Any realistic good news about the Bruins in the first round...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kavubob. Show kavubob's posts

Any realistic good news about the Bruins in the first round...

I sure don't know of any. They have lost 7 of their last nine games and no other team is limping into the play-offs as poorly as they are. Please don't say that they have a very good record against the Leafs this year - the same was true with the Senators and look what happened last night. I could go on about what's wrong with them, but I won't. I just don't know of anything that's going in their favor, other than home ice advantage, although they haven't been playing good at home either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Re: Any realistic good news about the Bruins in the first round...

The Bs may wake up because the Leafs like to play tough. Might be our only hope. Find the mojo that has left the team for the past month.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Here's some good news: 

When they beat the Leafs, and they will beat the Leafs, garbage people like you will stop posting garbage like this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Optimistically= B's win in 4

Pessimistically= B's win in 7

Realistically= B's win in 5 or 6

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

It's a new season. Forget the last couple of weeks. Toronto is the best medicine the Dr. could order for the Bruins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

What happened last night is that the East's best defense did its thing, and then got the bounce it hoped for and closed-out the game.  So the "realistic good news"?  The Leafs are middle-of-the-pack in defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Here's some good news: 

When they beat the Leafs, and they will beat the Leafs, garbage people like you will stop posting garbage like this.

Operative word these days garbage LOL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'm going to say the Leaf fans win them a game & Reimer steals one. B's in 6 & Kessel will be looking over his shoulder even when he takes a cab, or goes to the urnial for Mr. Cedferno, or wtfe name you gave him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

[QUOTE]

Here's some good news: 

What garbage?? are you saying that you have no concerns whatsoever as to the Bruins on ice performance over the last dozen games? in the last Month this team has only 3 pts out of a possible 12 against playoff bound teams....they've blown more leads going into the 3rd period than i can remember - these arer FACTS.  I am on your side in thinking the B's will win this series but their crappy play over the last month just won them the chance to play Pittsburg in the second round. So color me concerned as well....

BBB

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to NorthernB's comment:

[QUOTE]

Here's some good news: 

What garbage?? are you saying that you have no concerns whatsoever as to the Bruins on ice performance over the last dozen games? in the last Month this team has only 3 pts out of a possible 12 against playoff bound teams....they've blown more leads going into the 3rd period than i can remember - these arer FACTS.  I am on your side in thinking the B's will win this series but their crappy play over the last month just won them the chance to play Pittsburg in the second round. So color me concerned as well....

BBB

They only play Pittsburgh if there are no upsets.  How often are there no upsets?

You know one sure recipe for disaster?  Worry about the next series before you start this one.

Realistic good news: Kessel has a mental block to go with the giant physical block that is Chara.  Seguin loves to play against the Leafs, especially in front of his home crowd.  Lucic almost always seems to find a higher gear when playing the Leafs - in fact, he and Seguin played together once when Julien was juggling lines to light a fire and they lit it up.  The Leafs need to play a physical game to win; playing a physical game against the Bruins tends to wake them up.  James Reimer hasn't played a playoff game in the NHL...or the AHL.  He's played a total of 15 playoff games since Midget hockey (7 with Red Deer, 8 with South Carolina in the ECHL).  Reimer has given up 4+ goals in 3 of his last 5 games.  Jagr will be fully recovered from his flu-like symptoms.  Bergeron and Marchand will be three days further from their concussions.  Krejci loves the playoffs.  Campbell and Paille are playing some of the best hockey they've played this year.  The defense is 8 deep.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]

Here's some good news: 

BBB

Because he is the one and only Bruin fan,none of us are allowed to say anything negative,you should have that figured out by know.But now if Bruin's do beat Leaf's they may not have to play Pitts,i'm sure ther will be an upset in first round,Ott,could beat Mont,Wash could get beat out.Let's just hope we get to worry about who Bruins play in next round

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

[QUOTE]

Here's some good news: 

BBB

They only play Pittsburgh if there are no upsets.  How often are there no upsets?

You know one sure recipe for disaster?  Worry about the next series before you start this one.

