Another Violin Solo From Vancouver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Another Violin Solo From Vancouver

One of the funniest I have seen...let's see some comments folks...

http://www.fightingforstanley.ca/vancouver/some-facts-about-the-bruins-the-canucks-and-head-shotsdirty-play/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Re: Another Violin Solo From Vancouver

About the author: Leigh Ramsden View all posts by Leigh Ramsden
    Leigh Ramsden lives in Vancouver and is an avid Canucks fan. He's been a partial season ticket holder for 10 years, and is old enough to have cried after all three Stanley Cup losses. His dream is to see the Canucks bring the Cup to the west coast. Leigh is Fighting For Stanley's west coast correspondent.

NEED WE SAY MORE????  "He is old enough to cried after all 3 Stanley Cup loses"....and he's still crying!!!  Boo Hoo Hoo.  I read the article and nearly threw up!!  Pure home-style propaganda...but at least we live in a country where the government allows free speech.  He is entitled to his opinion however bias it may be!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

What video is he seeing that shows Lucic making contact with Miller's head?  None, from any angle that I've seen, shows anything other than a good 5-6" of seperation.

Edit: he also apparently doesn't know that Burke's compensation only depended on the Bruins making the Finals, not winning them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Another Violin Solo From Vancouver:

What video is he seeing that shows Lucic making contact with Miller's head?  None, from any angle that I've seen, shows anything other than a good 5-6" of seperation. Edit: he also apparently doesn't know that Burke's compensation only depended on the Bruins making the Finals, not winning them.
    Posted by DrCC

Yeah, I love the part about Lucic hitting Miller in the head, but Rome not hitting Horton in the head.  Fascinating.

He mentioned that Toronto's pick was affected by the Bruins too, but...Boston winning made Toronto's pick worse, right?  So Burke would not be pulling for Boston...

Leave comments on the blog -- you don't need to enter any real info in the fields.  Blow the Comments section up!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What an absolute travesty to the reporting/media world.  Take away his computer. Is he working for our "Stanley" ? Can't be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I typed in a whole comment that was like a novel and it got deleted. Forget him. He's outrageously naive and ignorant.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

We won, they lost, so na, na, na naaaa na.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Good Stuff fletch,

This was the most laughable comment in the whole thing, "I think the 8 goal games were actually closer than they appeared… for awhile anyway."

just brutal...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

Commencing to troll....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRJ7. Show BRJ7's posts

In Response to Another Violin Solo From Vancouver:
    One of the funniest I have seen...let's see some comments folks... http://www.fightingforstanley.ca/vancouver/some-facts-about-the-bruins-the-canucks-and-head-shotsdirty-play/
    Posted by Fletcher1

WOW! That has to be the worse write ups I’ve ever read, so much false/inaccurate information. I hope he doesn't quit his day job and if that is his day job then I kind of feel sorry for the guy. This guy clearly didn’t watch any replays of the Rome/Horton hit. Also, he just had to google the Kaberle trade to get the correct details of the trade.  This guy must have been so screwed up after the cup lost that he’s made himself believe that everything he has written to be true in his own mind.   Thanks for the post

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Clearly the wound from losing the Cup to the Bruins has not healed for this guy.  Naturally there is no mention of the Louganis-like aspect of the Canucks.  Nice post, fletch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaha!!!! That has to be one of the most hilarious articles i have ever read. Would make a great Saturday night live sketch. Wow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

That was a sweet read.

I wasn't aware Vancouver was really the better team in that series. The blowouts were closer than they appeared I guess, The B's only outscored them by a few hundred goals in that series. Too bad The Bruin's Stanley Cup is tainted by poor officiating and an edict from the NHL front office. I'm ashamed that I thought the Bruins actually beat them on the ice. I had no idea Bettman was on the grassy knoll.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Thanks Fletch...great chuckle!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

On the one hand, I totally want to troll.  I've never done it, but this looks like the perfect opportunity to get my feet wet.

On the other hand, it's just...sad.  Typical.  It speaks to the distinction between blogs like the "unofficial blog of the NHL" and a site that actually attempts - however spuriously - to uphold some journalistic merit.  Only a Canuck FAN could see the series in the way this guy has described it.  Only a Canuck (athletic) supporter could miss the mark this badly.  My favorite part is a) Chara did X; b) the NHL changed the rules; c) Rome did X which was called the same kind of penalty during the game, and got suspended.  "The NHL applied different rules to the two incidents!!!!!!!"  What a maroon.  By his own description, the NHL adopted a new rule which accounted for the different rulings.  I don't doubt that Chara would have got two games if it happened post-rule 48.

Now, by no means do I think Chara "drove Pac's head into the stanchion" - that's pure embellishment...but he's a Canuck fan, so embellishment is no surprise.  And his version of the Rome hit?  I hadn't looked at it in a while, but watching it again, it's even later and dirtier than I remember.  Horton passes just over the red line, coasts for a second, then accelerates for two strides of his own before Rome initiates contact.  It is an unconscionably late hit - borderline cheap shot in the sense that Horton is far and away past the point of expecting to get hit. The story isn't what kind of player Rome is, it's what he did.  And he hit Horton incredibly late in hockey terms. The element of interpretation on the Chara play comes in because there's no way to say that Chara aimed Pac's head into the stanchion - that he deliberately used a feature of rink design as a weapon on Maxi. It's a stupid assertion to begin with and to compare it to the obvious intent of Rome scuttling across to hit Horton crazy late shows a complete lack of brain cells.

