Anthony Stewart on waivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Anthony Stewart on waivers

big kid, not great numbers but  as a depth move i'd love if they scooped him up.  He's free and cheap salary.  40 pts with the thrashers last year to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Anthony Stewart on waivers

I'm not sure Nathan Horton would be happy about him coming to Boston.  I always thought he was a pretty decent player, but if he's not good enough for the worst team in the conference, he's not good enough for the Bruins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

As someone to push Paille, Thornton and Caron, I'm fine with it, but not at a 1.8 million cap hit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Not a bad player in the past, but must have run afoul of Boucher to be on the waiver wire. Bucks are ok as he could be a replacement for Thornton [ constant energy, no skill] or Pouliot[ inconsistent]. Both Paille and Caron should continue as they both played well in Washington. Finally getting to see why Caron should have been here all year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't think he's very good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I'd definitely take a chance on him, especially with all the cap space available right now. He fits the Bruin mold and has potential to surprise to the upside.

NAS, what was the Horton reference about?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joemizz11. Show joemizz11's posts

I'd rather see them spend that cap money on a defenceman. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Anthony Stewart on waivers:
    [QUOTE]I'd definitely take a chance on him, especially with all the cap space available right now. He fits the Bruin mold and has potential to surprise to the upside. NAS, what was the Horton reference about?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

They once fought and Stewart handed him a beating .

I always liked Stewart , just don't think there's space for him in Boston. Unless they don't sign Thornton .
    Stewart cannot replace a Paille's penalty kill minutes .
    Not sure how much he makes but I'm certain as a re-entry a team will pick him up. Unless someone does before noon today.
    I could see the Habs getting 1st pick at the guy , they're missing toughness and Moen looks like he's on his way out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Like Hamill he cleared waivers here and not surprised. Teams like to pick up on re-entry waivers. 
    I bet if and when Stewart gets recalled a team will claim him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

BsLegion, you're right about Stewart and MTL being a good match. That would have been a good move for sure. From the B's perspective, I think he'd push Pouliot and you could throw him in the lineup if you want grit over skill. At 1.8 million, he's a bit overpaid, but we have the cap space and even if he doesn't work out, Providence could use the help.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I believe Stewart broke Horton's orbital bone in junior during his draft year and put him on the IR.

The Stewart brothers are bums.  They have talent but they bounce around from team to team, underachieve everywhere, and are said to be unpopular with teammates.  The fact that he is on waivers with a bad team to begin with underscores this.  And at $1.8 million?  No thanks.

Sections
Shortcuts