Another loss signed the Power PLay

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Another loss signed the Power PLay

In Response to Re: Another loss signed the Power PLay:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another loss signed the Power PLay : Drew, it is fustrating to watch. I'd like to see the puck down low with the threat, even the threat of Corvo or someone coming down. That would open it up for Chara and keep the penalty killers honest. They rley on the pointmen too much even while the pointmen are covered. How many times do we see Chara with the puck right inside the blue line having to fend off a defender? Please uitilize Seguin down low with the threat of a one timer, put Lucic in front of the net, his gearth alone creates problems for goalies. Have Krejci down low on the other side with Rolston/Corvo and Chara on the points. Like to see Rolston sneak in a few times, this will open things up.. Right now all I see is a power play designed as if Marc Savard was still out there. Problem is, he isnt. Last year, they got away with no power play, being the best team 5 on 5 and TT standing on his head, this year, it is going to bite them. Last nights game was there for the taken, power play 100% let them down. I can't help but see numerous playoff games ending in this similar fustrating manner.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Well said.  ANother thing we dont do is skate without the puck.  Skate into a defernder's peripherals.  Make him worry about what you are setting up.  Give him something else to think about. 

We just stand still and pass the puck around the blueline.  Pathetic.

Last night, it appeared that we were playing conservatively down by a goal, deep into the third, on a power play.

Also: why the F is pouliot on the ice in that circumstance?

Frustrating!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'd bring back Gary Doak at wing for Pou-Pouliot. Seriously.
    Posted by ipotnyc[/QUOTE]
    He treats the puck like a hand grenade on the PP. He's brutal. I'd prefer CJ switch he and Paille's ice-time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Why is Seidenberg even on the PP, never mind having the leading PP ice time last night? Why is Rolston not given more than 47 seconds on 6 power plays, especially since he has more experience on one than Pouliot? When is Seguin and the rest going to figure out the puck has to be on net and low to be effective, instead of attempting to break glass with shots from the circle? Off the glass and out. Poor shot selection, poor passing decisions, and NO net front presence will not get the job done.
    And how much time does Chara spend practicing hitting the defender in front of him with his shot? He's so consistent I know it must take up some practice time. And, finally, my first candidate for press box time is Ward. Give him a hot dog and a beer and let him sit and see how ineffective his pass it around and set up the point man PP is working from the same place we're seeing it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another loss signed the Power PLay : Can't agree more! TT kept this game close but one of the worst efforts this year. Sportsnet showed some telling stats since the Whitehouse visit...-9 in goal differential and under .500.
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]

I have to agree something amiss since the Whitehouse visit . The team is not clicking

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

yeah adk no dump ins, just neutral zone turnovers.

ugh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Peverley is a huge part of the powerplay too.  He's one of the best on the point.  If Rolston can be similar, we will be better.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Because Ward didn't have enough time to explain to Rolston his complex schemes on the PP.

Pine, you bring up a good point. While I was watching the game I told my brother how I don't get why the pointment on the Bruins PP can never get a shot through.  Can it be that all the teams that defend on their PP are all so good at getting in front of the point shots ?
    or is it the personnel at the point are not adapt for that position ?
    I'm thinking more along the lines of the latter.
    Corvo we all like to pick on but early in the season his shots were getting through and I was hoping they would translate into tip ins or juicy rebounds for the forwards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another loss signed the Power PLay : Drew, it is fustrating to watch. I'd like to see the puck down low with the threat, even the threat of Corvo or someone coming down. That would open it up for Chara and keep the penalty killers honest. They rley on the pointmen too much even while the pointmen are covered. How many times do we see Chara with the puck right inside the blue line having to fend off a defender? Please uitilize Seguin down low with the threat of a one timer, put Lucic in front of the net, his gearth alone creates problems for goalies. Have Krejci down low on the other side with Rolston/Corvo and Chara on the points. Like to see Rolston sneak in a few times, this will open things up.. Right now all I see is a power play designed as if Marc Savard was still out there. Problem is, he isnt. Last year, they got away with no power play, being the best team 5 on 5 and TT standing on his head, this year, it is going to bite them. Last nights game was there for the taken, power play 100% let them down. I can't help but see numerous playoff games ending in this similar fustrating manner.
    Kel if I may add my own observation to the PP especially when Chara is out there. All the teams that play the B's when they are on the PP. When Z isn't out there. Small box formation, this prevents Bergy, Seguin & Marchand to make plays down low. It keeps Bergy from getting time to make a pass to Tyler & Marchand is getting pushed out by 99% of the the d-men in the league. The B's have Ference & Sieds on the points whose shot scares nobody. Z comes out, big box formation is formed. DK, Lucic & Kelly are all net jammers. So you have the puck come back to Z. He'll get it along the boards, skate all the way over to the middle; the big box now becomes nothing nothing but a mess of bodies in the middle that only a BB could get thru. Chara dishes it off to his defence partner. He looks....Gives it back to Z. Once again Z skates to the middle everything is blocked again. Z tries to get one thru. Wide!! I love Chara & he's the B's MVP on most nights, but he's not a PP defensemen. Suter, Weber, Karlesson & Subban are PP d-men. Chara doesn't have the puck control, or speed to move the puck quickly, which is key on your PP. This is why I think PC needs to get someone else to help Chara out. The B's PP is too predictable. That's why they went 0fer in the Habs series. Montreal had the speed to disrupt any flow the B's had. You can have a guy shooting the puck 200mph. It's not getting to the net when the d doesn't have the mobilty to move to get the shot thru. Rarely does Chara score a goal from the middle of the ice on the PP anymore. Look at where he was against the Sabers. Look where he was when he scored against Philly last year in the play-offs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another loss signed the Power PLay : Kel if I may add my own observation to the PP especially when Chara is out there. All the teams that play the B's when they are on the PP. When Z isn't out there. Small box formation, this prevents Bergy, Seguin & Marchand to make plays down low. It keeps Bergy from getting time to make a pass to Tyler & Marchand is getting pushed out by 99% of the the d-men in the league. The B's have Ference & Sieds on the points whose shot scares nobody. Z comes out, big box formation is formed. DK, Lucic & Kelly are all net jammers. So you have the puck come back to Z. He'll get it along the boards, skate all the way over to the middle; the big box now becomes nothing nothing but a mess of bodies in the middle that only a BB could get thru. Chara dishes it off to his defence partner. He looks....Gives it back to Z. Once again Z skates to the middle everything is blocked again. Z tries to get one thru. Wide!! I love Chara & he's the B's MVP on most nights, but he's not a PP defensemen. Suter, Weber, Karlesson & Subban are PP d-men. Chara doesn't have the puck control, or speed to move the puck quickly, which is key on your PP. This is why I think PC needs to get someone else to help Chara out. The B's PP is too predictable. That's why they went 0fer in the Habs series. Montreal had the speed to disrupt any flow the B's had. You can have a guy shooting the puck 200mph. It's not getting to the net when the d doesn't have the mobilty to move to get the shot thru. Rarely does Chara score a goal from the middle of the ice on the PP anymore. Look at where he was against the Sabers. Look where he was when he scored against Philly last year in the play-offs.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

