Orpik doesn't or we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion. If he just answered the bell is all you can ask & expect. Yes, no one on Chicago challenged him which is a disgrace to your hurt Captain. I believe Thorthon did challenge him & the bell wasn't answered. At 6ft plus 225 all he had to do was hold on, wrestle around, take a punch or 2 & that would of been it, I would look at him in a different light. Do you agree with that?

[/QUOTE]

I think Thornton should have dropped the gloves and started swinging instead of sending him a pink lace edged invitation to the dance.

Orpik isn't a fighter.  He rarely goes.  I think some of his hits have been bad.  Someone probably should have dropped him by now. 

Vs. Chicago?  Silence.  Not even an invite.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Given how Thornton's partially held-back love tap (with gloves on) apparently knocked Orpik out cold, I can understand why he may not want to go toe-to-toe with anyone, preferring to hit when his target can't see him coming. I thought at the time and still do that Orpik must have the most brittle "glass jaw" of all time.

I feel the same way about Subban, Cooke, Ott at times, even Marchand when he goes over the line: eventually, someone is going to do to you what you have done to others, and you may not like the result. Why play that way? Boychuck hits big, but nobody wants to kill the guy. One day Subban won't be able to weasel his way out of a retaliatory hit, and not a lot of people will feel bad about it (outside those calling 911).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Thornton in alot of times should play with alittle more of a edge then he does. Sometimes "the code" goes to far with him. When Lucic is challenged by Barch & fights him, Thornton should have gone after  top 6 or top 2, but instead seeks out Barch. "the code' got in the way that night. Orpik isnt going to get dropped in a straight up fight, he,s to big & strong. Just hold on, go for the ride & get some respect back. Miller answered Moen the other night & not 1 word was said about the Weiss hit, which was pretty tamed but hurt him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The dude launches himself and gets air along with the hit.....wow.  Is that even legal?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL! Aww comon! Sandog has been posting these left right & center lately. That's the only reason I asked for him. 

[/QUOTE]

Just joking.

No need to post it more.  Those who are calling for leaving his feet have never seen what leaving the feet is.  Try watching a Raffi Torres hit.  This is a body check.  It's how it's done. 

[/QUOTE]

Yea fair enough. One of the links I posted was the Torres hit on Hossa and the other was Ovie leaving his feet on....can't remember now. But their both perfect examples of leaving the feet before contact is made. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

The dude launches himself and gets air along with the hit.....wow.  Is that even legal?

[/QUOTE]

You're wrong!