Another positive from the Kaberle trade......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Another positive from the Kaberle trade......

In Response to Re: Another positive from the Kaberle trade......:
    [QUOTE]The new Savard is Rich Peverley.  Get used to it.  And Tomas Kaberle is "only" 32.  He'll be a Bruin for another 3 years.  Good move, Chairelli!
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]

They both came from Atlanta....anything else is a huge stretch.  In no way does Peverley replace Savard. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another positive from the Kaberle trade...... : I was one of the few who was regularly ripped on here last season because I consistently stuck up for Wideman.I knew how important the 1st pass is,and that Wideman was the best on the team at doing it.The fans here won't be happy to find out that Kaberle's plays a very similar style game to Widemans'.They do all of the same things,Kaberle just does them  better.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

You and I have something in common. I am a Wideman fan. He had a bad year. It happens.

I was bashed also.  People need someone to scapegoat and Wideman was a perfect target last year.  The Bruins are good at scapegoating players out of town. It's what they've done for 30 years after they tell you how great the player is after scapegoating someone else out of town to replace that previous scapegoat.

Anyway, back to Wideman:

Skating, puck moving and someone other than Chara to help at the point on the PP is something you have to have.  

No one would claim he is a good defensive defenseman, but not everyone has the same skill set. Ever legit team needs a puck moving D Man. You live with the less than great defensive play.  I acknolwedge his play was poor defensively last year, but he's clearly not as bad as that was either.

I think Wideman tried to do more than he was capable of and it got him into trouble.   That's what I think. I think his 2008/2009 season is more who he is as a player than what we saw last year.

He was the MVP of the Flyers series.  Oh well.

I just hope Horton is worth it. Now that Kaberle is here, the loss of what Wideman brought to the table is not as prevalent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kaberle is much smoother than I had imagined. Also, Zero bobbles on the point; also moving to center ice gives Chara more opportunity to join the PP down low. Once again, PC has improved the team without giving away the store.Read KPD comments, Right on. The remaining challenges are Claude, REX, and Thornton.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Also, take note that Boychuck was sitting and there were not any zingers around the boards to the other team, except for thornton's baloon and the fact that Thornton did NOT win any one on one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another positive from the Kaberle trade...... : You and I have something in common. I am a Wideman fan. He had a bad year. It happens. Skating, puck moving and someone other than Chara to help at the point on the PP is something you have to have. No one would claim he is a good defensive defenseman, but not everyone has the same skill set. Ever legit team needs a puck moving D Man. You live with the less than great defensive play.  I acknolwedge his play was poor defensively last year, but he's clearly not as bad as that was either. I think Wideman tried to do more than he was capable of and it got him into trouble.   That's what I think. I think his 2008/2009 season is more who he is as a player than what we saw last year. He was the MVP of the Flyers series.  Oh well. I just hope Horton is worth it. Now that Kaberle is here, the loss of what Wideman brought to the table is not as prevalent.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    I'm finding I'm in the same situation with Horton.I feel he's working hard and doing things that don't show up on the scoesheet to to help his line excel.Fans want him to turn his game around.I hope 8 points in the last 6 games is a sign of what's to come for the rest of the year and playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, yes. I almost forgot. This year we gave away Marco Sturm for cap issues. When Savard comes back next year, we will have severe cap issues and we will have to give away more than one player. Anyone think of that yet? Yeah, great deals now, but just wait.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    If Kaberle signs for roughly $4M (probably 4.5 a slight increase)  he's basically accounted for.  Not re-signing Ryder is a forgone conclusion (that's $4M) accounts for Savard's $4M cap hit.  That's a wash.  Not re-signing Recchi would allow you to sign Marchand to a raise.  That would then allow you to have Paille and either Caron or Hamill as your #12/13 forwards.  They'll be all set.  This is all hedging on Kaberle signing for 4 years at roughly 4.5M per.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Wait and see my friends. The PP will gel. How many times this season has Chara been able to wind up for a one-timer with teams focusing on him. He got to do it more times last night than he has all year.
    With teams having to worry about Kaberle and Chara you watch Krejci,Lucic,Horton and Bergerons PP points all go up significantly by the end of the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Chiarelli said in an interview yesterday that he spoke with Kaberle's agent, whom he has a good relationship with (from Bobby Orr Management), and doesn't think there will be any problem re-signing him.

I'm sure he knew this going in which is why he was willing to give up what he did.  Of course, nothing is set in stone but it seems like that has been the plan behind the scenes all along - on both sides.

Should be an interesting road trip against some tough WC teams and it's going to be a fun ride up to and through the playoffs...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]If Ryder is resigned four 4mill I will stab myself with that contraption in my avatar to show my displeasure....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

I'll be way way disgruntled if they sign him at all.

If they sign him for the money he's getting now...

Let's talk suicide pact. 

How about we set ourselves on fire in front of the Bobby Orr statue?

If 15 or 20 of us show up with gas cans, and if the Red Sox aren't in spring training, playing or in hot stove discussions - who knows?  Maybe the local media might even notice that.

Oh well, that's not fair I guess.  It's a huge event worth covering that someone showed up in Florida and unpacked a bag.

The Bruins merely had a reasonably big roster change, I guess that's really not worth covering.

Hey, did anyone see the competition where they tried to hit a golf ball nearest to second base??  That should be on 24x7.

I hate those out of towners that are ruining this state.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-83. Show nitemare-83's posts

In Response to Another positive from the Kaberle trade......:
    [QUOTE]Recchi off of the point on the PP.Was there a single person here who thought that experiment was working?Kaberle is a HUGE upgrade to the transition game and I think we'll see even more from Bergeron now that he can play up front full time on the PP.If I failed to mention it earlier,I'm pumped about the upgrades PC has made.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Interesting

Sections
Shortcuts