Any chance of the bruins make a big signing this off-season!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Any chance of the bruins make a big signing this off-season!

I think what were all seeing is that status quo is not good enough.  Everyone talks about Boston needing a big time defender, a puck moving defensemen but I think boston really needs that skilled offensive scorer.  They a re a team of a few 20 goals scorers but have no one to turn to when opposing goalies get hot and defenses get tight.  Maybe they draft a guy like duncan seimens and make a big free agent signing?  I dont know but this team clearly is lacking something.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Any chance of the bruins make a big signing this off-season!

all depends on the Savard situation and if Kaberle is resigned.

Check out this site: 

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I expect that if the Bruins don't go far in the playoffs and It's looking that way then I think wholesale changes during the free agency and the draft. If Savard retires PC needs to use his and Kaberle's money to make a run at Richards at the very least to drive Burke's price up so he doesn't get Brad cheap.

Boychuk, Peverley and Kelly must be gone if they can't help get the Bruins out of this rut this week. If Ryder and Recchi are resigned I'm done with this team then will go out n buy Ducks n Kings season tickets!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Is cap geek saying that the B's have approximatley 7mil of cap space to sign players?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Any chance of the bruins make a big signing this off-season!:
    Is cap geek saying that the B's have approximatley 7mil of cap space to sign players?
    Posted by prob2236

No, a general rather than approximate. The team has relatively that much space to sign 3 players to fit a 21 man roster. It does not take into acccount what the salary cap is going to be officially next year or what the bonus cushion penalty will be (2010-11 bonus payouts deferred to next season). So it is a general tool.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

The cap should increase by roughly $1.5M

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

+ agree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It's all going to depend on Claude's tenure.

Right now the team is made to order for Claude.
    Should they get another coach\system they will have to move some parts to suit the system.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

Bruins get beat by Canadiens, Coach and Gm shoulder be fired immediately....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Any chance of the bruins make a big signing this off-season!:
    Posted by hARRIS666

Amen

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

If Zach Parise is healthy they need to do whatever they got to do to get him. They need a dynamic offensive threat who comes to play every night. Both of which is clearly lacking in this series from every Bruin player (slight exception for Marchand). He won't come cheap but if they are going to trade and spend to make a difference I say target Parise over any defenseman or even Richards.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

First, best offseason moves: #1 Fire Clod, #2 Fire PC, #3 try to shed some of our deadweight/overpaid guys, #4 get some real talent in here (Richards, Parise, Yandle, Gagne, UFA RFA who cares!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I expect that if the Bruins don't go far in the playoffs and It's looking that way then I think wholesale changes during the free agency and the draft. If Savard retires PC needs to use his and Kaberle's money to make a run at Richards at the very least to drive Burke's price up so he doesn't get Brad cheap. Boychuk, Peverley and Kelly must be gone if they can't help get the Bruins out of this rut this week. If Ryder and Recchi are resigned I'm done with this team then will go out n buy Ducks n Kings season tickets!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I really doubt the Leafs go after Richards, SanDog.  He's a great player, but he's yet another small forward on a Leaf team that is small up front.  I don't see this as a good move for the Leafs.

Now, for the Bruins.....Richards would be a good fit, especially if Savard is done.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I agree with many of the posters here; a ballsy move would be to get Parise.  It would cost the requisiste 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick depending on how much they offer him, but he would be exactly what they need.  You'd have to be prepared to overpay and force NJ's hand.  I'm pretty sure Parise wants out.  you may have to make a Kessel-like deal if NJ intends to match.

However, this really depends on the Savard situation I think.

If you take the emotion out of this (and I was a big Savard fan) the best thing for the Bruins would be for Savard to retire.  I just don't see him coming back anywhere near what he was and his cap hit (and salary) is now unfortunately a albatross on the team, unless he does retire.

If I'm PC, I use the Leaf's pick and make a package and move up as far as you need to get Dougie Hamilton (I think he goes 6 or 7).  If he can somehow make a package up to get Adam Larssson (it would take the 9th pick + Marchand + Caron + Knight....soemthing like that) that would be a frachise shifting move.  The Oilers get 3 young kids and the 9th pick.  I'm not sure Oiler move that pick.....but you'd like to think your GM would try something.

Then again.....I'd rather Parise come to Toronto

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Any chance of the bruins make a big signing this off-season! : They can pick one RFA.  So Parise, Doughty or Yandle Brad Richards should be brought in regardless
    Posted by mattc355

Prepare for a big bidding war for Richards. Should be something along the lines of 6.5-7M for 7 years, maybe even 8.

