another game..another bad 2 goals...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Re: another game..another bad 2 goals...

And Thomas did'nt let in 2 bad goals against Toronto, including a softy with 1 minute left?

Enough with the biatchin and whining about Rask-- just be happy the Bruins have 2 really good goalies.  I don't care who plays in net for the Bruins as long it is a win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: another game..another bad 2 goals...:
    [QUOTE]not true Orr. I complain about TT too. I just tend to cut TT a little more slack, based on his unbelievable season. the Toronto loss was def. Tim's fault...no question. All I'm saying is, Rask can't seem to get through "any" game....win or lose....without giving up bad goals. Not sure what we're even arguing about....the fact he gives up bad goals every game is a fact....so we shouldn't even be arguing. Whether or not something needs to be done about it....well....we could all fight about that lol. But why are people arguing the FACT that he gives up soft goals every game.....??????
    Posted by macdogcharm[/QUOTE] Maybe I should agree with you.... this second year goalie has not been standing on his head while seeing spot duty. He is clearly a failure and should be traded for a bag of pucks, I wonder if the leafs would take him back? LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Top line 2 points.

Rask is getting form back, takes time when confidence shaken, 2 goals were bad, D was brutal at times as well,  he will be fine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Top line 2 points. Rask is getting form back, takes time when confidence shaken, 2 goals were bad, D was brutal at times as well,  he will be fine.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE] Where you at now goat, I'm still in dawson creek

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Rask will also play in Ottawa he needs the work and get on a roll. TT could use the rest before they travel out west.

Go B's

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]not true Orr. I complain about TT too. I just tend to cut TT a little more slack, based on his unbelievable season. the Toronto loss was def. Tim's fault...no question. All I'm saying is, Rask can't seem to get through "any" game....win or lose....without giving up bad goals. Not sure what we're even arguing about....the fact he gives up bad goals every game is a fact....so we shouldn't even be arguing. Whether or not something needs to be done about it....well....we could all fight about that lol. But why are people arguing the FACT that he gives up soft goals every game.....??????
    Posted by macdogcharm[/QUOTE]

Here's a fact, I started another thread on this.

Every significant goaltender I could find of the modern era, Dryden, Brodeur, Roy, Hasek and so on...

Every one of them had a career gaa that followed a similar pattern.

I considered their first 1-3 "true" NHL seasons where they had a significant number of starts.

First year had a really decent gaa.
    Then - second year  they all got lit up, and posted their worst gaa of their careers, there were exceptions to the worst gaa, like this year where Brodeur is getting croaked.

But the pattern was quite clear.  Good first year.  Worst 2nd year of their careers and then they went on from their.

Look it up if you don't believe me.

So yah, Rask lets in some softies.  Looks like all the elite goalies go through this phase for some reason.

I would certainly not give up on him yet.  If he goes the way of some other goalies before, he'll be back to being a franchise goalie again.

Or maybe a career minor leaguer.  Anyways.

Here are the numbers pasted from that thread;
    Martin Brodeur
    his 2nd season was his worst - ever - at 2.45 gaa until this year where's he's been lit up for 2.75

Patrick Roy
    His first season was his worst, his next 2 seasons not much better, then he improved and his career roller coastered from there.

Dominick Hasek
    Posted 3.15 in his second regular NHL season - the worst of his career by far - REALLY far.   2.83 was his worst season after that.

Ken Dryden
    3rd NHL season was the worst of his career at 2.69

Ryan Miller
    In his 2nd true full season - a season with more than 15 games  played.  2.73  - worst of his career.

Roberto Luongo
    His second season was his second worst at 2.73

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to another game..another bad 2 goals...:
    [QUOTE]when we win all you bozos out there say "bottom line 2 points...F%^$ OFF macdog"....but facts are facts...EVERY SINGLE GAME RASK LETS IN AT LEAST 2 BAD GOALS!!! that's not NHL goaltending. but hey...we won anyway...so go ahead and tell me how stuupid I am..... PS. Im not a TT groupie...I admit he's been terrible lately too....but facts are facts....EVERY SINGLE GAME RASK LETS IN AT LEAST 2 BAD GOALS!!

HAVE YOU EVER LACED UP A PAIR OF SKATES  ?  ENOUGH SAID !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]Top line 2 points. Rask is getting form back, takes time when confidence shaken, 2 goals were bad, D was brutal at times as well,  he will be fine.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

His confidence is shaken ? You're kidding right ?  Rusty yes, but not confiddent,
    c'mon !

You've been listening to the tv commnetators too long. Incidentally , they never laced up a pair of skates either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

No one was stopping the 2nd goal. No one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBfan67. Show BBfan67's posts

Yeah we know you don't like Rask, yes he lets in bad goals. What about 5 hole Timmy? Kessel burned him the other night to tie the game and then Timmy doesn't hug the goal post letting in the game winner. Both goalies give up soft goals. Yes this can't keep happening unless we get a true scorer or 2 we will not make it outta the first round.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the bruins have given up the fewest goals in the east-just think....if they didn't let the "easy" ones in , they would have only given up 10 or 12 goals all season! that's realistic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

In Response to another game..another bad 2 goals...:
    [QUOTE]when we win all you bozos out there say "bottom line 2 points...F%^$ OFF macdog"....but facts are facts...EVERY SINGLE GAME RASK LETS IN AT LEAST 2 BAD GOALS!!! that's not NHL goaltending. but hey...we won anyway...so go ahead and tell me how stuupid I am..... PS. Im not a TT groupie...I admit he's been terrible lately too....but facts are facts....EVERY SINGLE GAME RASK LETS IN AT LEAST 2 BAD GOALS!!

