Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Any optimism from the weekend meetings - gone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Any optimism from the weekend meetings - gone

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=406581 

"No progress to report," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told reporters after the meeting. "No progress was made. Unless they show some willingness to compromise, I don't know how we get this done.""

Expected this would happen as soon as they brought up money. Good bye season - can't see either side suddenly waking up and changing their minds. The stand off begins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Any optimism from the weekend meetings - gone

Very, very dissapointed. No chance of it being saved at the last minute like the NFL, looks like the owners are taking a hard stance. Couple that with the fact that numerous players are able to make money elswhere and it looks like it is going to be a long time before we see any NHL hockey.

Absolute shame.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

kel, i prefer to call this game of chicken "absolute" stupidity.... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am disappointed as well.  Why wait til the very last day mantra, whenever that may be.  Seek solutions not problems is my thought.  Yet, Chara moving onto Europe is not a good sign. IMO,  an owner needs to be a leader to solve the issues, but there are no leaders.  A winter without hockey is like NE without snow, yikes that happened last year, Ha.  

Sections
Shortcuts