Another winning goal by Blake Wheeler : Question :

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Another winning goal by Blake Wheeler : Question :

Im not gonna vote because simply put wheeler found a home playing in a total different system than in Boston, im actually happy to see him play to his potential. Im really rooting for the Jets to make the playoffs, there my 2nd team now, there exciting to watch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

What if they`d meet Bruins.Good part would
    be one of our favorites would advance

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Another winning goal by Blake Wheeler...

....... SO WHAT ???????

Wheeler had the potential to play on 1st or 2nd line... but he never proved it with B's.

In return we had a solid 3rd line center (Pev) who had an immediate impact on the team and totally changed (improved) the depth of the B's

Good for Wheely if things are doing well for him in Manitoba, but he had to go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Another winning goal by Blake Wheeler : Question ::
    In Response to Re: Another winning goal by Blake Wheeler : Question : : Thanks Win-Jets ...Every time I see Wheeler play I cry...I knew exactly what he could bring to a team and I really believe we have'nt seen the best of him yet..and by the way NO I am not a Jets fan I will always be a BRUINS fan ...I cut my finger last night and I was bleeding black and gold....See you at the game Saturday March 10th I will be at the Bobby Orr's at 12:00 noon with my Patrice Bergeron's jersey ...GO BRUINS GO Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

I understand that you have a man crush on Wheeler & I'm happy for him that he has turned it around, but where was this new found speed & effort at both ends of the ice when he was with the Bruins ?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

The Blake is now  using the Bure pump but a little less extension on the follow through.The fans seem to like it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I can't find wheeler in this picture... can you?
    Posted by Olsonic

Exactly and Peverly had some big goals in the play-off run.   Wheeler may become a consistent player over the next year or two but he certainly wasn't that player in Boston other than perhaps his first year when there were no expectations.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Ironically, I came here today to make a post about Wheeler, and here this is right on top. While it's easy to say "he is so talented, we should never let him go", it needs to be pointed out that Winnipeg and Boston are completely different systems with completely different builds. Boston is a huge team, with players expected to use thier large sizes to play a tough physical game. A strategy that won them a Stanley Cup. Unfortunately, not everyone who happens to have a large frame has the mental fortitude, desire, or ability to play that style of hockey. Some of these players are naturally better finishers in systems that are based more on speed and agility. Blake Wheeler happens to be one of these types of players. If he was still on the Bruins, he would still be the same type of player he was when he was here... Thinking too much and going off-sides, being nervous about the hits he was about to receive or expected to give. Now he is more in his own element as far as playing style. It's a system that probably won't win him a cup, but it will give him lots of points and make him rather successful. And personally, I couldn't be happier for him. It's good to see him doing well.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Every system can win a cup.Just have enough good
    players @ have them do thier job.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Always assumed with fan bases that want to categorize every trade as one team getting fleeced.

Some moves are intentially made to support a cup run and short-term in nature.
    While some teams look for the long-term benefit at the expense of giving up the best player in a deal.

In this case, it was a good move for Boston as Peverley directly contributed to the Cup run.

It's also a good move for Winnipeg.  They get a top-6 forward (Wheeler was no longer top 6 on the Bruins) and a solid d-man in Stuart (again Boston had depth).

Let it go, everyone should be happy with that deal.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Also, with your Nash to Montreal guarantee I lost my house Stanley. I know you ignored the post because it was you making a fool of yourself ( like this one) but hey, you guaranteed it with inside sources, I took you at your word and it turned out there were no inside sources and you dont know a thing about how a hockey team works. You just threw the word guaranteed out there like it was worthless, you knew at the time that you were full of cr*p. You were correct exactly once, when the Bruins won last year. Thats once in about 5000 predictions. You arent Nostradamus. You arent even Nostradamus brother Eddie.
    Posted by mikzor

I do have my source ..in the bldg where I live ..there is Pascal Leclair (ex NHL'er), Thomas Kaberle, Andre Kostitsyn (still) Blundell , Rene Bourque and Rusell Martin , also these days Chris Letang (his girlfriend lives here) ...and I get to see Kirk Mueller occasionnally ...Mtl and the Leafs will go after Nash in the off season ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks terrible right now)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

The last team I would want the Bruins to play in the 1st round is Winnipeg...but if ever it happens ...I will be opened to accept your appolod. after you will see Big Whhel in action

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Two thoughts:

1. What would you have given up for Peverly? You realize that players have to go the other way, right?

2. Ryder has 28g | Wheeler has 15g. By your theory, we're talking about the wrong guy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklinFlyers14. Show FranklinFlyers14's posts

I am really happy to see Wheeler having success with the Jets. 

