Another positive from the Kaberle trade......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Another positive from the Kaberle trade......

Recchi off of the point on the PP.Was there a single person here who thought that experiment was working?Kaberle is a HUGE upgrade to the transition game and I think we'll see even more from Bergeron now that he can play up front full time on the PP.If I failed to mention it earlier,I'm pumped about the upgrades PC has made.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Another positive from the Kaberle trade......

What's wrong with Tyler Seguin at the point? He is the best passer on the team, by far.

It takes stones to put him there. Claude is lacking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Another positive from the Kaberle trade......:
    [QUOTE]What's wrong with Tyler Seguin at the point? He is the best passer on the team, by far. It takes stones to put him there. Claude is lacking.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    No argument there.I would've prefered Seguin on the point before Rex.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Oh, yes. I almost forgot. This year we gave away Marco Sturm for cap issues.

When Savard comes back next year, we will have severe cap issues and we will have to give away more than one player.

Anyone think of that yet?

Yeah, great deals now, but just wait.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If Horton doesn't get his act together, there's $4M wiped off the books pretty easily.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Sturm is out for the season again....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]If Horton doesn't get his act together, there's $4M wiped off the books pretty easily.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Yes, and will have to give him away. And maybe throw in a draft choice to entice the buyer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, yes. I almost forgot. This year we gave away Marco Sturm for cap issues. When Savard comes back next year, we will have severe cap issues and we will have to give away more than one player. Anyone think of that yet? Yeah, great deals now, but just wait.
    Do you expect Recchi to return?Will Ryder expect anywhere near the same money?Are we sure Savard will ever return?Too many questions to be worrying about it now.Game's on!Cheers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another positive from the Kaberle trade...... : Yes, and will have to give him away. And maybe throw in a draft choice to entice the buyer.

Can't say I disagree with that

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

If Ryder is resigned four 4mill I will stab myself with that contraption in my avatar to show my displeasure....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You worry about the cap at the end of the season.  Savy/Ryder/Rex are all likely gone.  And who's to say the cap won't rise again.
    What did you want Wheat?  No moves? 

For now I am thrilled at the moves. 

And Seguin may be the best passer but you do not put a rookie who has shown lots of rust on the PP of a team going for it all.  Great moves. Team finally has a #2 Dman, a PP QB, 20 minute +/game.  Peverly is a spee guy as is Kelly. 

Good moves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ryder, Rex and Paille out plus the 2Mil that Shup mentioned. Caron, Sauve and TO 1st round pick in. Still have room to re-sign Kaberle nanner nanner just wait till next year....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

All I know is this team can be very interesting to watch especially when it gels. We have all the missing pieces but CJ the coach is wise enough to see PC did his job and now it is up the coaching staff to get them ready for the play-offs. Hats off to PC and hopefully i can say the same for CJ.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamminjim. Show jamminjim's posts

[QUOTE]You worry about the cap at the end of the season.  Savy/Ryder/Rex are all likely gone.  And who's to say the cap won't rise again. What did you want Wheat?  No moves?  For now I am thrilled at the moves.  And Seguin may be the best passer but you do not put a rookie who has shown lots of rust on the PP of a team going for it all.  Great moves. Team finally has a #2 Dman, a PP QB, 20 minute +/game.  Peverly is a spee guy as is Kelly.  Good moves.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I totally agree! The team has great depth now! Lets hope they all(savy|ryder|rex leave with the cup!!,,,home to show it off!! GO BRUINS!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]What's wrong with Tyler Seguin at the point? He is the best passer on the team, by far. It takes stones to put him there. Claude is lacking.

Keeping the puck in is also a required skill.

Moving properly to dictate the motion and direction of the play is also a requires skill.

Reacting at an NHL pace and making NHL decisions are also required.

Seguin can't do these things yet.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyCrockett. Show TommyCrockett's posts

I think all the moves that Peter made were fantastic...and really cost the team very little....Kaberle looked great and will only get better as the season goes on, and from what I've read, Kelly is alot like Gregory Campbell which isn't a bad thing either...and Peverly is just an offfensive bonus to unloading some salary....overall....really big improvement to the B's...we will see if it can get us deeper  in the playoffs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

To the poster who stated that Savard is coming back, he is not, he is finished, you will not see him in a Bruin uniform again. Time to move on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

The new Savard is Rich Peverley.  Get used to it. 

And Tomas Kaberle is "only" 32.  He'll be a Bruin for another 3 years.  Good move, Chairelli!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]To the poster who stated that Savard is coming back, he is not, he is finished, you will not see him in a Bruin uniform again. Time to move on.
    Posted by BRRocker[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link backing this statement or is this your opinion?  I will agree that given the cumulative nature of additional concussions, I wouldn't be shocked if he is all done.  But there is also still a chance he may come back too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wheats, I'll say this - I haven't seen many tape to tape passes from Seguin this year.  I've seen the vision and recognition to see the play and the willingness to attempt the play, but not a whole lot of crisp execution at this level.  On the other hand, the times he does find tape, puck goes to the back of the net pretty regularly.  That little drop to Marchand last night for example.

Add that to NAS's point and I think CJ has both cojos and eyes.  If I was coaching against the Bruins as saw Seguin back there, I'd pressure him like I was his pregnant girlfriend.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Book,

Great finishing line.  Love it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Another positive from the Kaberle trade......:
    [QUOTE]Recchi off of the point on the PP.Was there a single person here who thought that experiment was working?Kaberle is a HUGE upgrade to the transition game and I think we'll see even more from Bergeron now that he can play up front full time on the PP.If I failed to mention it earlier,I'm pumped about the upgrades PC has made.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Not trying to be rude, but his point has been mentioned literally 4 or 5 times in different threads.  It's the main reason why he was acquired, right?

I think the trickle down effect is also a secondary piece to the deal. This is the other effect the acquisition has.

It takes pressure off the entire D group, helps the wingers with transition and forces the oppostition to respect the play coming at them, more so than before.

People can bash Wideman all day long here for one poor defensive season, but he brought this element too, Kaberle is just going to be better with it.

Seidenberg said he is the best passer he's ever played with and that's after one game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Another positive from the Kaberle trade...... : Not trying to be rude, but his point has been mentioned literally 4 or 5 times in different threads.  It's the main reason why he was acquired, right? I think the trickle down effect is also a secondary piece to the deal. This is the other effect the acquisition has. It takes pressure off the entire D group, helps the wingers with transition and forces the oppostition to respect the play coming at them, more so than before. People can bash Wideman all day long here for one poor defensive season, but he brought this element too, Kaberle is just going to be better with it. Seidenberg said he is the best passer he's ever played with and that's after one game.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    I was one of the few who was regularly ripped on here last season because I consistently stuck up for Wideman.I knew how important the 1st pass is,and that Wideman was the best on the team at doing it.The fans here won't be happy to find out that Kaberle plays a very similar style game to Widemans'.They do all of the same things,Kaberle just does them  better.