Anybody else think Seguin took a big step last night?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Anybody else think Seguin took a big step last night?

Apparently it was his first multi point game, I wonder if he gets more minutes after that

article on the topic:  Seguin breaks out of slump

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Anybody else think Seguin took a big step last night?

Man I hope so dauber that saucer pass on the fly to Kampfer was a thing of beauty! Just keep building that confidence young Tyler...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Anybody else think Seguin took a big step last night?:
    [QUOTE]Man I hope so dauber that saucer pass on the fly to Kampfer was a thing of beauty! Just keep building that confidence young Tyler...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    It's true that confidence is the key.He needs to feel like he can try things without fear of being benched if it doesn't work out.I think the 2nd half will bring improved numbers for Seguin as long as he gets the opportunity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

I knew the kid could thread needles like that, his goal impressed me more. He read the play really well, made the play to paille and instead of watching it got open, opened himself up and cranked a quick one-t upstairs....special stuff

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Not a big step... but a step in the right direction. Let's hope we see afew more games like that out of him!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Look at Taylor Hall in first 10 games.  He laid an egg.  He picked it up after game 11 or 12, and started scoring in bunches.

Maybe Tyler is ready to start doing the same thing.  Hopefully Julien puts him back with Bergeron and they start pumping them in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Look at Taylor Hall in first 10 games.  He laid an egg.  He picked it up after game 11 or 12, and started scoring in bunches. Maybe Tyler is ready to start doing the same thing.  Hopefully Julien puts him back with Bergeron and they start pumping them in.
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]
    If he could play with Bergeron and Marchand it could work .Recchi hasn't got the wheels to keep up with him anymore.Not a knock on Recchi as a player.It's just a fact he's gotten older.Have Recchi play with Thornton and campbell with some PP time thrown in.Seguin,Bergeron and Marchand should be able to cycle the puck like crazy since they're all so quick.I guess we'll see what CJ has in store for Seguin soon enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Seguin between Horton and Lucic....give it a shot

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

I have never had any doubt Seguin can make things happen when given the chance....been saying this all along....Glad to see his stuff last night.. I don't think it's a confidence issue with him as much as he simply is not getting played enough.  Look at the stats:

Time on ice Among Rookies:

Hall ranked 11th just over 18 mins. per game
    Skinner ranked 23rd just over 16 mins. per game
    Seguin ranked 66th just over 12 mins. per game

IMO, every time I see Seguin on the ice, he creates opportunities.  If you like that dish pass he made last night...go back to that SO loss in TO and see his nice little back handed dish to Campbell for a goal...The kid has tremendous hands....looking forward to alot more to come.....once he's given more of a chance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I'll be happy when he stops going out of his way to avoid contact along the boards and has more takeaways than giveaways.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'll be happy when he stops going out of his way to avoid contact along the boards and has more takeaways than giveaways.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]
    You'll be happy to know he has 7 giveaways and 12 takeaways.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

Had 6 shots on net, a + 2, as someone else pointed out a + 5 on takeaways, I don't know what his faceoff % was. I can't say it was a big step but he was moving forward. I would like to see him on the PP.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

[QUOTE]I have never had any doubt Seguin can make things happen when given the chance....been saying this all along....Glad to see his stuff last night.. I don't think it's a confidence issue with him as much as he simply is not getting played enough.  Look at the stats: Time on ice Among Rookies: Hall ranked 11th just over 18 mins. per game Skinner ranked 23rd just over 16 mins. per game Seguin ranked 66th just over 12 mins. per game IMO, every time I see Seguin on the ice, he creates opportunities.  If you like that dish pass he made last night...go back to that SO loss in TO and see his nice little back handed dish to Campbell for a goal...The kid has tremendous hands....looking forward to alot more to come.....once he's given more of a chance.
    Posted by Number4forever[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I'd be interested to see the powerplay time on ice for both Hall and Skinner as compared to Seguin. I'm certain that they are getting way more of a chance than Tyler is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'd be interested to see the powerplay time on ice for both Hall and Skinner as compared to Seguin. I'm certain that they are getting way more of a chance than Tyler is.
    Posted by mxt[/QUOTE]
    Skinner-113 minutes PP. Hall-89 minutes.Seguin-56 minutes.You're absolutely right.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LARRY1990. Show LARRY1990's posts

[QUOTE]I'd be interested to see the powerplay time on ice for both Hall and Skinner as compared to Seguin. I'm certain that they are getting way more of a chance than Tyler is.
    Posted by mxt[/QUOTE]
    Yes,Yes...Put him on the Power Play. He's obviously their most skilled player. Is there anyone else you have confidence in during their shootouts? I don't think so!! Maybe he's a little weak defensively because he is still young but on PP it's not as important so get him some open ice and let his skills come out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

The big step he took was from along the boards to the middle of the ice where he was born to play...at CENTER. Let Greg Campbell play out of position not the #2 pick and the centerpiece of the franchise's future...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Don't think it was a really big step, because I'm pretty happy with how he's moving along.  It's very obvious he's oozing with offensive potential, but he also needs to learn the pro game.  Some great talents get it sooner than others, some never do.  Comparing Seguin to Hall and some others is unfair at this point.  Seguin is part of a fairly good team with big expectations, and he's not gonna get the keys thrown in his lap like Hall...nor should he.
    He's 18, and still unquestionably a bit overwhelmed.  I like the fact he's used in shoot outs.  It builds his confidence, and showcases his talent.  The physicality of the NHL game isn't going to wait for him to grow into it, so he's got to be brought along slowly.  Appears to me, strength is his biggest issue, and that'll be addressed with another birthday or two.  A successful NHL career is a long road.  Anybody remember Guy LaFleur's first couple years in the NHL?  How about Phil Esposito, Mark Messier, Marcel Dionne ?
    Seguin's coming along nicely.