Any word on Patrice Bergeron's injury?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Re: Any word on Patrice Bergeron's injury?

no

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Just watched the hit a dozen times, he drops like a sack of potatoes and hits his head hard on the ice.  My guess is that he was out on his skates and when his head hit the ice he woke back up.  It happens occasionally in MMA.  That would be a concussion, it doesn't look good to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Any word on Patrice Bergeron's injury?:
    [QUOTE]Just watched the hit a dozen times, he drops like a sack of potatoes and hits his head hard on the ice.  My guess is that he was out on his skates and when his head hit the ice he woke back up.  It happens occasionally in MMA.  That would be a concussion, it doesn't look good to me.
    Posted by Eric66[/QUOTE]

That's a bit dramatic.  He didn't get hit by a sledge hammer.  He got checked.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Just watched the hit a dozen times, he drops like a sack of potatoes and hits his head hard on the ice.  My guess is that he was out on his skates and when his head hit the ice he woke back up.  It happens occasionally in MMA.  That would be a concussion, it doesn't look good to me.
    Posted by Eric66[/QUOTE]

He fell backward as any person would do with that sort of impact.  He lands on his SHOULDER.  Your story is interesting, but entirely false.

http://video.thescore.com/watch/bergeron-hurt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any word on Patrice Bergeron's injury? : He fell backward as any person would do with that sort of impact.  He lands on his SHOULDER.  Your story is interesting, but entirely false. http://video.thescore.com/watch/bergeron-hurt
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Good Call NAS, hated to watch the replay but had to. Seemed to skate off OK to me. I guess it is just fingers crossed time until we get offical word.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

It was a dive....trying to draw a penalty like the Habs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

[QUOTE]It was a dive....trying to draw a penalty like the Habs
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're a real d!ckhead. Why don't you go take a nap in the center lane of I-93.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

"It was a dive....trying to draw a penalty like the Habs"...totally irrelevant (and I am ironically hoping tongue in cheek) as the only diving the "Habs Of Montreal Out in Seven" are doing right now is in their speedos down at Key West

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

< Back to front page Text size +

Source: Patrice Bergeron has concussion

Posted by Steve Silva, Boston.com Staff May 7, 2011 10:02 AM

E-mail this article

To:
    Invalid email address
    Add a personal message: Your e-mail:
    Invalid email address

Sending your article

Your article has been sent.

Per the Globe's Kevin Paul Dupont via Twitter moments ago: "Not from team, but top source has confirmed Bergeron concussion."

Bergeron was knocked out early in the third period when he was leveled by Flyers right wing Claude Giroux.

Looking woozy and glassy-eyed after getting smacked to the ice in the left circle in the Bruins’ zone, the 25-year-old Bergeron gained his feet after a few seconds and skated slowly but deliberately to the bench.

Without stopping, the dogged center, by far the club’s MVP in the postseason, made his way straight to the dressing room — still under his own power — and was not seen for the rest of the night.

Bergeron lost virtually all of the 2007-08 season due to a severe concussion as the result of a hit from then-Flyers defenseman Randy Jones.

Rookie Tyler Seguin, who hasn’t played yet this postseason for the Bruins, may be called on to substitute for Bergeron.

We'll have more from the Globe reporters on this shortly.

Material from today's On Hockey was used in this report.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

Oh no, super bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any word on Patrice Bergeron's injury? : He fell backward as any person would do with that sort of impact.  He lands on his SHOULDER.  Your story is interesting, but entirely false. http://video.thescore.com/watch/bergeron-hurt
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Watched again.   I still think he was out on his feet.  I just think that if he were conscious when he fell, he wouldn't have hit his head so hard on the ice.  That being said I could easily be wrong.  Doesn't really matter now anyways, he's got a concussion, and that is real bad news.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

watch the video on you tube. the puck is no where to be found he is on his way skating up the ice..

Suspension for geroux?