Nevertheless, I'd love to have him. Great player with great effort.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Any chance of the bruins make a big signing this off-season! : See my first post in this thread.  They get rid of the right guys: Thomas, Kaberle, Ryder and Seidenberg.  Money is not an issue.
    Posted by mattc355

If they get rid of Kelly, money probably won't be an issue for them to re-up kaberle AND sign Richards. The cap is supposed to be up to 62.2M (don't have a link, read an article saying if they want to avoid another lockout, then they probably will have to agree to the near-3M increase).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

LA has PLENTY of cap room to re-sign Doughty. If an offer sheet is presented, they would match it without breaking a sweat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

IF they bow out in this round...or any round other than the Cup Final...Claude is gone. PC will be staying, I'm sure of that.

If I were PC...I would not resign Recchi, Kaberle, Ryder. I am hopeful, but not expecting Savvy back.

I unload Sides and Ference. Hopefully there is a taker out there.

I make an offer sheet to Shea Webber (RFA) that I know Nashville can't (won't) match, unless Carrie Underwood throws some cash into the pot. I try for Richards, but settle on another goal scoring forward.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

In Response to Re: Any chance of the bruins make a big signing this off-season! : I really doubt the Leafs go after Richards, SanDog.  He's a great player, but he's yet another small forward on a Leaf team that is small up front.  I don't see this as a good move for the Leafs. Now, for the Bruins.....Richards would be a good fit, especially if Savard is done.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

I think it would be his age rather than his size that holds the Leafs back from signing Richards. He's 6' and 200lbs with hands but he is 30 and the Leafs as a team are much younger. He might go to NYR.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

In Response to Re: Any chance of the bruins make a big signing this off-season! : They can pick one RFA.  So Parise, Doughty or Yandle Brad Richards should be brought in regardless
    Posted by mattc355

The Bruins will not be able to sign a top RFA next year as it requires giving up their 1st round pick, which they don't have, traded to Toronto.

If you recall when Toronto was planning on maybe signing Kessel the RFA route, if a trade was not made, they had to make a trade with the Blackhawks to get their 2nd round pick back that they had traded to them earlier.

Teams must have their own 1st or 2nd round pick if they sign these top RFA to pay as compensation. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

IF they bow out in this round...or any round other than the Cup Final...Claude is gone. PC will be staying, I'm sure of that. If I were PC...I would not resign Recchi, Kaberle, Ryder. I am hopeful, but not expecting Savvy back. I unload Sides and Ference. Hopefully there is a taker out there. I make an offer sheet to Shea Webber (RFA) that I know Nashville can't (won't) match, unless Carrie Underwood throws some cash into the pot. I try for Richards, but settle on another goal scoring forward.
    Posted by hendy77

What other goal scoring forward? Erik Cole? Jussi Jokinen? Milan Hejduk?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Any chance of the bruins make a big signing this off-season! : I think it would be his age rather than his size that holds the Leafs back from signing Richards. He's 6' and 200lbs with hands but he is 30 and the Leafs as a team are much younger. He might go to NYR.
    Posted by scotland19

Valid point.  Still, they need more size up front.  I really like the Lupal trade and he has a lot more grit that I realized.

I heard Richards doesn't want to come to Toronto in any event.

I agree, I think Richards goes to NYR too, possibly LA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I hope they sign Brad Richards and Drew Doughty. Here's how they do it: Trade Seidenberg - any offer will suffice Don't re-sign Kaberle Tim Thomas retires Don't re-sign Ryder That totals over $16 mil in salary Offer Doughty whatever it takes up to $8 mil  until LA can't match it Offer Richards the rest. Caron and Seguin are in the lineup Khudobin's your backup goaltender
    Posted by mattc355

Tim Thomas is going to retire, after a vezina year and leave millions on the table?
    I don't even know how to respond to it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from airbus01. Show airbus01's posts

Posted by hARRIS666

They will fire more then Charelli's shoulder! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Any chance of the bruins make a big signing this off-season! : The Bruins will not be able to sign a top RFA next year as it requires giving up their 1st round pick, which they don't have, traded to Toronto. If you recall when Toronto was planning on maybe signing Kessel the RFA route, if a trade was not made, they had to make a trade with the Blackhawks to get their 2nd round pick back that they had traded to them earlier. Teams must have their own 1st or 2nd round pick if they sign these top RFA to pay as compensation. 
    Posted by winexpos

It's next seasons first and second, not 2011.  RFA's don't get signed until after the draft.

Sections
Shortcuts