Any word on Scott's supension?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Any word on Scott's supension?

Is it normal for Shanahan to take this long issuing a suspension after the meeting? Is there something going on behind the scenes that may be causing the delay?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Any word on Scott's supension?

the hearing is today, we should find out by tonight, or possibly tomorrow morning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The meeting is today.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=688532

Note that this means he has already sat 3 games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the hearing is today, we should find out by tonight, or possibly tomorrow morning.

[/QUOTE]

If they push the decision to tomorrow, then it'll be 4 games minimum - Sabres play tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Thanks all. I'm surprised the hearing took so long to have, thought those things were "immediately" or as soon as possible after the incident. At any rate, will be interesting to see what comes of it. Such a disgrace to the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

They play in NY today.  That was the delay.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Seven games.  Business as usual for Shanny, what a joke.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Not a surprise - since it was his first suspension, even if we all think it should be much higher, the NHL for all its bluster isn't really serious about headshots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

7 gms.  What do i win?   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hang. What did you think he deserved. No priors ever.  Im curious?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thought 10 would have fit the crime given it was goon vs. skill player and predatory in nature...just what the league doesn't need.  I would have thrown in another 2 for it happening on national tv too!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm also wondering if the Sabres just say no to Scott.  Dealing Vanek was a big move, maybe they are serious about trying to improve the team for the long term.  I doubt he fits into those plans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I also think the "no priors" is a bunch of BS.  Just because a player doesn't have the history doesn't mean he should be allowed to deliver extremely vicious hits without paying serious consequeces.  But Shanny likes slaps on the wrist so here we are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm also wondering if the Sabres just say no to Scott.  Dealing Vanek was a big move, maybe they are serious about trying to improve the team for the long term.  I doubt he fits into those plans.

[/QUOTE]

I think scott has more of a leadership role there then we think.  National tv shouldnt have anything to do with it.  I think hes terrible for hockey.  But he would have a job in 2 minutes if he were waived.   does st go after him like he did cooke?  I doubt it.  Bring back kessel who treated him exactly like he should have.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If they want to improve for the long term, they'd give Scott more ice time for the next two seasons - grab as many high picks as they can. If they played Scott 20 minutes a game for the next two years their odds of getting McDavid would be as high as they could get. Then he's done his job (making the team suck) and you let him go with a nice bonus.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

You need to step up & make a change at some point. And you need a prime example to use as a guideline as to have the excuse to make that change. Shanny had the perfect example to use as a guideline to make the announcement & not use "no priors" as the excuse not to give more. Shupe you're an RCMP officer. The drinking & driving laws have changed haven't they? Why did they change them? The laws in place was not an enough of a deterent that's why. The league is becoming a total joke in how they suspend the players. And Chara should've gotten something for his hit on Winnik too! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

A joke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You need to step up & make a change at some point. And you need a prime example to use as a guideline as to have the excuse to make that change. Shanny had the perfect example to use as a guideline to make the announcement & not use "no priors" as the excuse not to give more. Shupe you're an RCMP officer. The drinking & driving laws have changed haven't they? Why did they change them? The laws in place was not an enough of a deterent that's why. The league is becoming a total joke in how they suspend the players. And Chara should've gotten something for his hit on Winnik too! 

[/QUOTE]

How about charge them criminally as well?   I have no issue with longer suspensions.  But how do you give this guy the example stick.  Bc he hit a bruin? I have seen much worse.  I think everything about the league is a joke.   I dont think you start with scott as the example.  Start with a star.  Yes chara likely should have gotten something.   But this is a nightly event.   They had numerous opportunities to set the table with repeat guys like cooke torres.  scott got what he deserved.   

as far as criminal code stuff.  DnD Is a joke, the court rooms are a joke, most charges are a joke.  The definition of a joke.  that was my lindy ruff.  sure the courts have changed it up, but criminals are the victims now.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Hate it. 10 should have been the starting point.

What I hate more is all the comparisons to Lucic on Miller. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

7 seems fair,going by past punishments at least, I actually thought it would be 5, maybe 6 since he has no priors.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=473124&lang=en&navid=nhl:topheads

Nothing in the explanation about the hit being predatory.  Shanahan talks about Scott trying to cut Eriksson off from the red-line.  I find that a little surprising.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hate it. 10 should have been the starting point.

What I hate more is all the comparisons to Lucic on Miller. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

[/QUOTE]

You realize scott and the nhlpa likely appeal the 7 gm ruling.  Im not gonna be shocked if its reduced.  You cant just start saying joe smith 10+ gms.  Does marchand get 30 if hes suspended again?   

What if scott steam rolled rask?   50 gms?   

Scott has never been suspended.  Hes a useless tool but has no priors.  

The league is lost on this.  I dont know how they fix it.  Sure harsher suspensions may work.  But is anyone ok losing repreat offender lucic for a playoff series if he is suspended again for a borderline call.  

Its a very hard thing to rule on and i have no idea how they fix it.  Do they take open ice hitting out completely?   put two line passes back in?  Let goalies play the puck to save dmen?   The size and speed of these players combined with opening the game up has really increased head shots.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You realize scott and the nhlpa likely appeal the 7 gm ruling.  Im not gonna be shocked if its reduced.  You cant just start saying joe smith 10+ gms.  Does marchand get 30 if hes suspended again?   

The league is lost on this.  I dont know how they fix it.  Sure harsher suspensions may work.  But is anyone ok losing repreat offender lucic for a playoff series if he is suspended again for a borderline call.  

Its a very hard thing to rule on and i have no idea how they fix it.  Do they take open ice hitting out completely?   put two line passes back in?  Let goalies play the puck to save dmen?   The size and speed of these players combined with opening the game up has really increased head shots.  

[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt be shocked if they revamp the process entirely and set up more of a guidline like set of rules.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt be shocked if they revamp the process entirely and set up more of a guidline like set of rules.

[/QUOTE]

Kelv its obvious the current set up is major fail.  Just about any suggestion we can come up with has flaws.  the prime example is that a lot of people want longer suspensions for repeat offenders.  sounds great until the playoffs come around.  the risks of playing hockey are always gonna be there.  I just hope they dont ruin the game in the process.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Shame on the NHL shame or Shanny ...

TOTAL JOKE 

Sections
Shortcuts