Any news on McQuaid?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Any news on McQuaid?

One of the few who played well tonight and I heard he didn't make it back on the ice after taking a hard shot off the leg???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Any news on McQuaid?

They ran some tests and found out he was suffering from an acute case of Turnoveritis.  There is no immediate cure known, but the effects can be lessened by off seasons worth on passing skills.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I heard they found Thomas flopping around in a puddle outside the arena.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

NAS, that +26 looks pretty bad, huh?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Any news on McQuaid?:
    [QUOTE]NAS, that +26 looks pretty bad, huh?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

You have to realize who McQuaid replaced to understand the crusade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on McQuaid? : You have to realize who McQuaid replaced to understand the crusade.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Do you seriously want to keep that up?  Do you want to remind everyone about your attack threads that were baseless and then when you got called out on them, you disappeared for a few months, hid in your closet with a  bag over your head, came back to try to defend yourself and ended up looking (amazingly) more stupid?  Here's your "redemption" thread:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a2646b9a3-bf39-421d-a256-a931172b071a&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion:2646b9a3-bf39-421d-a256-a931172b071aPost:002119b1-4ce4-4f30-8781-959802da7622

Yeah, that was a great idea!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS, that +26 looks pretty bad, huh?

No, that looks great.  It actually looks even better than Kessel's +23 from a couple of years ago. 

They both must be fantastic defensive players!

In all seriousness, please watch McQuaid with the puck for a game.  Try to actually pay attention to what he does with it and what happens.  More often than not, the puck goes from his stick to the stick of someone on the other team.  Try it for a couple of games and maybe you'll feel my frustration.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on McQuaid? : No, that looks great.  It actually looks even better than Kessel's +23 from a couple of years ago.  They both must be fantastic defensive players! In all seriousness, please watch McQuaid with the puck for a game.  Try to actually pay attention to what he does with it and what happens.  More often than not, the puck goes from his stick to the stick of someone on the other team.  Try it for a couple of games and maybe you'll feel my frustration.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I think McQuaid's +26 is pretty representative measure of a kid that plays a stay-at-home style.  I watch the games, I don't see McQuaid turning it over in a disproportionate amount than I would expect from a kid with 73 games of NHL experience. 

I am very happy with his play, and am actually more frustrated with Seidenberg's turnovers recently.  Seidenberg is only a +6, good for 7th on the B's among +/- for D-men.  I do expect a little more from a veteran making $3.25M/season with 450 NHL games under his belt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

NAs, I'm thinking you are a little harsh on McQuaid, plus Crowls is right on about Seidenberg lately. Could be the pairings as Seids played well with Kamfer, and McQ played fairly steady with Ference. No way McQ should be paired with Chara, even watching, I never know when Chara will pass  or carry the puck. Could also be Houda, who tells McQ to not hold on, get rid of the puck, or 'get it to Chara". McQuaid certainly seems to make better decisions than Boychuck

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Bartowski just got sent down so I'm sure he is fine

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on McQuaid? : No, that looks great.  It actually looks even better than Kessel's +23 from a couple of years ago.  They both must be fantastic defensive players! In all seriousness, please watch McQuaid with the puck for a game.  Try to actually pay attention to what he does with it and what happens.  More often than not, the puck goes from his stick to the stick of someone on the other team.  Try it for a couple of games and maybe you'll feel my frustration.
    People this is the biggest false statement I have ever read. McQuaid has been nothing but praised by ALL nesn contributers because of what he does with the puck. He makes the right decision 9 out of 10 times. Everyone turns the puck over NAS, everyone. In all seriousness, please watch what he does when he has the puck.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on McQuaid? : People this is the biggest false statement I have ever read. McQuaid has been nothing but praised by ALL nesn contributers because of what he does with the puck. He makes the right decision 9 out of 10 times. Everyone turns the puck over NAS, everyone. In all seriousness, please watch what he does when he has the puck.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. McQuaid for the most part has made the simple passes and done it effectively. Recently he has made a few more mistakes then he has been making but to criticize him up to this point of the season is just blind, useless commentary.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on McQuaid? : Couldn't agree more. McQuaid for the most part has made the simple passes and done it effectively. Recently he has made a few more mistakes then he has been making but to criticize him up to this point of the season is just blind, useless commentary.
    This is why the team misses Ference. He adds a sense of stability for the D. Him and McQuaid played extremely well together. Since then they have moving all around. Can't wait to have him back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on McQuaid? : Couldn't agree more. McQuaid for the most part has made the simple passes and done it effectively. Recently he has made a few more mistakes then he has been making but to criticize him up to this point of the season is just blind, useless commentary.

