Another loss signed the Power PLay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: Another loss signed the Power PLay

In response to "Re: Another loss signed the Power PLay": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another loss signed the Power PLay : Thats a standards officiating rule for the B's to get a pp with 2 mins left if their down by a goal. Actually it part of the contract that O'Rourke, Sutherland, O'Halloran and Walkom have so they get to work the playoffs. But it didn't pan out tonight like it usually does...to bad..so sad. Posted by null[/QUOTE] Isn't it past your bedtime...I'm going to let you in on a little secret...Vancouver fans get no sympathy here. Signed..your 2010-2011 Stanley Cup Champs. Now, try not to wet the bed loser.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Another loss signed the Power PLay:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Another loss signed the Power PLay": Isn't it past your bedtime...I'm going to let you in on a little secret...Vancouver fans get no sympathy here. Signed..your 2010-2011 Stanley Cup Champs. Now, try not to wet the bed loser.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

Soon,  it's only 720pm in Vancouver.  She is finishing up her homework and next it's milk and cookie time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Yet another power play with nothing but shots from the point while players are above the circles. When will someone figure this out?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Yeah Kel--"Back to the point". Another game disguised as a warmup skate.

why the responding to N? Just ignore it takes LESS time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Yet another power play with nothing but shots from the point while players are above the circles. When will someone figure this out?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  The other team must know that strategy is coming rendering it predictable and easier to defend.  Among other things it's too bad they don't have a Tomas Holmstrom-type to at least obstruct the vision of goaltenders with the extra man.  He's made a career of doing it.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]The rationalizations and excuses continue to pile up.  24-2-1 is "past tense". 20+ games of being the 27th team in the league record-wise since January 7th is enough to seriously assess whether this team can go deep:  Did anyone ever notice that the teams that AREN'T afraid of the Bruins are kicking their butts?  Yeah, folks, other teams can play tough, aggressive hockey.  Give opponents their due.  The Senators fixed their turnover-filled game from the other night, beat the Bruins to the puck, kept them chasing their own tails, got a solid game from their goalie for 50 minutes and EARNED a win.   The Bs didn't lose it; the Sens won it. Rangers are the team to beat in the East, followed by Pittsburgh.  THe rest is a toss up.  The Bs are in that toss up.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    I can agree with you to a point, and the B's haven't played well, but with the key injuries to Horton and Peverly the lines seem to be out of sync. I know every team has injuries and the B's are no different, but other than the MBS line and the 4th line the other 2 lines have been in constant flux to get a good mix. It doesn't seem to be working for the most part and i hope Peverly (who will return) and Horton ( i'm not so sure)get back to claim their spots.

The Bruins got lucky last year with the team entering the playoffs healthy. To have a chance to repeat ,i think they'll need good health again. If Horton does not come back, then Peverly is on the first line and Rolston takes his spot on the third. The D and goaltending should be solid.I guess we as fans can ride it out for the final 20 games and let the chips fall where they may. Like i've said in another post, Horton is the wild card.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]50below - I know losing Horton does affect this team to a point.  Truth be told, the team was still struggling with Peverley in the lineup. PC played it safe, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's got reliable info that Peverly and/or Horton will be ready for the playoffs. The lines are shuffled around, but we HAVE seen enough glimpses of them working for a game and then hitting the snooze button the next game.  THe problem is deeper.  It's consistency, desire, and a will to assert their physicality and they are NOT doing it. 21 games left for the Bs: imagine they go 10-11. 17 games left for the Sens: imagine they go 11-6. Uh-oh...6th or 7th seed. Above for argument's sake.  But tonight was my breaking point.  Once they seem to find a glimmer of light, they follow it up with a full retreat.   They beat STL and then lay an egg in BUFF. They beat OTT and then play Ice Follies in the rematch.  NOT the sign of a team that's getting it together.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]i think so as well on the injuries. As far as the inconsistencies and effort on a regular basis, i was willing to cut them some slack after their torrid Nov/Dec. After they cooled off, which was to be expected, i thought they would play win one , lose one, for awhile and then get it together. This has not happened  and other than the injuries i cannot figure out why they haven't snapped out of their funk. When they want to play a full 60 mins , they can beat anyone but right now getting a consistent effort every night has been tough.Like i said, they have 20 games to figure it out, we will see.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carltetus. Show carltetus's posts

In Response to Another loss signed the Power PLay:
    [QUOTE]PP is significant in the regular season. Add tonight loss due to no PP.  Other games the PP was the main reason they lost, Canucks, 1st game against the Rangers,  the Wild, Buffalo Friday night ....
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Can't stand Corvo on PP. He's playing on the 1st unit and stay for 90 sec on the ice. The only time we have a lot of shots on goal was when Chara plays with Ference at the beginning of the PP.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

All good comments, but no-one indicated that Claude picks the lines, and Claude sets up the game plan. Obviously he was looking for a repeat of the St.Louis game, and made sure his 3rd man high was back at the blue line. WRONG move. Kelly is 3rd line defensive centre; 3rd man needs to be instinctive for offense, not just defense. Pouliot and Thornton bring energy and that's all. Kreji/Lucic/Seguin; Bergeron/Marchand/ Caron; Kelly/ Rolston/ Paille; Campbell/Thornton/Pouliot [energy line];

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]Yet another power play with nothing but shots from the point while players are above the circles. When will someone figure this out?

