Any steals at 40?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from myoung125. Show myoung125's posts

Any steals at 40?

Who are guys to look for at that 40th spot? I heard talk about Puempel but looks like he won't last that long...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: Any steals at 40?

Guys I would like to still be there at #40 (in no order)

1.) Matt Puempel (LW/RW)
    2.) Vladislav Namestnikov (Centre)
    3.) Zack Phillips (Centre)
    4.) Ty Rattie (RW)

3 of these 4 guys (with the exception of Vlady) I had on my wishlist at #40 before the draft (Noesen was picked at #21).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Well, we still have 17 picks to go.  Still on the board:

Boone Jenner, C
    Tomas Jurco, RW
    Brandon Saad, LW
    Matt Puempel, LW
    Zach Phillips, C
    Ty Rattie, RW
    David Musil, D

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Puempel was just drafted

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Any steals at 40?:
    [QUOTE]Well, we still have 17 picks to go.  Still on the board: Boone Jenner, C Tomas Jurco, RW Brandon Saad, LW Matt Puempel, LW Zach Phillips, C Ty Rattie, RW David Musil, D
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]
    I like Saad, but he's all-world one night and then disappears the next 3 games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Well, we still have 17 picks to go.  Still on the board: Boone Jenner, C Tomas Jurco, RW Brandon Saad, LW Matt Puempel, LW Zach Phillips, C Ty Rattie, RW David Musil, D
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]
    Nicky Jensen, would be worth a look, although I don't think he'll make it out of the 1st round.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Rickard Rakell just to hear Edwards say Rack em up, RicRAC or Ric em Rack em.lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Available               ranked            Gone
    Namestnikov           11                  27
    Phillips                    15                28
    Rattie                    17
    Jenner                   18
    Saad                      19
    Jurco                     20
    Jensen                    21              29
    Mayfield                 24
    Prince                   26
    Khokhlachev          29
    Rakell                   30                30
    Jaskin                   5Euro
    Salomaki               7
    Nermark               8
    Granlund              9
    Bengtsson           10
    Hofmann             11
    Rask                  12

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Available               ranked            Gone Namestnikov           11                  27 Phillips                    15                28 Rattie                    17 Jenner                   18 Saad                      19 Jurco                     20 Jensen                    21 Mayfield                 24 Prince                   26 Khokhlachev          29 Rakell                   30 Jaskin                   5Euro Salomaki               7 Nermark               8 Granlund              9 Bengtsson           10 Hofmann             11 Rask                  12
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    Nicky Jensen just got picked up by the Nucks. They got themselves a good player.

I really like Jenner and Rattie, but both should be gone shortly. In addition to Saad, i really don't know much else about the rest.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Available               ranked            Gone Namestnikov           11                  27 Phillips                    15                28 Rattie                    17 Jenner                   18 Saad                      19 Jurco                     20 Jensen                    21 Mayfield                 24 Prince                   26 Khokhlachev          29 Rakell                   30 Jaskin                   5Euro Salomaki               7 Nermark               8 Granlund              9 Bengtsson           10 Hofmann             11 Rask                  12
    What website's rankings are those? Centrals? Isn't TSN usually more spot-on?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

NHL Rankings

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

lub
    League www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm?cat=1&sort=draftTeam&year=2011">Drafted
    by Team
    www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm?cat=1&sort=overallPick&year=2011">Overall
    Pick No.
    31 28 Ambroz, Seth Right Wing Omaha USHL    
    32 25 Grimaldi, Rocco Center USA U-18 USHL    
    33 69 Edmundson, Joel Defenseman Moose Jaw WHL    
    34 30 Lucia, Mario Left Wing Wayzata HIGH-MN    
    35 47 Noesen, Stefan Right Wing Plymouth OHL  OTT 21
    36 57 Ritchie, Brett Right Wing Sarnia OHL    
    37 43 Catenacci, Daniel Center Sault Ste. Marie OHL    
    38 26 Musil, David Defenseman Vancouver WHL    
    39 37 Bell, Myles Defenseman Regina WHL    
    40 33 Wotherspoon, Tyler Defenseman Portland WHL    
    41 42 Trocheck, Vincent Center Saginaw OHL    
    42 52 Shaw, Logan Right Wing Cape Breton QMJHL    
    43 55 Nieto, Matthew Left Wing Boston University H-EAST    
    44 58 Oke, Scott Left Wing Saint John QMJHL    
    45 61 Clendening, Adam Defenseman Boston University H-EAST  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Central Scouting's Final Rankings, North American Skaters remaining:

17) Ty Rattie, RW
    18) Boone Jenner, C
    19) Brandon Saad, LW
    20) Thomas Jurco, RW
    24) Scott Mayfield, D
    26) Shane Prince, C
    29) Alexander Khokhlachev, LW/C
    31) Seth Ambroz, RW
    32) Rocco Grimaldi, C
    />>>
    38) David Musil, D

Central Scouting's Final Rankings, European Skaters remaining:

5) Dmitri Jaskin, RW
    7) Miikka Salomaki, RW
    8) Joachim Nermark, C
    9) Markus Granlund, C

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I like Clendenning check out his link and fav team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Available               ranked            Gone Namestnikov           11                  27 Phillips                    15                28 Rattie                    17 Jenner                   18 Saad                      19 Jurco                     20 Jensen                    21              29 Mayfield                 24 Prince                   26 Khokhlachev          29 Rakell                   30                30 Jaskin                   5Euro Salomaki               7 Nermark               8 Granlund              9 Bengtsson           10 Hofmann             11 Rask                  12
    Goat, I'd be pleased if Jurco falls into the Bruins lap. The kids got great hands and a nose for the net. I really expected him to go late in the 1st but I'm glad he's still available.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Top un-drafted TSN guys:
    #22 Saad
    #23 Grimaldi
    #25 Rattie
    #26 Jenner
    #29 Jurco

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Yes Dez,

Jurco is a talent, slick and sic, could become a topline sniper. A Slovac that could have help in his adjustment.

He also shares birthday of Ray Bourque and my wife, so that is good company.

I doubt he is available, if we were to get him, I will come back and point out that he was the better talent of his often linemates of Huberdeau #3 and Phillips #28.lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

From the OHL I'm hoping the B's have a shot at taking Brandon Saad, Boone Jenner or Bret Ritchie. Hey Badhab, none one of these players are up for winning the equivalent of the OHL Lady Byng ( Spooner ) or gets the snot kicked out of him when he fights ( Knight ). What do you think of these guys ? Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Some of your perceptions are about as good as the prognosticators that ranked all those who have been passed over. Scheifele rated 41st went 7th, and the Rangers took J.T. Miller, at 15, he was rated 59th by the pundits???  Thankfully we have an experienced Peter Chiarelli, with a re-vamped scouting staff, so let's enjoy his upcoming probabilities.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like Grimaldi, Musil, and Jenner based on what is left.  I hope one of them slips to 40.  That said, there are many here who know the junior prospects much better than me and I (finally) trust the Bruins scouting too.  So, I'll just wait and see and hope for the best.

I saw Grimaldi play this year and hee really is like Gerbe.  He's so quick and his center of gravity is so low, that he gets by just fine being only 5'6, or whatever.  He's super talented and might be worth it no matter how small he looks.  If he was 6'0, he'd be a top 10 pick.  Might be worth the risk at 40.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

At 40, with the luck we've had recently, and witnessing what grit and hard work will get you, I would ABSOLUTELY take Grimaldi.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]I like Grimaldi, Musil, and Jenner based on what is left.  I hope one of them slips to 40.  That said, there are many here who know the junior prospects much better than me and I (finally) trust the Bruins scouting too.  So, I'll just wait and see and hope for the best. I saw Grimaldi play this year and hee really is like Gerbe.  He's so quick and his center of gravity is so low, that he gets by just fine being only 5'6, or whatever.  He's super talented and might be worth it no matter how small he looks.  If he was 6'0, he'd be a top 10 pick.  Might be worth the risk at 40.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch- thanks for the update on Grimaldi, I haven't heard many post about him.  Based on what I've read, he sounds like a pretty exciting pick in Round 2.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If only there were a way to identify those under the radar guys drafted in the 9th round that people are talking about making it to the HOF.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from myoung125. Show myoung125's posts

Alexander Khokhlachev

Left shot - Looks pretty slick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHhui7uZcKk&feature=related

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

TSN rated #44
    Central Scouting: #29 NA
    ISS: #23
    THN: #13

NHL.com Mock Drafts:
    Morreale: #26
    Kimmelman: #29
    Hoffner: not in 1st round
    Persaud: #29

Seems like pretty good value, any OHL followers to share their point-of-view?