Speaking of blind useless commentary (let's add misleading, fraudulent, wrong and incorrect):

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a4fbc31db-0b4b-4d88-937e-81e35a475e16

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on McQuaid? : This is why the team misses Ference. He adds a sense of stability for the D. Him and McQuaid played extremely well together. Since then they have moving all around. Can't wait to have him back.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Yup, you're right. Ferrence adds experience to the 3rd defence pairing with McQuaid. Their performance together has been stellar as indicated by both of their plus/minus.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on McQuaid? : Yup, you're right. Ferrence adds experience to the 3rd defence pairing with McQuaid. Their performance together has been stellar as indicated by both of their plus/minus.

Know who has not been stellar?  The guy who started this thread:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a2646b9a3-bf39-421d-a256-a931172b071a&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion:2646b9a3-bf39-421d-a256-a931172b071aPost:002119b1-4ce4-4f30-8781-959802da7622

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on McQuaid? : I think McQuaid's +26 is pretty representative measure of a kid that plays a stay-at-home style.  I watch the games, I don't see McQuaid turning it over in a disproportionate amount than I would expect from a kid with 73 games of NHL experience.  I am very happy with his play, and am actually more frustrated with Seidenberg's turnovers recently.  Seidenberg is only a +6, good for 7th on the B's among +/- for D-men.  I do expect a little more from a veteran making $3.25M/season with 450 NHL games under his belt.

If we look at him as a kid with 73 NHL games, then I'll agree that he doesn't turn it over more than would be expected.  If we look at him as an NHL defenseman, I would say that he does.  Far too many times, the puck leaves his stick and ends up on the stick of an opponent.    Join me in keep a close eye on this.  You might be surprised.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Back to my original question... I see that Bart was sent down, so I feel a little better. Although reading about the Kampfer setback was a little disturbing (how many serious head injuries can one kid take?)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UrsusMaximus. Show UrsusMaximus's posts

I don't know who this NAS chap is but I have been reading with fascination with his ongoing and relentless attempts to continuously try and embarrass those who somehow affronted him with repeated references to a subject that is weeks old and that everyone else on the planet has either forgotten or simply moved on from, it's sad really.  I would think his continuous need to be either confrontational or condescending to anyone who holds even a slight difference of opinion has resulted in many people not providing an opinion who would love to contribute to the various discussion threads, it's too bad really as he often makes some valid points. His opinion about McQuaid's apparent inability to make a pass is not one of them. Wait for it.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on McQuaid? : If we look at him as a kid with 73 NHL games, then I'll agree that he doesn't turn it over more than would be expected.  If we look at him as an NHL defenseman, I would say that he does.  Far too many times, the puck leaves his stick and ends up on the stick of an opponent.    Join me in keep a close eye on this.  You might be surprised.

I watch the games pretty closely, so not sure your recommendation to "watch McQuaid more closely" will show me anything I do not already know.  McQuaid is an NHL D-man, and as a rookie has a +26.  If you are seeking perfection, McQuaid is probably not your guy.  If you are seeking a young kid that has played pretty well this year, and has some upside, then McQuaid is your guy. 

Not sure what your expectations are, but seems like this kid has played as a very effective 5-6 D-man for the B's this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I wasn't suggesting that you weren't watching the games closely, but I find that if I go into a game with the intention of focusing on a specific player, I see a lot more of his actions (and miss some other things, of course).

What kills me is that this board often sings McQuiad praises until the cows come home, but the same posters rip Ference and used to rip Stuart.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on McQuaid? : If we look at him as a kid with 73 NHL games, then I'll agree that he doesn't turn it over more than would be expected.  If we look at him as an NHL defenseman, I would say that he does.  Far too many times, the puck leaves his stick and ends up on the stick of an opponent.    Join me in keep a close eye on this.  You might be surprised.

And you trashed someone for his grammer / speeling.

Drinking alone tonight, are we N.A.S.?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]I wasn't suggesting that you weren't watching the games closely, but I find that if I go into a game with the intention of focusing on a specific player, I see a lot more of his actions (and miss some other things, of course). What kills me is that this board often sings McQuiad praises until the cows come home, but the same posters rip Ference and used to rip Stuart.

I am a big Stuart guy, like his game and like his contract.  Ference on the other hand...like the way he sticks up for teammates on the ice, but regularly gets beat in 1 on 1 battles with bigger players.  McQuaid is cheaper than both, and I like that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any news on McQuaid? : And you trashed someone for his grammer / speeling. Drinking alone tonight, are we N.A.S.?
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

There is a big difference between a typo and "There powerplay played bad."

Thanks for pointing that one out, however.  Your post on par for the quality of most of the things you write.