Any Chance a Team Takes a Run at Rask?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Any Chance a Team Takes a Run at Rask?

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

So he comes in at 6/$39M and ChiaPete says how about 8/$44M and they settle on 7/$42M.

I'm a genius!

Are you not entertained?!?!

I hope you're absolutely right on all counts. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

If some team goes crazy on the offer sheet (max contract type - 7 years at 8+ million), then the B's might let him go and take the picks.  But that would be very unlikely.

Remember when Stamkos was RFA?  No one made him an offer sheet and he ended up signing a 5 year, $7.5 million deal.  I am SURE that some team would have signed him to a MUCH, MUCH larger UFA deal, but teams shy away from the RFAs.

I think that Rask gets 5 or 6 years at $6.5 to $7.0 million per season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I hope PC gets it done before there's even that chance. Offer the guy a 5-6yr @ 40 mill should gt it done. Flames? After the whole Igilna mess, I don't think Feaster's gonna do it. I think they go after Emery. Flyers will go after Lu. If TT decides to play I think the Av's take a stab at him. JFG will be traded to the Islanders. I say the Av's because Roy has said he loves Timmy's compete level & his swagger (cockiness) reminds him of himself.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Bigpapa1977's comment:

If some team goes crazy on the offer sheet (max contract type - 7 years at 8+ million), then the B's might let him go and take the picks.  But that would be very unlikely.

Remember when Stamkos was RFA?  No one made him an offer sheet and he ended up signing a 5 year, $7.5 million deal.  I am SURE that some team would have signed him to a MUCH, MUCH larger UFA deal, but teams shy away from the RFAs.

I think that Rask gets 5 or 6 years at $6.5 to $7.0 million per season.

don't get me wrong, i love Tuukka and want him back but TB was going to match whatever offer Stamkos got....  not sure the B'S would lock themselves in if some team decides to overpay Tuukka....

again, not expecting it to happen....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I don't see any teams making an offer sheet for Rask, as many people view the good goalie stats that have come out of Boston since Julien's tenure, largely being a product of the system (Julien's system).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

I don't see any teams making an offer sheet for Rask, as many people view the good goalie stats that have come out of Boston since Julien's tenure, largely being a product of the system (Julien's system).

Offer sheets are rare enough overall. It's possible but like you, I'm skeptical. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Maybe, but I doubt it.  Compensation would be 5 firsts or ChiaPete would match.  If it's the Flames?  One Rask hip injury and the Bruins could be in the lottery for half a decade.  The options on other goalies are more palatable - even Leaky Lou if Van takes salary back.  If I'm a GM, even Garth Snow, I like the idea of a Frattin, prospect 2nd rounder cost better than empty pick cupboards for a long time.

Rask likely settles for Quick money:  $6m, term TBD.

Book- I am probably off on this, but the ranges I found searching the web have an $8.41 Annual Salary carrying a compensation of: two 1st rounders + 2nd rounder + 3rd rounder.  To land your goalie in his prime for the next 7 years, I would consider paying that bounty.  Over that amount, it's four 1st rounders.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2012-07-01/nhl-free-agency-list-rfa-compensation-rules

dez rightfully points out that not all teams have that stable of picks, though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm thinking you'd have to go to $8.5 to dissuade Chiarelli.  So, 4 firsts.  That number keeps getting higher thoguh, doesn't it?  It may get high enough one day that someone will make an RFA offer in earnest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I'm thinking you'd have to go to $8.5 to dissuade Chiarelli.  So, 4 firsts.  That number keeps getting higher thoguh, doesn't it?  It may get high enough one day that someone will make an RFA offer in earnest.

Last year's offer for Weber was pretty earnest.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Murph's nuts - there is no way that Rask is going to get the largest contract of any goalie in the league, with a cap hit 1.5 million more than the next highest keeper, Rinne.

He and Haggs both!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

column is by macdonald...not thathtat matters

Sections
Shortcuts