Any confirmation? Is Backstrom susp for Game 4?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Any confirmation? Is Backstrom susp for Game 4?

In Response to Re: Any confirmation? Is Backstrom susp for Game 4?:
    I predict Shanny will recind the one game suspension.  But the B's will win game 4 regardless (I'm calling for a Thomas shutout in a 3-0 win).
    Posted by BruinsIn4

I have that feeling too. I like where your heads at.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Lane McDermaid. Your time has come! Joke. Too soon?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Love this quote from CJ:

My job is to prepare my team. … The League needs to look at it and judge it from there. We're not a team that will go down, and I've said that many times, and start rolling on the ice for no reason. So I'm proud of [Peverley] for standing up on his feet, taking the cross-check to the face, and not embellishing. And that's what I want my team to keep doing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Any confirmation? Is Backstrom susp for Game 4? : But the hearing could also give Shanny a chance to give him more than one game.
    Posted by red75

You know I had forgotten that deputy commissioner Bill Daley was at the game last night so that might be the reason for the hearing. It was a vicious attack an unprovoked act when the game was no more in doubt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I can see him not being suspended because Peverley took the cheap shot like a man. His knees didn't even buckle. Most players in the league would have gone down then looked around for refs. Just stays right on his feet and stares down backstrom.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

shanny clown upheld adams' one game suspension for pulling streisand's hair.  very inconsistent if he rescinds backstrom's.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

So was the hearing at 3.30?  Do we have word?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

I hope he's suspended because it'll make it easier for the B's to win, but that said, Adams was a completely different situation. Not to jump on YOU, Karl, but people constantly say "WHERE'S THE CONSISTENCY?!" about things that are apples and oranges.
    This is, however, nearly identical to the Lucic-on-Lapierre cross-check to the face from 3 years ago. Lucic got a game. Then Komisarek cross-checked him in the face at the end of the sweep of the Habs. He got suspended. The ref here obviously have him the penalty for the expressed purpose (the game was over) of seeing to it that he was suspended. I can't see Shanny embarassing the refs by rescinding it. The league has been pretty consistent about cross-checks to the head being suspensions, and I imagine this will be, as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Backstrom will get one game..... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (sent from my IPad)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Stanley, Backstrom has already got one game. We're waiting to hear if that was rescinded or not, or if he'll get more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

hearing was 3 hours ago.... still nothing?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to "Re: Any confirmation? Is Backstrom susp for Game 4?":
    Stanley, Backstrom has already got one game. We're waiting to hear if that was rescinded or not, or if he'll get more. Posted by red75
    Red sweetheart....he wont get more...if it would have been Looch or Chara they would have got 3 games... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (sent from my IPad)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Stanley, Backstrom has already got one game. We're waiting to hear if that was rescinded or not, or if he'll get more.
    Posted by red75

Funny stuff coming from Canada's Greatest Bruin fan ! What's the matter Red , don't you like Stanley's breaking news ( a day late ) ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

First off, Backstroms cross check glanced of Peverley arms and hit him in the face shield with little or no force and in no way, shape or form was a match penalty.   Secondly, dying seconds 2nd period of Game 2, the Rodent highsticks Backstrom right in front of O'Halloran and no call. (mind you, O'Halloran is the B's all time favorite) Quite a stretch to even contemplate suspending Backstrom when the Rodent didn't even get called for virtually the same infraction one game before. The Refs will Make you or Break you (and Shanny can to!)      Jack Torrance
    Posted by null

Only the Shadowknows you're the Turkey.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Could people seriously stop quoting that numbskull? I mean seriously I have him ignored for a reason and I hate reading you people quoting him. Just ignore him. Jesus.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Could people seriously stop quoting that numbskull? I mean seriously I have him ignored for a reason and I hate reading you people quoting him. Just ignore him. Jesus.
    Posted by lambda13

I second the emotion.  

I started reading the post and was about 2 words in when I knew it was the very definition of crackpot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

In response to "Re: Any confirmation? Is Backstrom susp for Game 4?": Red sweetheart....he wont get more...if it would have been Looch or Chara they would have got 3 games... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (sent from my IPad)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011
    h

Yeah you got that right, Looch, Chara, hell, even Marchand, they would all get at least 3 games. It's BS. 
    The Bruins are going to go down there and spank them anyways, they smell the blood now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Keenan and Roenick thought the suspension would stick and they thought it was a really stupid penalty.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Typically think this guy is a db, but thought this was pretty funny...

Adam Proteau@Proteautype
    • Arron Asham isn't a star, so he'll receive an 8-game suspension. Nicklas Backstrom is a star, so he'll receive 25% off at the NHL Store.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nuII. Show nuII's posts

Man I hope Backstrom gets suspended.   Washington's been getting all the calls.  I think the refs are on their side.   Bruins are a good, tough, clean team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Man I hope Backstrom gets suspended.   Washington's been getting all the calls.  I think the refs are on their side.   Bruins are a good, tough, clean team.
    Posted by nuII

Nicely done. LOL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by nuII

Very good.  Commendable even.

Sections
Shortcuts