Trolling the day away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

First goal was just a highlight reel goal from a very good player.

The second goal was a bomb labeled top shelf that as many have said no one would stop.

The third goal was yes a bad rebound that he should have controlled.

I counted at most one "bad goal" - and if a goalie is letting in one bad a goal a night our offense should provide enough support to overcome that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

not 2 bad goals...but 1.5 is reasonable. that first goal is half on him and half on chara. chara was late to react to tavares and didn't push him wide enough. tukka sat back way too far in his net, and gave tavares an angle to shoot. second goal wasn't getting stopped by anyone. third goal was on tukka- he left the rebound a foot in front of the crease. so lets make it 1.5 officially 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

The first goal wouldnt have gone in if he would stand up and hug the post not unlike he has let in before....dropping down as soon as a shooter comes over the blue line....drives me nuts!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Goring on the Isles broadcast said Rask gave Tavares too much of an opening by staying on the crease. He said Rask should come out a little bit to cut down an angle for that type of shot. It was a great shot, but could be construed as a bad goal because Rask stayed back in the net and had plenty of time to prepare for the attempt. Thomas frequently just comes out to cut down that angle play. With that said, Rask played well, had a pretty impressive run of good to great saves...and that's encouraging.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I'm confused.  If they win, but bad goals went in, I'm supposed to be unhappy? But what if Rask plays awesome out of his mind and one gets past him on a 5 minute 5-3 pp?  Should I then be happy that they lost, but it was a good goal? I'm confused.  I really am.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I'm still trying to work this all through...

lets say the Bruins win 2-zip.

But the goals they get are on the garbage side.

Should I also be unhappy with bad goals scored even if they are game winners?

Rask looks good to me tonight so far.

This Kaberle guy actually looks pretty good out there, nice passes out of his own end and on that pp.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

So let me guess both goals were weak tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]So let me guess both goals were weak tonight.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Maybe not.
    But clearly the goals weren't that good as one was clearly offside.

So I think that ends up being that we shouldn't accept such mediocrity.

Unless its for a Stanley Cup.

But what if we have 4 like tonight, let in one bad one and score one bad one, can we let the bad score and goal wash each other out?

This is getting really complicated.

I think I'll just go back to the wins and losses formula.

It works like this:
    If the Bruins score more goals than the other guys I've noticed this always results in a win.  At least according to my research.  And whether the goals for or against were pretty or ugly, I can't find any league stats for that.

Since more goals than the other guys is a win, here's my plan:
    I'll celebrate the wins and consider the losses no so good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I say play Rask again Calgary... ride the hot goalie!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

hey Orr....you're attempts at sarcasm make you look foolish. obviously....nobody on this thread said either of tonight's goals were weak. HOWEVER.....everyone with connected brain cells would understand that 2 of the 3 goals against the Islanders were weak!! INCLUDING Rask himself! And you know very well that this thread pertains to the Islanders game. So your sarcasm truly makes you look simple...as EVERYONE (including Rask) does agree that the 1st and 3rd goals against the Islanders were weak. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make....... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]hey Orr....you're attempts at sarcasm make you look foolish. obviously....nobody on this thread said either of tonight's goals were weak. HOWEVER.....everyone with connected brain cells would understand that 2 of the 3 goals against the Islanders were weak!! INCLUDING Rask himself! And you know very well that this thread pertains to the Islanders game. So your sarcasm truly makes you look simple...as EVERYONE (including Rask) does agree that the 1st and 3rd goals against the Islanders were weak. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make....... 

I don't think the first goal was weak.  Tavares made a great move to create a good shooting angle through Chara, then made a perfect shot.  Rask may have been slightly out of position, but it was still a great shot that most goalies probably miss. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]hey Orr....you're attempts at sarcasm make you look foolish. obviously....nobody on this thread said either of tonight's goals were weak. HOWEVER.....everyone with connected brain cells would understand that 2 of the 3 goals against the Islanders were weak!! INCLUDING Rask himself! And you know very well that this thread pertains to the Islanders game. So your sarcasm truly makes you look simple...as EVERYONE (including Rask) does agree that the 1st and 3rd goals against the Islanders were weak. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make....... 

So what is your assessment of Rask's game last night?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Rask came across too hard on Butler's goal - pushed right past his angle going from left to right, and Butler's shot back across his body had room.  That is a classic example of what a goalie  does when his instincts aren't quite 'on'.  Last year, Rask comes across clean, hits the angle, and Butler's shot hits him.  First star last night and deservedly so for two reasons: the skaters were sleep-walking for all but 10 min. of the third (emotional day watching two guys walk out, one guy walk in, and thinking about how the new guys will affect everyone else's role/ice time, plus day two of a back to back....but still, they were really sleepy).  Second, Rask made some super-sweet saves starting with that toe on a redirect less than five minutes into the game.  He looks like he's coming around.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I missed the two bad goals tonight, anyone else see them?

Rask stops all 33 in a game where the B's are outshot 33-21 and win 1-0.  The horror is that the back-up goalie has won four in a row, while the Vezina Trophy winner gets some rest.