All good points Nite.
    This is why I won't give Ward 100% of the blame, not even 75%. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another loss signed the Power PLay : Kel if I may add my own observation to the PP especially when Chara is out there. All the teams that play the B's when they are on the PP. When Z isn't out there. Small box formation, this prevents Bergy, Seguin & Marchand to make plays down low. It keeps Bergy from getting time to make a pass to Tyler & Marchand is getting pushed out by 99% of the the d-men in the league. The B's have Ference & Sieds on the points whose shot scares nobody. Z comes out, big box formation is formed. DK, Lucic & Kelly are all net jammers. So you have the puck come back to Z. He'll get it along the boards, skate all the way over to the middle; the big box now becomes nothing nothing but a mess of bodies in the middle that only a BB could get thru. Chara dishes it off to his defence partner. He looks....Gives it back to Z. Once again Z skates to the middle everything is blocked again. Z tries to get one thru. Wide!! I love Chara & he's the B's MVP on most nights, but he's not a PP defensemen. Suter, Weber, Karlesson & Subban are PP d-men. Chara doesn't have the puck control, or speed to move the puck quickly, which is key on your PP. This is why I think PC needs to get someone else to help Chara out. The B's PP is too predictable. That's why they went 0fer in the Habs series. Montreal had the speed to disrupt any flow the B's had. You can have a guy shooting the puck 200mph. It's not getting to the net when the d doesn't have the mobilty to move to get the shot thru. Rarely does Chara score a goal from the middle of the ice on the PP anymore. Look at where he was against the Sabers. Look where he was when he scored against Philly last year in the play-offs.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Chara should not be handling the puck on the PP as much as he does. His reach hurts him here, but my main point was I keep seeing him with the puck and 3 others above the circles. We do have skill players, I'd like to see them allowed to use their skill down low..Why not try it? If anythingit will open up Chara who can come in another 10 feet. Gotta fix it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another loss signed the Power PLay : Chara should not be handling the puck on the PP as much as he does. His reach hurts him here, but my main point was I keep seeing him with the puck and 3 others above the circles. We do have skill players, I'd like to see them allowed to use their skill down low..Why not try it? If anythingit will open up Chara who can come in another 10 feet. Gotta fix it.

I like this idea especially with the way defenders seem to pressure him, nullify him, usually forcing him to quickly pass the puck along the boards to a forward hovering high near the face off circle.  The PP becomes reduced to a lot of back and forth, time-eating boundary play with not much in the way of threatening action or opportunities in the crease area.   Lately it's not often Chara even gets the time to rifle one of his shots towards the net.  Plus don't the Bruins have size in their forward ranks to go with the skill you mention to work the puck down near the net?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

you are right. Each line has a net front guy. Biggest problem is the aim of our slap shots, which can easily take out a Bruin. In addition, rather than immediately snapping off a wrist shot, on target, the defensemen all seem to wait, and then create a boomer. Constant movement, short passes, and quick shots IMO would be more effective as we noticed earlier in the year.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Problem is the B's just need more phoney Power Plays. So what if the calls are phantom, soft and chintzy like most teams seem to get when playing the big, tough whiney B's.  I know...Chara should give the boys diving lessons. I'm still laughing about that triple half gainer with 2 minutes left. Hey, i just got a novelle idea... the B's could start trying to play the game like men...if thats possible.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Of all your stupid posts, you getting a novelle idea is by far the most idiotic..And that is saying alot.. Your team lost, and much like your goaltender it still haunts you at night, my advice to you is to let it go. You have  a pretty good team there, might get back in the finals even. crying about the 2010-11 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins ( never gets old) won't help you this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Another loss signed the Power PLay:
    [QUOTE]PP is significant in the regular season. Add tonight loss due to no PP.  Other games the PP was the main reason they lost, Canucks, 1st game against the Rangers,  the Wild, Buffalo Friday night ....
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Look for the BRUINS to get bodies and pucks to the net, starting tonight.(if the devils even oblige them that is) I expect ROLSTON to be utilized in a PEVERLY-type role as well as he gets his legs back.