Any news on Boychuk? Got blindsided, concussion?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Any news on Boychuk? Got blindsided, concussion?

Blindside hits are just 2mins penalties ? 

I would think they will review this one and would be fair if he gets 1game.  That is exactly what the league wants to take out of the game.

Now on Boychuk.  He looked very groggy getting off the ice and needed help once off the ice. 
    I think he has a concussion and doubt he'll be back for this series. 
    Am I wrong ?  Anybody have better news ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Any news on Boychuk? Got blindsided, concussion?

In Response to Any news on Boychuk? Got blindsided, concussion?:

Burried deep in the Julien presser:

[QUOTE]On if there is an update on Johnny Boychuk…
    Johnny [Boychuk] is fine. I haven’t had an opportunity to look at it, I haven’t watched the video yet. I know some people have, but from what I hear it’s not a great hit. I’ll maybe save my comments more for after I see it.
    [/QUOTE]

Not sure if that really means anything.  I haven't seen a replay yet (doesn't appear to be online yet), but I got the impression that while it was a blindside hit, it wasn't to the head.  I thought they only suspend if the primary point of contact is the head?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Boychuk dove.  Just as a payback for Downies obvious dive in game 4 where he was cross checked into the boards head 1st.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

That was not a dive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

why b/c he had a bruin jersey on.  yet Downie who obviously was hammered into the boards did and got a penalty.  reputation call for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDecision. Show TheDecision's posts

I was surprised that wasn't a 5 minute major...Downie is really a pile of crap and someone NEEDS to beat his ash after this series is over...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

One article I read even indicated JB returned to play when it seemed like all he may have done was skate during a TV timeout.  I just hope he's all right and that the whistles aren't heard so much down in Tampa for game 6...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shupe...are you trying to play devil's advocate again? it is your role in this forum. downie dove, and took it a little to far. his dive included falling to the ice like a sack of potatoes. it wasn't the hit that hurt him, it was his contact with the ice, after the dive. that's his own fault-  as for boychuk, are you serious?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Downie is definitely one of those guys you love to hate but I would take him on the Bruins in a minute.  Dude has some really good skill. 
    I am sure Tampa should have called for head shots when Lucic and Horton delivered 2 sucker punches.  I mean Kesler thinks they should look at his from Clowe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Saying Boychuck dove is ridiculous. The facts of the hit:

1. It was not blind-side, but from about 4 o'clock and against the shoulder.

2. Boarding was the right call - Boychuck was away from the boards by about 3' and Downie drove him. Wasn't an elbow, hit to the head, cross-check or anything else. Hit wasn't extreme enough to warrant more than 2 mins, and Boychuck had just let the puck go so the timing was legit.

3. The head was not the primary point of impact, but the hit caused a whiplash motion that had Boychuck hitting his head against the glass. He was clearly woozy after the hit.

4. I have a tough time thinking Boychuck didn't expect a hit there, but perhaps (speculation here) he was further way from the boards than he thought and the impact caught him off guard. If he were against the boards, wouldn't be much of a deal.

Thought the call was right. Hope he's ok.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Any news on Boychuk? Got blindsided, concussion?:
    [QUOTE]Boychuk dove.  Just as a payback for Downies obvious dive in game 4 where he was cross checked into the boards head 1st.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Downy dove and hurt himself the other night.
    Boychuk had trouble walking to the dressing room I doubt very much he dove.

As for suspension DrCC is right. Since Downie's contact was not the head (even though blindside) there should be no suspension.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Downie is definitely one of those guys you love to hate but I would take him on the Bruins in a minute.  Dude has some really good skill.  I am sure Tampa should have called for head shots when Lucic and Horton delivered 2 sucker punches.  I mean Kesler thinks they should look at his from Clowe.

and don't justify Downie's dirty play with what Bruin players did or do.
    We can go on and on talking on what triggered Horton and Lucic to punch those those 2. I will go on ...
    For one and another one of your Tampa fave's, Dominic Moore.  He started all that in game1 by pulling the skates from under Horton.  That's dirty !
    He tried the same last night on Peverly in front of the Bruins net after the whistle.
    Moore is one of the sneakiest SOB's around. Hated him with the Habs last year and hate him now.  He's underrated dirty !
    Cheapshots and then skates away like nothing happened.  Horton knows him better as he played with him in Florida and that's why he went out of his way to clock him one. Moore was not innocent . He deserved that punch.
    If someone were to follow Moore all game and away from the puck you'll see what I see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Boychuk dove.  Just as a payback for Downies obvious dive in game 4 where he was cross checked into the boards head 1st.