I always liked him (even though I may have complained about him during games when he wasn't making good shots haha).

He just couldn't/didn't have this success with the Bruins.  If he were still on the Bruins he might still be putting up the numbers that frustrated fans.

At the end of the day, the trade was great for both teams.  I think we should be focusing on how Wheeler is getting a better chance to shine with the Jets.

Good luck to Blake Wheeler.  I hope he has a long successful career.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

15 goals and 54 points in 65 games is hardly superstar play. Good, yes, but nothing ridiculous. I liked Wheeler and still do. The problem is he was only good when playing with good players and even then he was inconsistent. Right now in Winnipeg he's got a great situation playing with guys like Little or Kane and getting top minutes. Peverley is a superior player. He makes things happen even when playing on the third line. He is intense and focused. Even in a lesser role than what Wheeler enjoys, he has played at a pace for 60+ points if not for injury. His ability to make the third line buzz was a huge part of the cup run and was a huge part of the long stretch of success the Bruins enjoyed. They miss him dearly right now. Wheeler doesn't have the ability to make things happen on his own in that way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Bruins traded a 5th round pick to get Adam McQuaid.  That pick became Jamie Benn.  Does that make it a bad trade for the Bruins?
    Posted by Bookboy007

Bruins traded the pick to Columbus for McQuaid. Did they in turn flip it to Dallas?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Wheeler and Stuart are having solid seasons this year because of Claude Noel vs. Claude Julien. Noel does not use the same overall team defense strategy of Julien. He concentrates on having responsible blueliners that can stick at home, and instructs them to block everything they can and hit anything that moves. That fits Stuart to an absolute T, and as such he's fourth in the league in blocked shots, and 20th in hits. Converesly, the forwards are not used in the same shutdown manner as Julien employs them, they're given more free reign with one caveat - they MUST play the body. Wheeler's bought into this, and has shown far more grit this year than he ever did with the Bruins.

Also, because of the style Noel uses, Peverley would not be as good a fit with the Jets as he is with the Bruins. Julien takes full advantage of Pevs' versatility in a way that Noel wouldn't. It's a good trade for both teams, but Wheeler's no superstar. He's got solid linemates on a team with next to no forward depth so he has been handed more offensive responsibility, and for the most part he's stepped up to the challenge.

But anyone who doesn't think that Wheeler's numbers this year, and the fact the Jets are sitting in a playoff spot righ now, isn't largely due to Noel, is fooling themselves. If he can rally that team up to a division title, he deserves the Jack Adams.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I will admit, Wheeler has looked good in some games this year, last night against the Sabres he was an absolute force, problem is, then he disapears for several games and thats his problem..He just is too inconsistent, almost fustrating, cause you know it's there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I also think, the fact the city of Winnipeg has embraced him in a way the city of Boston never did, (they abslutely love him there, to the point where he's more popular than Kane) has helped Wheeler with his confidence, so the streakiness which Kel refers to, and which drives me batty, is not quite as prevalent this year (though it's still there, just not as bad)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, you could always see the talent with Wheeler, but Boston's a hard place for people with fragile confidence to ever get it going.  I'm glad he's doing well.  But, you can't make the Stanley Cup omelette without breaking some eggs.  Wheeler brought in Peverly, and Peverly was a key cog in the Cup.  No true Bruins fan questions the loss of a then 3rd liner in exchange for the Cup.  

If you like a player on the Jets better than the Stanley Cup victory we had last year, then you're a Jets fan.  

Sections
Shortcuts