Another Hockey Fight, another wussy ending

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Another Hockey Fight, another wussy ending

Marchand gets credit for going, and deserves it.

After losing his helmet, he grabs Niskanen's leg?

After failing at the wrestling move, he hugs the guy and nods to the ref because he no longer wishes to fight.

It's like Return of the Jedi.  Awesome beginning, pitiful ending.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Another Hockey Fight, another wussy ending

Get your camera phones out!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Another Hockey Fight, another wussy ending:
                           Get your camera phones out!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Does anyone have a phone that doesn't have a camera?

Even my old Razr could take pics!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

If your not going to take your helmet off dont fight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Another Hockey Fight, another wussy ending : Does anyone have a phone that doesn't have a camera? Even my old Razr could take pics!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I was having some fun and I would not have been surprised if Marchand had gotten kicked out for that dirty slew foot. Easy Francis you don't have to be the big toe all the time...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I can honestly say my phone is so old it doesn't have a camera.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He got hurt when he punched his visor and that's when he wanted to stop fighting.  You could see his knuckles opened up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Campbell vs. Vitale

THAT is a hockey fight.

No buddy buddy ending there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Campbell vs. Vitale THAT is a hockey fight. No buddy buddy ending there.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Amen

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Yaaaaawwwwwn!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Campbell vs. Vitale THAT is a hockey fight. No buddy buddy ending there.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Got to give it Vitale as he got blow after blow by Campbell and he took em and then came back with a few of his own.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Another Hockey Fight, another wussy ending:
    Marchand gets credit for going, and deserves it. After losing his helmet, he grabs Niskanen's leg? After failing at the wrestling move, he hugs the guy and nods to the ref because he no longer wishes to fight. It's like Return of the Jedi.  Awesome beginning, pitiful ending.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Did ya see his last commercial for Pure hockey?

I thought it was pretty funny.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Another Hockey Fight, another wussy ending : Did ya see his last commercial for Pure hockey? I thought it was pretty funny.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Yes Marchand is funny in that commercial. Love when he's knocking the guy on the head repeatedly.
    The slewfoot was missing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Another Hockey Fight, another wussy ending:
    Marchand gets credit for going, and deserves it. After losing his helmet, he grabs Niskanen's leg? After failing at the wrestling move, he hugs the guy and nods to the ref because he no longer wishes to fight. It's like Return of the Jedi.  Awesome beginning, pitiful ending.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I totally disagree. Return of the Jedi sucked from beginning to end! HA!

Oh, and yeah, that fight looked like they both asked the same girl to the prom and then they both decided to go with each other instead. Pitiful is right!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

Meh, Marchand was taking direct, repeated blows to his head area.  He bit off a bit more than he could chew, no doubt.  Looks like he tried to end it with one giant haymaker, but it didn't connect.  Hence, the leg grab/plea for mercy.  I agree, Campbell fights ANGRY.  He's a tough SOB,

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

In Response to Another Hockey Fight, another wussy ending : I totally disagree. Return of the Jedi sucked from beginning to end! HA! Oh, and yeah, that fight looked like they both asked the same girl to the prom and then they both decided to go with each other instead. Pitiful is right!
    Posted by WalkTheLine

ROTJ had one of the most underrated spaceship battles in the history of science-fiction spaceship battles.  Flashing my nerd cred big time right about now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Another Hockey Fight, another wussy ending : Did ya see his last commercial for Pure hockey? I thought it was pretty funny.
    Posted by BadHabitude

What happened?  Did the censors pull the link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prhx-352dPY

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Marchand did bite off more than he expected because he couldn't reach Niskanen. The Campbell fight was a good one, and Vitale showed how to commit. Where is Thornton in all of these games? Everyone else is doing the fighting, and there aren't any "staged" pugilism slow downs. Time to add Caron's skill to the 4th line, and let Campbell do the fighting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thought it was about as good as a fight can be, when both guys are wearing helmets and shields.

I was delighted to see Marchand (one of the top 5 point producers on the team) stop pounding his hand into another player's helmet.  I thought he tried to through some inside bombs when he had the chance, instead of just playing it safe.  If both guys took their helmets off, it would have been better.  The slew foot was bad form.  The fight was just fine. 

But, if you hate the guy to begin with, you probably look at other things.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

But, if you hate the guy to begin with, you probably look at other things.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Is there something in what I posted that could possibly be slanted due to my dislike of his cheap play?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Another Hockey Fight, another wussy ending : Is there something in what I posted that could possibly be slanted due to my dislike of his cheap play?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Maybe the simple fact that you started a thread dedicated to Marchand not fighting as well as you would've liked. I too wish he fought like Stan Johnathan. He didn't.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Another Hockey Fight, another wussy ending : Maybe the simple fact that you started a thread dedicated to Marchand not fighting as well as you would've liked. I too wish he fought like Stan Johnathan. He didn't.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Is it really about Marchand, or about the fight, and the culture today that when you're tired or give up in a fight, you just tell the refs (aka call in mommy) and that's it.

If you're going to fight, get in it to hurt the other guy and don't stop swinging until someone stops you or the guy is out cold or at the very least down.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382082

When will Fluto Shinsawa show the courage of his convictions and join his buddy Kevin Paul Dupont in decrying* fighting in hockey?

(* though i realize Dupont mentioning it once, hardly qualifies as 'decrying' nor 'courage')

Everyone knows that fighting in hockey is not sustainable, that it really isn't a 'part of the game', that players get seriously and permanently hurt doing it. How many damaged brains is it gonna take?

Fighting in hockey is a lie.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Another Hockey Fight, another wussy ending : Is it really about Marchand, or about the fight, and the culture today that when you're tired or give up in a fight, you just tell the refs (aka call in mommy) and that's it. If you're going to fight, get in it to hurt the other guy and don't stop swinging until someone stops you or the guy is out cold or at the very least down.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I guess that's the real question. Thinking this is new just isn't true though. Probert, McSorley, Domi, etc,...........I've seen all of these guys end fights in much the same manner. I just think we got spoiled by the old-school Bruins who were often in tough battles because they weren't well liked and that suited them just fine.

Sections
Shortcuts