ANOTHER KABERLE POST

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: ANOTHER KABERLE POST

In Response to Re: ANOTHER KABERLE POST:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER KABERLE POST : Well, Burke did say "a 1st rounder, young roster player and prospect." He does NOT have to trade Kaberle.
    Posted by bridgemanusa[/QUOTE]

Burke has already stated he does not have the cap space to Kaberle.  So if he not going to sign him and he will only accept a trade to Boston he either takes what we will give or lets him walk for nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER KABERLE POST : If Wheeler goes, it's for a) cap space and b)expect another deal for a forward. Wheeler can easily be replaced.
    Posted by bridgemanusa[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree as long as we are talking about easily replaced in the short term, still I feel like if we can find a way to upgrade this team while keeping Wheeler around it makes it much more likely he signs heree next year.  I know some people don't like that prospect but I still like Wheeler as a 3rd liner right now with offensive upside and a ceiling that still reads First line Winger.  I know most have given up hope on his ceiling but I am not afraid to admit that I still see it in him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER KABERLE POST : I tend to agree as long as we are talking about easily replaced in the short term, still I feel like if we can find a way to upgrade this team while keeping Wheeler around it makes it much more likely he signs heree next year.  I know some people don't like that prospect but I still like Wheeler as a 3rd liner right now with offensive upside and a ceiling that still reads First line Winger.  I know most have given up hope on his ceiling but I am not afraid to admit that I still see it in him.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

Wheeler has been an excellent PK'er and 3rd/4th line player for this team.  But he will NEVER be a 1st line player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

As long as they don't give up the Toronto pick, I would say do it.  Package of picks and prospects -- Zach Hamill.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Burke is American and has watched Wheeler and Stuart extensively...I say it would be one of these two and a pick.
    I'd send Stuart and OUR 1st pick for Kaberle.

Keep in mind we have an excellent shot this year. Pitts has injuries, Wash has been brutal all year, TB has no D or goaltending.
    Philly is the only team that is better than us in the east. This is the year to load up and go for it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Joe Yerdon
    @
    @ @ Everyone's defense looks bad in Toronto. Kaberle's been better this year than in the past.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

If Stuart leaves and Boychuk stays, I will be disappointed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER KABERLE POST : Wheeler has been an excellent PK'er and 3rd/4th line player for this team.  But he will NEVER be a 1st line player.
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

EDITED FOR CLARITY AND CONTENT

I respect your opinion but we are the same organization who was adamant that Versteeg's upside was third line checker when we made that deal.  Wheeler is 24 years old, we can see some hesitation in his game, I have no reason to doubt his work ethic so I believe the hesitation is going to dissipate with experience.  It has been noted time and time again that young players tend to have this issue under Claude.  Clearly not everyone does, as Marchand has adapted well, however I still see the skill in Wheeler's game, I stil see him constantly working on the things he's asked to work on.  Is he untouchable, not by any means, but would I prefer to give up most of our prospects before him absolutely.

For comparison by my count Versteeg has 11 more points then Wheeler since Wheeler entered the league.  They are both 24.  I know they are trending in the opposite direction, but once again I believe Wheeler will bounce back to his rookie form either this year or next and then surge beyond it.  He may never put up the offensive numbers stanley predicts in Boston but he could very much be a wing in the mold of P Bergeron (D first).

Anyways I am clearly getting off topic but I am so freaking excited right now!!!  Let's get Kaberle done!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER KABERLE POST : EDITED FOR CLARITY AND CONTENT I respect your opinion but we are the same organization who was adamant that Versteeg's upside was third line checker when we made that deal.  Wheeler is 24 years old, we can see some hesitation in his game, I have no reason to doubt his work ethic so I believe the hesitation is going to dissipate with experience.  It has been noted time and time again that young players tend to have this issue under Claude.  Clearly not everyone does, as Marchand has adapted well, however I still see the skill in Wheeler's game, I stil see him constantly working on the things he's asked to work on.  Is he untouchable, not by any means, but would I prefer to give up most of our prospects before him absolutely. For comparison by my count Versteeg has 11 more points then Wheeler since Wheeler entered the league.  They are both 24.  I know they are trending in the opposite direction, but once again I believe Wheeler will bounce back to his rookie form either this year or next and then surge beyond it.  He may never put up the offensive numbers stanley predicts in Boston but he could very much be a wing in the mold of P Bergeron (D first). Anyways I am clearly getting off topic but I am so freaking excited right now!!!  Let's get Kaberle done!!
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

Point taken.  In my opinion, Versteeg is a nice player who can perform a variety of roles (pretty much whatever a team asks him to do, he'll do it), but he has yet to show the capability of being a 1st line winger.  As you mentioned, he only has 11 more points than Wheeler in the past 2 1/2 years.  Based on that assessment, it is unlikely (although not entirely impossible) that Wheeler becomes a 1st line winger.