Nice try, Shup.

Johnny must have eyes in the back of his head. It's the only way he would have known it was Downie who hit him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on Boychuk? Got blindsided, concussion? : Downy dove and hurt himself the other night. Boychuk had trouble walking to the dressing room I doubt very much he dove. As for suspension DrCC is right. Since Downie's contact was not the head (even though blindside) there should be no suspension.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Boychuk was on the bench.  Downie didnt return in a crucial game. All acting aside there is no way.  The impact of Downie's "dive" seemed a bit harder. 

Homerism at its best when trying to defend our own.  Had Downie suckered Seguin everyone would be calling for heads to roll. Yet when Lucic and Horton do it we some how don't know what's going on at ice level and they deserved it. 

I giggle everytime I read this stuff.  I would anticipate TBay fans(if there is a so called thing) would be saying all the same about our players actions and goonery.
    Had that been Lucic hitting Brewer no one on here would say boo.  Downie has a track record but I do believe he was injured the other night.  He also wears hearing aids.  Equilibrium people. 

I can't wait to see when we play Van and all their players.  Kesler, Torres, Burrows, Bieksa, etc etc etc.  Biggest goons ever, Lucic should pound em all and Chara would kill him.  It's funny I hear this all the time but this never happens. 

Relax people.  I am having fun.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Finally online:

Looks like a pretty good faceplant to me.  No direct head contact though.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on Boychuk? Got blindsided, concussion? : Nice try, Shup. Johnny must have eyes in the back of his head. It's the only way he would have known it was Downie who hit him.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

You don't need eyes in the back of your head to know who's on the ice.  This isn't Boychuk's 1st game in the league or against someone like Downie.  Maybe Boychuk should pick another sport if thats the case.  Downie deserved a 2 minute penalty.  Those who call me the whiner are whining saying he deserves more.  I am saying it was a 2 minute penalty and play on.  We won the game and those 2 minutes ate up some very important minutes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I don't think Downie or Boychuck dove.  I thought they both took legitimately tough hits.  My Black and Gold glasses tell me that the Downie hit last night was dirtier but I have no real way to justify it other then reputation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]why b/c he had a bruin jersey on.  yet Downie who obviously was hammered into the boards did and got a penalty.  reputation call for sure.

Shuperman...stick to golf !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]I was surprised that wasn't a 5 minute major...Downie is really a pile of crap and someone NEEDS to beat his ash after this series is over...
    Posted by TheDecision[/QUOTE]

Hopefully Thornton will be back in the lineup !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on Boychuk? Got blindsided, concussion? : and don't justify Downie's dirty play with what Bruin players did or do. We can go on and on talking on what triggered Horton and Lucic to punch those those 2. I will go on ... For one and another one of your Tampa fave's, Dominic Moore.  He started all that in game1 by pulling the skates from under Horton.  That's dirty ! He tried the same last night on Peverly in front of the Bruins net after the whistle. Moore is one of the sneakiest SOB's around. Hated him with the Habs last year and hate him now.  He's underrated dirty ! Cheapshots and then skates away like nothing happened.  Horton knows him better as he played with him in Florida and that's why he went out of his way to clock him one. Moore was not innocent . He deserved that punch. If someone were to follow Moore all game and away from the puck you'll see what I see.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Stop following Moore's every move and watch the game...you'll learn something!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on Boychuk? Got blindsided, concussion? : Shuperman...stick to golf !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

Stick to retirment.  Thanks for coming back for one more thoughtless post.

My point as always is if its wearing Black and Gold its fine. When another does it all are up in arms. 

Thanks for your useless drivel as always

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I agree with Shupe on this one. Dumb penalty/play by Downie but that's about it. Boychuk knew Downie was coming and still decided to not pay attention. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

callo,

go back to your old work schedule.  i miss battling it out with you.  Or agreeing in this instance

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]callo, go back to your old work schedule.  i miss battling it out with you.  Or agreeing in this instance
    Haha If the money wasn't so good I would in a second. I hate the nights thing but I do have a couple days off here so I'll be around.

Sections
Shortcuts