Any confirmation? Is Backstrom susp for Game 4?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Any confirmation? Is Backstrom susp for Game 4?

Anyone know if a hearing is taking place?  Any official NHL release?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Any confirmation? Is Backstrom susp for Game 4?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=393427

The hearing is tomorrow and that is not a good sign because Shanahan is giving  a chance for Backstrom to explain himself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Any confirmation? Is Backstrom susp for Game 4?:
                        http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=393427 The hearing is tomorrow and that is not a good sign because Shanahan is giving  a chance for Backstrom to explain himself.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Shanahan doesn't need to listen to explainations. He can read minds!

... hopefully Backstrom's thoughts aren't in Sweedish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=393427 The hearing is tomorrow and that is not a good sign because Shanahan is giving  a chance for Backstrom to explain himself.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

But the hearing could also give Shanny a chance to give him more than one game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by SanDogBrewin

San, I wonder what Backsrom's explanation will be? Maybe something along the lines of "I didn't like Peverley's teeth".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Any confirmation? Is Backstrom susp for Game 4? : San, I wonder what Backsrom's explanation will be? Maybe something along the lines of "I didn't like Peverley's teeth".Posted by dezaruchi

Hopefully Hunter will right it out for Backstrom to seal the suspension...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

According to NHL.com the hearing is today.

But according to NHL.com the Penguins were going to blow everyone away en route to the Stanley Cup. I'll take TSN's word over theres anyday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Any confirmation? Is Backstrom susp for Game 4? : Hopefully Hunter will right it out for Backstrom to seal the suspension...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

True and here's hoping.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

his hearing been move up  to 3.30pm today tue

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

his punishment could range from receiving a letter of commendation for his brave acts, to league banishment. i eagerly await the word from shanahan, about anything is possible. how do you explain a cross-check to the face after the buzzer? this should be good

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

What's with the Swedish player this playoffs ?

Zetterberg crosschecking and slashing Weber inciting him to do a WWE turnbuckle thing to his head.
    Hagelin elbowing a fellow Swedish icon to the head.
    And now Backstrom trying to make Peverly use up some of that great dental plan that the NHLPA worked hard to get in negotiations.

Whatever happened to the old hockey term " Chicken Swede " ? Uh I guess not. They are no longer your father's Swedish hockey players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

shanny clown makes colin campbell look like don cherry. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Next Hunter will be telling refs to 'have another donut'...old time hockey!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

he is suspended, match penalty is automatic suspension, now Shanny could rescind it or add to it. Tough to get into his head.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

TSN updated, hearing is 3:30 EST today (about 15 minutes from now), word should come out 5:00-5:30ish

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Shaw just got 3 games for hitting Smith behind the net. He also has 2 hearings with Neal today, and 1 with Asham. Shanny is not in a good mood.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ok, Shaw was hard to see if there was intent, or if it was just reckless. With Backstrom, there was obvious intent. So if there's any justice (which there isn'y in the NHL) That would mean Backstrom gets at least 4.

There's no consistency in these rulings.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Ha its laughable that they call it having "2 hearings" for Neal. It's one hearing with 2 seperate incidents to discuss. Pretty sure Shanahan isn't going to hang up the phone and call back and say "Oh hey James, it's Brendan Shanahan with the Department of Player Safety again, its time for your second hearing today."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Ha its laughable that they call it having "2 hearings" for Neal. It's one hearing with 2 seperate incidents to discuss. Pretty sure Shanahan isn't going to hang up the phone and call back and say "Oh hey James, it's Brendan Shanahan with the Department of Player Safety again, its time for your second hearing today."
    Posted by lambda13

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he did just that. And reads everyword he says during the phone call off from some notecards.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I can see it now... I bet he just plays a recording of the NHL Player Safety videos he puts out. ha.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that shanny will make another embarrasing mess on this one too. The only consistant thing about this walking joke of a guy is the fact that he is horribly inconsistant.

The shanny mission: Eliminate vicious shots to the head.

So what does he do?

Boyle gets suckerpunched and dropped with one punch and takes another 7 shots while he is down. Verdict only 1 game.

Weber grabs the guys head and smashes it into the glass. Verdict, no suspension! Apparently this is an acceptable hockey play and should be done more often.

Marchand hip checks a fragile whining nuck and its 5 freakin games!

There you have it. Whenever you want to hipcheck someone, Brad, please follow the shanny rules and grab the guy by the head and smash it into the glass like a respectable hockey player would do, and as encouraged by the league.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

I predict Shanny will recind the one game suspension.  But the B's will win game 4 regardless (I'm calling for a Thomas shutout in a 3-0 win).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Honestly, he needs to suspend him just to protect him from on ice justice. Why leave it up to the Bruins to respond in kind?

Sections
Shortcuts