As for Bergeron: Patrice brings far more value to the team than Wheeler.  He is not only a d-first center, but an excellent face-off winner, powerplay contributor, and a much more prolific scorer.  If Wheeler wants to develop into a player of PB's ilk, then he must improve in those areas.  And I have yet to see that from him this season.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

[QUOTE]If this is true, what is the possibility the deal gets done before the game? Should he be kept out of the Laffs lineup?
    Posted by moogfan35[/QUOTE]
    If I were just traded to the team I were playing against I would refuse to play against my future team but thats just me.  I am no pro either so I will never have to worry about this situation

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ANOTHER KABERLE POST : Point taken.  In my opinion, Versteeg is a nice player who can perform a variety of roles (pretty much whatever a team asks him to do, he'll do it), but he has yet to show the capability of being a 1st line winger.  As you mentioned, he only has 11 more points than Wheeler in the past 2 1/2 years.  Based on that assessment, it is unlikely (although not entirely impossible) that Wheeler becomes a 1st line winger. As for Bergeron: Patrice brings far more value to the team than Wheeler.  He is not only a d-first center, but an excellent face-off winner, powerplay contributor, and a much more prolific scorer.  If Wheeler wants to develop into a player of PB's ilk, then he must improve in those areas.  And I have yet to see that from him this season.  
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

We agree on so much more then we disagree on.  Paricularly the qualities you discuss on Bergeron.  The only real difference is I guess the definition of a first line winger.  I guess my thought process there is that not every player on the first line will be a star making 5 mil +.  I could easily see Wheeler justifying 4 Mil per in a few years playing in a first line role due to this team's preference to build and spend down the middle and through the D.  Yeah it probably was kind of cheesy of me to use the technicalities of our roster structure in order to project him into a first line role, clearly anyone reading it would take first line winger as one of the top 64 in the league.  I will admit that it would be surprise if he were a top 64 winger in the NHL, but I also think you may agree it wouldn't be "Shocking", but more of a pleasant surprise.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Def want to see boychuck go over stu or wheeler.  Really want b's to get bogosian, we aren't winning it all this year, a combo of bogosian, rask, and seguin for 15 years could get us some cups!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

If it is Wheeler and no other NHL salary for Kaberle we will be at the cap again.  I would be okay at that point if we were done.  How do you all feel about that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Why would Kaberle only waive his ntc to come to the Bruins. There are at least 6 or 7 other teams that are more of a contender for the cup. Doesn't make sense. Let's be realistic, the Bruins won't be serious contenders this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

savybergy77 says ''think it would only take Wheeler and a pick'' ....do you realise that Blake Wheeler will score 30-35 goals next season and most probably 50 goals in 2012 ???? OMG what a terrible mistake that would be ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2012-2013 (not 2011 anymore after last night ''Black Tuesday'')

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]savybergy77 says ''think it would only take Wheeler and a pick'' ....do you realise that Blake Wheeler will score 30-35 goals next season and most probably 50 goals in 2012 ???? OMG what a terrible mistake that would be .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2012-2013 (not 2011 anymore after last night ''Black Tuesday'')
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
    35 goals??  50 goals?? I hope this is sarcasm. Have you seen Wheeler play the last 2 seasons??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]savybergy77 says ''think it would only take Wheeler and a pick'' ....do you realise that Blake Wheeler will score 30-35 goals next season and most probably 50 goals in 2012 ???? OMG what a terrible mistake that would be .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2012-2013 (not 2011 anymore after last night ''Black Tuesday'')
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Oh Stanley, I cannot make it more clear, I like Wheeler alot!  I prefer he remain a Bruin for at least three more years (age 27), but if he ever reaches 35 goals he will make me look smarter then I am.  If he ever reaches 50 goals he will have been the first player to find the latest and greatest PED.

I know your fascination with this guy has brought you fame on this board but I would really love to take a step back and hear what you really think without the hyperbole. You know, presumably one Wheeler fan to another.

Edited for Clarity