Total F'n maroon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Fletch open the link but I didn't even bother reading what that guy had to say but I read the comments. Pathetic whining.  You just can't reason with guys like that. 
    You can show them a red apple and he'll say it's yellow.
    His whole premise is the Bruins were dirty and only because Bettman backed the Bruins is the reason they won the cup ??? come on !!  Did they forget what game they were playing ? 
    About being dirty you can ask any Chicago BlackHawk fan and they can tell you how dirty Vancouver was.  I watched all their series the past few years and they were both dirty. 
    Why even bring up the Chara - Pacioretty incident ?  Almost all the hockey people from TSN-CBC said the reason due to the severity of the injury was because of the stanchion , not Chara's rubbing off.  This is the same as an illegal hit from Rome ? the again what difference did it make in the series ?
    They guy even defends Burrow biting ??? What else was he to do with glove in his face ? How old is this guy? 6 years old ? 
    There are countless face washes and gloves in the faces of players every game every night and very rarely do we see someone biting . I can count on one hand in the last 5 years might of happened 3-4 times.
    It's not the norm to bite ,  you shove his hand , arm aside but don't bite !
    Well this Leigh guy defends Burrows" what else was he to do " DUH !
    HECK 49north is much more objective well except if he still feels the Rome hit was legal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Legion, the more subtle point Canucks fans will NEVER get is that they made refs look stupid for three rounds by diving, embellishing and basically trying to get to the pp any way they could.  Then in round four, the'y cry wolf and the refs don't believe that there's an actual infraction. 

It's like saying to the same guy at work every day: Do you have two twenties for a ten?  And he gives them to you for three weeks then suddenly realizes, hey f--ker, you owe me $220 bucks!.

Who's in the wrong there?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

HEYYYY I thought THIS POST was about hope solo, whats a violin solo?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

This article is a joke. 

Leigh good teams overcome obstacles (things that don't go their way).  Boston for instance overcame losing one of their best players in Marc Savard.  Your team lost because they had no b@lls!!  Boston's ability to play on the edge with skill and grit won them the Cup.  All Cup winners have this.  Even teams like the Red Wings who are not known for being a super tough team were gritty in the trenches.  They do things like going hard to the net.  Vancouver chose to whine and dive instead of accepting that in order to win they were going to have to go to the tough places on the ice and endure the punishment that went with it.  Again no b@lls!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Maybe this is a good start for these boards. I would like to see more organized assaults on other teams biased blogs/boards. Fletch, you conducted yourself admirably.

well done.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

And his version of the Rome hit?  I hadn't looked at it in a while, but watching it again, it's even later and dirtier than I remember.  Horton passes just over the red line, coasts for a second, then accelerates for two strides of his own before Rome initiates contact.  It is an unconscionably late hit - borderline cheap shot in the sense that Horton is far and away past the point of expecting to get hit. The story isn't what kind of player Rome is, it's what he did.  And he hit Horton incredibly late in hockey terms.
    Posted by Bookboy007

If you watch the Stanley Cup DVD, after the hit the ref is talking to Thing 1 (or was it Thing 2?) and he says, "The hit was late.....really late.  I gotta give him 5 and the game."  You can even see/hear Thing 1 agreeing with him (kind of).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

" until the league is willing to hold its teams accountable for their actions on the ice, certain teams will take advantage of the situation."

Isn't that the truth.  One of the worst diving teams in the league, not to mention the finger biting and taunting.

He went after JJ too, which I didn't mind that much. :P

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

The biggest reach ever was when he was trying to form a conspiracy with Burke....it was an epic fail in so many ways:
    1. They probably consulted more people than just Burke if they reached out to multiple GM's, and you'd be hard pressed to think that Burke would want the Bruins to win (disregarding a draft pick).
    2. Even if Burke was one of the few he reached out to, and carried the most clout, he wouldn't have suspended Rome for a better draft pick. Why? Because the Bruins draft pick would have been 29th had the Bruins lost, and 30th if they won. This guy is a complete and utter fool in that regard; absolutely reaching for any reason, and this one was probably the biggest fail.
    3. Mommy didn't hug him enough.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I laughed out load when he said in the comments that the 8 goal games were close........ HAHAHA he is exactly the reason I hate the Vancouver media. Its like a spoiled rich kid who got punched in the arm and had his lolipop stollen by a bully. But then instead of trying to fight for it back went and cried to every adult insight.

The author:

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Maybe this is a good start for these boards. I would like to see more organized assaults on other teams biased blogs/boards. Fletch, you conducted yourself admirably. well done.
    Posted by Olsonic

Don't worry we have our secret weapon out west, Red75,  she'll infiltrate their mechanisms.

Sections
Shortcuts