Realistic good news: Kessel has a mental block to go with the giant physical block that is Chara.  Seguin loves to play against the Leafs, especially in front of his home crowd.  Lucic almost always seems to find a higher gear when playing the Leafs - in fact, he and Seguin played together once when Julien was juggling lines to light a fire and they lit it up.  The Leafs need to play a physical game to win; playing a physical game against the Bruins tends to wake them up.  James Reimer hasn't played a playoff game in the NHL...or the AHL.  He's played a total of 15 playoff games since Midget hockey (7 with Red Deer, 8 with South Carolina in the ECHL).  Reimer has given up 4+ goals in 3 of his last 5 games.  Jagr will be fully recovered from his flu-like symptoms.  Bergeron and Marchand will be three days further from their concussions.  Krejci loves the playoffs.  Campbell and Paille are playing some of the best hockey they've played this year.  The defense is 8 deep.

Touche Book.... and THX for the realistic good news.. !!!

BBB

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

[QUOTE]

Here's some good news: 

BBB

Because he is the one and only Bruin fan,none of us are allowed to say anything negative,you should have that figured out by know.But now if Bruin's do beat Leaf's they may not have to play Pitts,i'm sure ther will be an upset in first round,Ott,could beat Mont,Wash could get beat out.Let's just hope we get to worry about who Bruins play in next round

Great point kit !!! Go Bruins!!

BBB

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

[QUOTE]

Here's some good news: 

BBB

Not to be a pessimist here Book, because I agree with everything you said. However, 93' Sabers vs the Bruins. Fuhr & Hasek were like 2-8 in their last 10 games. Moog was redhot with a 7-1 record in his last 8 starts including a 2, or 3-0 shut-out against the Sabers 3 games be4 the play-offs. In most cases. 1 of 2 things usually happens to a goalie in his 1st play-off as a pro. His adreline either gets him playing over his head, or it creates a doubt of being able to handle the pressure. Felix Potvin was a decent goalie, but he wasn't great, but he sure was in the play-offs. To this day I wish Sully would've givin him a start in 04' against the Habs. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I don't get concerned about things I can't affect.  Why bother?  What good does it do?  Zero.

Just shut the f up and watch the games.  Discuss the outcomes.

*Cough cough*........you broke your golden rule (100+) twice on this thread. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I don't get concerned about things I can't affect.  Why bother?  What good does it do?  Zero.

Just shut the f up and watch the games.  Discuss the outcomes.

Yes sir.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

*Cough cough*........you broke your golden rule (100+) twice on this thread. 

I know.  Once in a while I fire back when really needed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Optimistically= Leafs in 7

Pessimistically= Leafs in 4

Realistically= Leafs win in 5 or 6

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Optimistically= Leafs in 7

Pessimistically= Leafs in 4

Realistically= Leafs win in 5 or 6

Hoping Bruins wake up and play like your picture, i will say Bruin's in 5 if they don't wake up yeah Leafs in 5

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

The Bear is sleeping for the next 6 months ...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

The Bear is sleeping for the next 6 months ...

Have you heard of this word:  "faith" ?

And what are you doing on here?  shouldn't you be scouting draft picks or something?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

you guys read down goes brown? that guy said "bruins will sweep in 3" and he's a leafs fan. the good news is we are playing the leafs. I'll be surprised if it goes passed 5. Leafs playoff experience is almost at a 0. Bruins, much the opposite. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I predict Bruins in 6.  I'm not sure what people are so afraid of in Toronto.  I mean, sure it will be miserable if the Bruins lose, because they will have to under-achieve to do it.  But think about the matchup.

We have a big edge in net.  I think the Bruins have a better defensive core, top to bottom.  I also think the Bruins have better forwards, top to bottom.  The Bruins are way more experienced.  They have a Cup.  The Bruins are healthy, very healthy for this time of year.  The Bruins have good depth.  Better than Toronto.  Kessel are Kadri are types of forwards that get beat up by the Bruins in a series.

So seriously, what are we so afraid of?  There's a chance that the Bruins continue their lackluster play and get beaten by a lesser team, but instead of being crippled by our loser-phobias let's just say "Bring it on Toronto", have a few beers, and taunt Kessel until our throats are sore.

We're gonna win this series.  Take off your skirts, pop a Xanex if you need one, and stop doubting your favorite team. 

Sections
Shortcuts