Any news on Horton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Any news on Horton?

Horton is not coming back this season... even if it were Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals! He's still young and could make a Bergeron-like turnaround if given the proper rest. If he's not even on skates yet, he's not anywhere near where he would need to be to compete at the playoff level and there's simply not enough time to get there.

We won without him before, we can do it again.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

According to the Herald , Horton working out is a sign he isn't coming back this season. I don't understand their reasoning with that as i would see Nathan doing any exercise as a good thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I still expect Nathan Horton back for the playoffs. That's what PC said (99%), and if it is status quo, then that is still the case. If he is exercising off-ice, that means he is not so bad that he can't do anything. That's the only thing you can take from that. It might mean that he is not well enough to skate but it could also mean they are being very careful with him and ensuring he is 100% healed before he does. It does mean he is keeping in shape. I think he will be back with a handful of games left in the season to get in shape for the playoffs.  It wasn't a terrible hit that put him out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

If he is working out off ice it means there have been no rescent setbacks.  I'm pretty sure they gradually increase the intensity of the workouts as time goes on.  If there is/was a setback then he stops working out again until symptoms subside.

So, I would guess that there is still a chance we get him back for the playoffs - especially if we go deep.  The playoffs take 2+ months to play so its not like we are saying he'll be back next week.  We still have over a month until the second round is even starting.  Maybe he gets on the ice in 2 weeks, skates in practice for another two, practices with contact for another week and then gets some game action.  That will have him back some time during the second round

It's not over yet

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

SHUT HIM DOWN. i'm a firm believer that the reason why patrice was able to return and have only one minor set back was the fact he took a FULL YEAR OFF after that devastating hit. more time resting the brain= better chance of complete recovery. why chance a career ending brain injury? this should be about doing what it takes to give horton the greatest chance at a LONG CAREER and healthy post-nhl life. not about seeing if they can possibly get him back to play in 10 or 15 games this spring. risk not worth the reward. ask marc savard if he's glad he came back to play in the playoffs. it's not like horton was just dinged a little on that first hit, he was OUT. it was scary to see. it's obvious the "cleared to play" thing is not quite enough. i hope he watches for the rest of the year, and comes back as close to 100% as possible next year.  of course, this decision is easier to make considering the bruins won it all last season. history is done breathing down the bruins necks. do what's right for horton.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

You can't compare Patrice and Nathan. It's not an exaggeration to say that Bergeron was almost killed. He had to sit in a dark room for months. Even after the original hit, Horton was at the game a few days later, goofing around in uniform to drink and raise the cup. His brain trauma was not near what Bergeron experienced. If he is better, he should play, if he's not, he shouldn't.  I doubt very much Horton experienced significant bleeding in his brain from the impact of the recent collision so I am not overly concerned. If doctors and Nathan himself feel good about it, go get em angry horts.

In Response to Re: Any news on Horton?:
    SHUT HIM DOWN. i'm a firm believer that the reason why patrice was able to return and have only one minor set back was the fact he took a FULL YEAR OFF after that devastating hit. more time resting the brain= better chance of complete recovery. why chance a career ending brain injury? this should be about doing what it takes to give horton the greatest chance at a LONG CAREER and healthy post-nhl life. not about seeing if they can possibly get him back to play in 10 or 15 games this spring. risk not worth the reward. ask marc savard if he's glad he came back to play in the playoffs. it's not like horton was just dinged a little on that first hit, he was OUT. it was scary to see. it's obvious the "cleared to play" thing is not quite enough. i hope he watches for the rest of the year, and comes back as close to 100% as possible next year.  of course, this decision is easier to make considering the bruins won it all last season. history is done breathing down the bruins necks. do what's right for horton.   
    Posted by adkbeesfan

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

I've been thinking all along that they decided long ago to forget about bringing him back for the regular season because it doesn't really matter and just get him ready for the playoffs.  If he's been working out consistently with no setbacks it's *possible* he could start skating at any time.  Of course they're not going to mention when that may be until it actually happens.  I'm thinking that someday, possibly soon, there will be a report that he skated, with no report ahead of time that said he was going to do so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

You can't compare Patrice and Nathan. It's not an exaggeration to say that Bergeron was almost killed. He had to sit in a dark room for months. Even after the original hit, Horton was at the game a few days later, goofing around in uniform to drink and raise the cup. His brain trauma was not near what Bergeron experienced. If he is better, he should play, if he's not, he shouldn't.  I doubt very much Horton experienced significant bleeding in his brain from the impact of the recent collision so I am not overly concerned. If doctors and Nathan himself feel good about it, go get em angry horts. In Response to Re: Any news on Horton? :
    Posted by OatesCam

glad YOU'RE not overly concerned. i'm sure horton's wife, family and friends feel differently. the fact remains since june he's suffered one very bad concussion, and another that has sidelined him for additional months. that's TWO head injuries in less than a year. so silly of me to be think about the long-term health of a 28 year old guy. and i think we all know how much "cleared to play" means. ask marc savard. i bet he wishes he took that spring off and started fresh the following year. are their concusions comparable doctor? hey you know, ANYTHING for another cup. i'm not saying they don't need him, but the bruins did beat the west's best without him. ever had a serious concussion? two? three? i have, and at this point in my life i think one more good knock would kill me. take that for what it's worth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

