Another winning goal by Blake Wheeler : Question :

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Another winning goal by Blake Wheeler : Question :

In Response to Re: Another winning goal by Blake Wheeler : Question ::
    [QUOTE]What if they`d meet Bruins.Good part would be one of our favorites would advance
    Posted by Win-Jets[/QUOTE]

Bad news is I wouldn't live to see it - I'd be dead from a stroke by the end of the series.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Our heartbeat @ blood preasure would be high that's for sure.
    If jets make it half of Winnipeg would go half nuts.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another winning goal by Blake Wheeler : Question : : Bruins traded the pick to Columbus for McQuaid. Did they in turn flip it to Dallas?
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes they did.  Jackets had 3 2007 5th rounders.  They dealt all three to the Stars for their 4th and picked Maksim Mayorov.  The Stars got Benn and Austin Smith (currently playing lights out at Colgate) plus a bum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]Wheeler and Stuart are having solid seasons this year because of Claude Noel vs. Claude Julien. Noel does not use the same overall team defense strategy of Julien. He concentrates on having responsible blueliners that can stick at home, and instructs them to block everything they can and hit anything that moves. That fits Stuart to an absolute T, and as such he's fourth in the league in blocked shots, and 20th in hits. Converesly, the forwards are not used in the same shutdown manner as Julien employs them, they're given more free reign with one caveat - they MUST play the body. Wheeler's bought into this, and has shown far more grit this year than he ever did with the Bruins. Also, because of the style Noel uses, Peverley would not be as good a fit with the Jets as he is with the Bruins. Julien takes full advantage of Pevs' versatility in a way that Noel wouldn't. It's a good trade for both teams, but Wheeler's no superstar. He's got solid linemates on a team with next to no forward depth so he has been handed more offensive responsibility, and for the most part he's stepped up to the challenge. But anyone who doesn't think that Wheeler's numbers this year, and the fact the Jets are sitting in a playoff spot righ now, isn't largely due to Noel, is fooling themselves. If he can rally that team up to a division title, he deserves the Jack Adams.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Wow Red ...that is an impressive post...Respect - Nice job

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Stuart had a pile of blocked shots and hits in Boston, too, his weakness was and still is puck movement and mobility. Good player though.  I actually find Noel is one of the most Julien-like coaches in the league. He's a big part of their success.  For that reason I don't want Boston to play the Jets in the first round. That and the fans in Winnipeg are insane and make it a hard place to play. Boston would probably win but be badly beat up by the end.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I'm just happy to see Wheeler not in a Bruins jersey. When he was here it was just plain pitiful.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]I'm just happy to see Wheeler not in a Bruins jersey. When he was here it was just plain pitiful.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]
    Some players need a change to see the light, hopefully Wheeler has, as he wouldn't have achieved it in Boston. No hard feelings , good to see him have some success elsewhere.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Stanley see Reds post of top players.How come no Wheeler on
    there.Red nice post analysing jets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Stuart had a pile of blocked shots and hits in Boston, too, his weakness was and still is puck movement and mobility. Good player though.  I actually find Noel is one of the most Julien-like coaches in the league. He's a big part of their success.  For that reason I don't want Boston to play the Jets in the first round. That and the fans in Winnipeg are insane and make it a hard place to play. Boston would probably win but be badly beat up by the end.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Still not his strength, but he's frequently paired with Byfuglien (Noel does seem to shift his pairings around a lot, based on opposition scouting) so puck movement is  left to Buff, and stuart's back holding the fort - same thing if he's matched up with Enstrom, Hainsey, or Bogo. Seems to work in terms of using Stuart's strengths and mitigating his weaknesses.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Another winning goal by Blake Wheeler : Question ::
    [QUOTE]Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 doesnt look good) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 doesnt look good) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 doesnt look good) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 doesnt look good) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 doesnt look good) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 doesnt look good)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
    Most folks would be too embarrassed to act like you do. Good for you (I guess).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Great win Bruins. You did Jets a big Favour. Thanks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

At the beginning of the year, which of the Bruins top 6 players would you replace Wheeler with to give him the minutes to get 15 goals?  Bergeron?, Lucic?, Horton?, Seguin?, Krejci?, or Marchand?   Answer:  None of them.  And by the way, Chris Kelly has more goals than first liner, power play man, Blake Wheeler.  I hope that gives you some more perspective. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE] At the beginning of the year, which of the Bruins top 6 players would you replace Wheeler with to give him the minutes to get 15 goals?  Bergeron?, Lucic?, Horton?, Seguin?, Krejci?, or Marchand?   Answer:  None of them.  And by the way, Chris Kelly has more goals than first liner, power play man, Blake Wheeler.  I hope that gives you some more perspective. 
    Posted by lucdufour[/QUOTE]

My answer to your question is not a top 6 player. It's Benoit Pouliot, another one of Stanley's man-crushes.