The sens on the other hand, parked right in front of THOMAS on their pp's. What would RECCHI do?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Game was pretty dreadful to watch, but I don't really blame the PP. They had a few good chances. But Boston's supposed to score lots 5 on 5 and they're not doing it. On the plus-side Thomas played some of his best hockey in a while, and the Bergeron line continues to make plays that sparkle, even if they don't score.  Rolston also looked half-decent in his debut. Better than any call up. He skated well and hit hard. Can you imagine the speed of Rolston-Kelly-Peverley as a line when healthy? I'm curious to see what Zanon can do when he gets in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]Game was pretty dreadful to watch, but I don't really blame the PP. They had a few good chances. But Boston's supposed to score lots 5 on 5 and they're not doing it. On the plus-side Thomas played some of his best hockey in a while, and the Bergeron line continues to make plays that sparkle, even if they don't score.  Rolston also looked half-decent in his debut. Better than any call up. He skated well and hit hard. Can you imagine the speed of Rolston-Kelly-Peverley as a line when healthy? I'm curious to see what Zanon can do when he gets in.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

The silver-lining was no doubt was flashes of last year's THOMAS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Or pre-white house Thomas.  Maybe he likes Mitt and he's feeling more relaxed?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another loss signed the Power PLay : The silver-lining was no doubt was flashes of last year's THOMAS.
    Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

1. Nice to see Thomas in good form
    2. Absolutely Julien was instituting a defence-first philosophy last night

Most of the struggles recently have been due to inept defensive structure, which was in part corrected last night. I'd much rather see them lock down and focus on this than open it up and try to haphazardly create more scoring chances.

It was utterly awful to watch, but there are 21 games here to install and perfect the defensive system. One can only hope that the offense will fall into place from there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE] Rangers are the team to beat in the East, followed by Pittsburgh.  THe rest is a toss up.  The Bs are in that toss up.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Toss up or not the Rangers team really has no injuries to core players therefore the verdict on them is not out. 
    The Pens on the otherhand are impressive,  they managed to win with big injuries. 

Don't be fooled how important the PP is in the regular season. Sure last night they were awful but that is what PP does, if you're outplayed the PP can switch momentum in a game.
    Proof, it happened the last time these two played in Boston earlier in the month. Bruins didn't look good that might and the PP (Chara's goal) bailed them out and eventually won the game.
    Last night in the 3rd they had 6minutes with a man advantage and 1minute (with EN) 2man advantage. They must get a goal here!  Instead the first two PPs they managed only 1shot on net . Unacceptable.
    I know it's a boring subject always talking the PP ,  it's the Bruins weakest link.
    Even when they were on fire,  sure they scored on the PP but those games were already won.  When it mattered most it failed them and they lost.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i don't feel it was the PP as much as abandoning their game. when the bruins are most effective, they dump the puck deep, then crash HARD, and pinch on the points. it's this style that provided them with their successes last year. coincidentally this also amps up their physical game, with the forwards crashing deep, and winning the puck. it's not the 6 minutes of PP time, it's the other 54 minutes of trying to be cute with the puck that worry me. "bruin hockey" is dirty, grimy, nothing pretty hockey. gotta get back to that. outwork your opponents along the boards.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another loss signed the Power PLay : They haven't snapped out of their "Funk" because they can't Goon other teams like they got away with under Colin Campbells reign of intentional ineptness. Shanny suspending Ferrence, Lucic and the Rodent has unnerved them and thier flake goalie really, really, really wants to be a Grand Wizard. It also looks like the NHLOA are tired of making fools of themselves propping up these Goons. Lets be honest, they only got the 2011 Tainted Cup because NBC gave the NHL $2 billion. But go ahead and hold your breath for the next 20 games. The jig is up -50. Too bad...so sad.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I think you missed global warming, the council of elders of zion, Area 54, Fox Mulder, Quetzecoatl, and the ghost of Gary Carter in your list of people other than the Canucks who are responsible for the Canucks not winning the Finals last year.  Thought you might want to add them to whatever bedazzled shrine you've built. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Dear Boston Bruins:

Thank you very much for sucking my di.ck last night. Looking forward to April 5.

Sincerely,
    R. Lehner

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

This!  Good observation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Just once, I wish a defenseman would jump into the play.  Dear D, you can do more on offense than wait at the blue line and then pass it back and forth once you get the puck.

Just no aggression last night.  No urgency.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Just once, I wish a defenseman would jump into the play.  Dear D, you can do more on offense than wait at the blue line and then pass it back and forth once you get the puck. Just no aggression last night.  No urgency.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]
    I have seen the D jump into the play numerous times this year, just not this game in particular. Who knows, an overall team malais.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Just once, I wish a defenseman would jump into the play.  Dear D, you can do more on offense than wait at the blue line and then pass it back and forth once you get the puck. Just no aggression last night.  No urgency.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

Drew, it is fustrating to watch. I'd like to see the puck down low with the threat, even the threat of Corvo or someone coming down. That would open it up for Chara and keep the penalty killers honest. They rley on the pointmen too much even while the pointmen are covered. How many times do we see Chara with the puck right inside the blue line having to fend off a defender? Please uitilize Seguin down low with the threat of a one timer, put Lucic in front of the net, his gearth alone creates problems for goalies. Have Krejci down low on the other side with Rolston/Corvo and Chara on the points. Like to see Rolston sneak in a few times, this will open things up..

Right now all I see is a power play designed as if Marc Savard was still out there. Problem is, he isnt. Last year, they got away with no power play, being the best team 5 on 5 and TT standing on his head, this year, it is going to bite them. Last nights game was there for the taken, power play 100% let them down. I can't help but see numerous playoff games ending in this similar fustrating manner.

Sections
Shortcuts