Antoine Vermette

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Antoine Vermette

I always liked his gm and thought he would be a nice pk up for the B's. Not sure what it would take to get him but I think he would fit in seamlessly on Boston. His cap hit is 3.7 for the next 3 yrs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Antoine Vermette

I was curious what other people thought of him, sorry forgot to add that in on the original post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

I dunno. He has seriously underachived so far. But he's not paid like it!! Too much jack for a guy who goes unnoticed most of the time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I kind of agree with savy.  I always liked Vermette and thought he had a really good game, but he's really failed to develop.  I thought he would be really good, like a point-per-game guy.  He has all the tools.  But season after season he seems to underachieve and look more and more average.  He might be a good pickup because he's talented, can win faceoffs, and can play both center and wing.  But he also might be limited by his drive and effort level, which is the last thing we want in the playoffs.

I could go either way on this one...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Columbus just made a 5 year commitment to the guy last year, so unless you think they want to bail on that deal (could be), he won't be an easy get.  Probably a roster player, which is a non-starter, or a guy who has the potential to be a top six forward, which the BJs really need.  They are #30 with an anchor in the standings, #27 on goals for, and #29 in 5on5 goal differential - meaning they don't score much and they give up a tonne of goals, and to top it off, they get timely goals and saves even less often.

I thought about Vermette when responding to BadHab's no-name thread, but the new deal didn't seem like a fit.  On the other hand, he's a guy who played for Jacques Martin for years, so he knows how to play a system.  He's a speed player who can win faceoffs, so he's a bit like Kelly and Peverley there. He might not be a bad fit on the third line with those two - better than Pouliot - but that deal and the four three additional years make him a high risk minimal reward player. He isn't the answer to a prolonged Horton absence eitherr.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Perhaps a change of scenery where he plays won a better line. I would like him more if his cap number were more reflective of what he's done so far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Antoine Vermette:
    [QUOTE]Columbus just made a 5 year commitment to the guy last year, so unless you think they want to bail on that deal (could be), he won't be an easy get.  Probably a roster player, which is a non-starter, or a guy who has the potential to be a top six forward, which the BJs really need.  They are #30 with an anchor in the standings, #27 on goals for, and #29 in 5on5 goal differential - meaning they don't score much and they give up a tonne of goals, and to top it off, they get timely goals and saves even less often. I thought about Vermette when responding to BadHab's no-name thread, but the new deal didn't seem like a fit.  On the other hand, he's a guy who played for Jacques Martin for years, so he knows how to play a system.  He's a speed player who can win faceoffs, so he's a bit like Kelly and Peverley there. He might not be a bad fit on the third line with those two - better than Pouliot - but that deal and the four three additional years make him a high risk minimal reward player. He isn't the answer to a prolonged Horton absence eitherr.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Book, who, in your opinion, would be the answer? I liked the Vermette that played in Ottawa. I'm not so sure about the Colombus version either.

Sections
Shortcuts