It's amazing how much nicer this thread became with one lil click of a button and then ***POOF*** all of Nulls posts are gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'll take it for exactly what it's worth. Nothing. Injuries you have suffered have nothing to do with what Horton has suffered. Neither do the ones Savard have suffered. If Horton is not 100%, of course he shouldn't play. What I'm saying is that I think he is probably fine and to speculate otherwise based on anything we have seen or heard is nothing but speculation.  His latest injury did not involve head impact and he did not lose consciousness. It was described as a mild concussion. Lots of people get their head bumped around and are fine in a few weeks. This is probably the case here. If he has brain function symptoms then wait until he's healed. If he is already healed, then there is no reason he can't play. None of us know what, if any, symptoms Horton has been feeling. Perhaps he has been held out this long for purely precautionary reasons. To say he shouldn't play until next season without knowledge of what he has actually experienced because you and Marc Savard have had bad concussion issues is really drawing a conclusion based on unrelated or unknown information. We also have no idea how Horton's family and friends feel. Maybe his wife has a great insurance policy on him and is sleeping with the pool boy.

In Response to Re: Any news on Horton? : glad YOU'RE not overly concerned. i'm sure horton's wife, family and friends feel differently. the fact remains since june he's suffered one very bad concussion, and another that has sidelined him for additional months. that's TWO head injuries in less than a year. so silly of me to be think about the long-term health of a 28 year old guy. and i think we all know how much "cleared to play" means. ask marc savard. i bet he wishes he took that spring off and started fresh the following year. are their concusions comparable doctor? hey you know, ANYTHING for another cup. i'm not saying they don't need him, but the bruins did beat the west's best without him. ever had a serious concussion? two? three? i have, and at this point in my life i think one more good knock would kill me. take that for what it's worth.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

quote of the day...."i think that he is probably fine..."(who's speculating?) - what are you basing this on? the fact that he's not practicing with the team, nor has been for months? or the fact that he hasn't needed to sit in a dark room for months like bergeron? but as you say...."to speculate otherwise based on anything we've seen or heard is nothing but speculation." not to mention redundant. explain to me what it feels like to be shot with a gun. you can't? because only those who have could tell you. everyone else is "speculating". same thing applies here. i'm guessing horton is in no hurry- THAT'S SPECULATION, but at least it's based on similiar experience. don't worry, they'll all try their hardest to win you another cup. it's obvious you've never had a brain injury, and can appreciate the seriousness of the issue.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I've bumped my head before. It hurt. I'm sure it was nothing like your massive head injuries. But my injuries and your injuries or anyone else's injuries have nothing to do with Horton's. I'm speculating. I'm speculating that because there was no loss of consciousness (a key symptom in diagnosing concussion severity), because his concussion was diagnosed as "mild", because Horton is doing regular life activities including exercise and because PC said he is 99% sure Horton will be back that Horton will be back. You are speculating that because you are one head shot away from death and because Marc Savard's head injury ended his career that Horton should be shut down. Neither of us know if he should be.  Your injuries and Savard's or Bergeron's are irrelevant to this injury.  I don't know if he should be. If he should be I hope he is. I am speculating that because of what we know that has happened to the person we are actually dealing with that Horton won't be.

quote of the day...."i think that he is probably fine..."(who's speculating?) - what are you basing this on? the fact that he's not practicing with the team, nor has been for months? or the fact that he hasn't needed to sit in a dark room for months like bergeron? but as you say...."to speculate otherwise based on anything we've seen or heard is nothing but speculation." not to mention redundant. explain to me what it feels like to be shot with a gun. you can't? because only those who have could tell you. everyone else is "speculating". same thing applies here. i'm guessing horton is in no hurry- THAT'S SPECULATION, but at least it's based on similiar experience. don't worry, they'll all try their hardest to win you another cup. it's obvious you've never had a brain injury, and can appreciate the seriousness of the issue.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlankStares. Show BlankStares's posts

It's amazing how much nicer this thread became with one lil click of a button and then ***POOF*** all of Nulls posts are gone.
    Posted by Hockeymomsrule

I just did the same thing.

Sections
Shortcuts