Another reason to root for the Devils.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Another reason to root for the Devils.

After every Rangers loss, Tortarella will throw a tantrum.

Go Devils - get to the SCF to be swept away by the Kings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Another reason to root for the Devils.

It's so true.  I think this Ranger team is very likeable.  But I'm just so tired of Tortorella's drama and crybaby tantrums.  I don't think I can stand watching him win anymore and be rewarded for being such whiner.  Go Devils.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I think Tort's act is getting old, for everyone.  You're right, Fletch, there are a lot of 'lunch bucket' guys on the Rangers, and you'd like for some good things to happen for them, but when you see sourpuss and his one-word grunts at his post-game presser, you wonder what's going through that head of his.

Frankly, he thinks way too much of himself, and enjoys bullying the press corps.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Another reason to root for the Devils.:
    I think Tort's act is getting old, for everyone.  You're right, Fletch, there are a lot of 'lunch bucket' guys on the Rangers, and you'd like for some good things to happen for them, but when you see sourpuss and his one-word grunts at his post-game presser, you wonder what's going through that head of his. Frankly, he thinks way too much of himself, and enjoys bullying the press corps.
    Posted by 49-North

Absolutely.  I don't know how the regular NY hockey writers put up with this.  I understand why some coaches are short with the press during the playoffs, but he doesn't come off as 'Mr. Nonsense' to me, he comes off as pouting sore loser.  You would think that members of the press would just purposefully needle him at this point, and then sit back watch the shitshow.  He's a baby.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Maybe the reporters could give him a taste of his own medicine.
    Not ask any questions, but make statements and when Torts attempts to reply ... cut him off with the "wasn't a question" remark

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

We talked about this before, he's a sore loser. It's now to the point where it's after every loss he is like this. I have a three year old who does this everytime he wakes up from a nap. Like him, I can set my watch to a tantrum thrwon by the coach after every loss. Not only does he look lik a sore loser what he's doing to the press is very disprespectful.  Like i said before, I dont expect coaches to be happy after a loss, especially in the playoffs, but he needs to be more proffesional, part of his job is answering questions after a game, win or lose, and he knew that when he took the job.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

he's the very definition of "sourpuss"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Doesn't the league have a Code of Conduct for its coaches and GMs?  You'd think that a positive perception by the media would be one of the priorities of the league's PR department.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

A fine representative from Mass

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Felger( CSNEEEEEEEE?) a few weeks ago was doing a comparison between Trots and Dale Hunter.  Yup "barker vs. let us talk about this later".  For a professional, "talk about this later" works, and an occasional "nutty" brings flare and fire to a team when necessary... but the coach who asks for everything including blocking shots without courtesy is in for disaster.  The comment about the Rangers being a nice mix of players is spot on.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

In Response to Re: Another reason to root for the Devils. : Absolutely.  I don't know how the regular NY hockey writers put up with this.  I understand why some coaches are short with the press during the playoffs, but he doesn't come off as 'Mr. Nonsense' to me, he comes off as pouting sore loser.  You would think that members of the press would just purposefully needle him at this point, and then sit back watch the shitshow.  He's a baby.
    Posted by Fletcher1

As someone who had the good fortune to cover the Buffalo Sabres for a season a long time ago (back in the days of Mr. Charm-the-Media himself, Scotty Bowman), I can say that based on the video, reporters are way too deferential to Tortorella. Look at how much time goes by between questions. And too many of the questions can be answered either "yes" or "no," as evidenced by how Tortorella handles them. In fact, throughout the playoffs I've seen video of reporters making statements—not asking questions—and expecting Tortorella to respond to them. As if.

Fletch, you're absolutely right: The press isn't going to get anything worth reporting from Tortorella, so what's there to lose if they challenge him or scoff at him or simply tell him to go back into "the room" because he's wasting their fogging time?

I'm surprised the league hasn't had a word with him, because with all the boarding and headhunting and cheapshotting, the NHL has enough of an image problem without the coach of a New York City team acting like somebody put Krazy Glue in his Preparation H.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Does he behave in this manner to deflect the attention from his team to himself after loses?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I want the Rangers to win.  The Devils are there partly due to Kovalchuk, and his contract is pure bunk.

They have talent that they shouldn't have due to extra cap room from cap circumvention.

Go Rangers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I want the Rangers to lose for the sole reason that they play hockey which centers around huddling in front of the goalie to block shots. They've done it all year long and I'd prefer games that feature scoring chances not replays of players taking pucks to the azz, foot , leg , back............

I'm concerned that if they win the Cup there will be copycat coaches who implore this style for their own team. 

More exciting brand of hockey played by the Devils.

Go Devils !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I want the Rangers to win.  The Devils are there partly due to Kovalchuk, and his contract is pure bunk. They have talent that they shouldn't have due to extra cap room from cap circumvention. Go Rangers. Posted by Not-A-Shot

Some hockey fans who aren't part of Black n Gold nation more than likely say that about the Chara and Savard contracts. Go Devils and that jerk who signed that big phat contract forced upon him.

Hope you can find some Yankee, Giants, Knicks and Rags apparel at Filene's Basement.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Dez will win the POOL without any competition if Devils win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Doesn't the league have a Code of Conductfor its coaches and GMs?  You'd think that a positive perception by the media would be one of the priorities of the league's PR department.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE

When he did speak out he got fined twice this season. 
    Personally I feel it is getting old this act .  On the other hand he's deflecting and taking all the heat away from the players. 

I don't need any other reasons , I never liked the Rags, I've been rooting against them since the playoffs started. Matter fact , I've always been rooting against them after they lost to the Habs in the final.

Sections
Shortcuts