Anyone else concerned with the speed at which these players are signing deals overseas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsLegion. Show BruinsLegion's posts

Anyone else concerned with the speed at which these players are signing deals overseas?

Not sure why... but I am surprised at how fast these players and signed and ready to get started overseas.

Makes me think they either know something regarding the length of time this is going to take, or plan to not play here at all this year... but I just don't remember this happening the last time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oversea contract speed

I am more concerned with how annoying it is when people use long sentences as subjects.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Anyone else concerned with the speed at which these players are signing deals overseas?

I don't think the players even know as much as we think they know. If you're trying to judge the length of the lockout, either give up, or focus on what the owners/Bettman/Fehr's are doing... or not doing....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsLegion. Show BruinsLegion's posts

Re: Anyone else concerned with the speed at which these players are signing deals overseas?

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I am more concerned with how annoying it is when people use long sentences as subjects.

I know long sentences confuse you... so I'll leave it at that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BruinsLegion's comment:

You know what confuses me?  Your name.  We have a long term, well respected member here who goes by "B's Legion".  How about picking something else?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Totally agree NAS!  BsLegion is a legend on here.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

The sensitivity, whining, and cult like fashion of some of you people is just ridiculous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to matttt87's comment:

The sensitivity, whining, and cult like fashion of some of you people is just ridiculous.

What do you mean, "you people"?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

In response to matttt87's comment:

I assume this is a joke (and if it is I find it rather amusing becuase I know exactly where you're coming from) - otherwise I was referring to the people above who exhibited the traits I spoke of.

What do you mean, "you people"?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Good Tropic Thunder reference

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsLegion. Show BruinsLegion's posts

You know what confuses me?  Your name.  We have a long term, well respected member here who goes by "B's Legion".  How about picking something else?

So it confuses you that a new person creating an account to a blog area would not know who the "legends" are or what their screennames might be?

Again I reiterate...  you get confused easily.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

So it confuses you that a new person creating an account to a blog area would not know who the "legends" are or what their screennames might be?

"Again I reiterate" means you are saying something for the third time.  This is the second time.  Looks like I'm not the one who gets confused by English.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Looks like NAS has done the business of a warm and friendly greeting to a new boarder member, so with that business out of the way... back on topic?

I think that tons of players sining overseas may actually help.  It shows the NHL that the NHLPA can wait even longer than the NHL can, NHL goes out of business the players will find another place to play.

What the heck, I'd like to see the NHL retaliate by hiring the whole of every team in Europe.

At least we'd have hockey.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Goes to show that there's absolutely no trust from either side, for either side that something will be resolved quickly. What a shame.

It's kind of like a business like KIA Motors except they're not closing down, but this is a scenerio. They have a hard time surviving. They get some growth by bringing some engineers to help make a much better product. Increase their revenue's dramitically & now they say they're going to shut down their plants after finally coming around. I honestly do not & cannot see how it's more economical to stop a 3.3 Billion dollar business from operating at all. Then it is to continue to run the business & work on some changes as it goes along. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsLegion. Show BruinsLegion's posts

"Again I reiterate" means you are saying something for the third time.  This is the second time.  Looks like I'm not the one who gets confused by English.

Right, now attempt to make an insult regarding the typo of a missing comma... because you have no actual legitimate defense to what was actually said. I am now fully up to speed on how you operate, well done sir. It's no wonder this board is in such great shape what with legends like yourselves controlling it.

So... I'll be ignoring you from now on because you're ridiculous and a waste of space and moving on to people that actually want to discuss the topics. Have a lovely rest of your life.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsLegion. Show BruinsLegion's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Looks like NAS has done the business of a warm and friendly greeting to a new boarder member, so with that business out of the way... back on topic?

I think that tons of players sining overseas may actually help.  It shows the NHL that the NHLPA can wait even longer than the NHL can, NHL goes out of business the players will find another place to play.

What the heck, I'd like to see the NHL retaliate by hiring the whole of every team in Europe.

At least we'd have hockey.

Absolutely BadHab, such a fabulous greeting.

I think you're right that it gives players a bit of leverage, but I also tend to think the owners are comfortable with a prolonged Lockout if necessary... so the leverage works against the league actually playing.

The other day I was hearing about how the Canadian provinces are suing the NHL regarding the legitimacy of the Lockout in those areas, trying to force them to pay those players.  I found myself thinking... if the players win that suit, wouldn't it be interesting if the NHL decided to make them play if they wanted their money?  Three or four teams having to play themselves in an 82 games schedule to earn their money...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsLegion. Show BruinsLegion's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Goes to show that there's absolutely no trust from either side, for either side that something will be resolved quickly. What a shame.

It's kind of like a business like KIA Motors except they're not closing down, but this is a scenerio. They have a hard time surviving. They get some growth by bringing some engineers to help make a much better product. Increase their revenue's dramitically & now they say they're going to shut down their plants after finally coming around. I honestly do not & cannot see how it's more economical to stop a 3.3 Billion dollar business from operating at all. Then it is to continue to run the business & work on some changes as it goes along. 

I hear you.. but in all honesty, the owners would lose any leverage they have  if they negotiated under the existing CBA.   The players would have no motivation to come to a deal, as they are just operating under the current CBA.  The owners would just keep threatening to Lockout if a deal isn't reached and the players wouldn't move on anything until they followed through on the threat (then you'd also have the nightmare of a partly played season hanging out there).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Theyre signing these deals quicky because they knew a lockout was coming, prepared for it and as soon as the lockout ends they'll come back just as fast. Can't blame them. They want to play and get paid. it's what they do. The bills don't care if theyre is a lockout, they still come.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

not concerned at all....

these players are just heading overseas to stay in shape by playing what they probably perceive as no more than organized pickup games while making good money too....

and i wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys even got the Euro clubs to pay for their families stay also....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm not surprised.  Epecially for the russian players...tax free money is a huge draw.  Plus with the 2014 Olympics coming up its a great show case over there. 

I don't blame the players.  Not one bit.  They get paid to play hockey...so they are going over, staying in shape, having a blast in europe and getting a small pay cheque.  

PS...BruinsL.  Welcome aboard.  NAS is my favorite on here so don't take him to serious unless debating hockey.  He knows his stuff...he will carve anyone at anytime.  I would suggest unblocking him bc he is worth the read 99% of the time.  The 1% of the time you just need to laugh and say its NAS being NAS.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

One thing that makes me laugh is the fact that the players won't agree to a 25% pay cut here in the North America, but will take nickels to play in Europe. 

And BruinsLegion, scroll up and read.  I complained about the absurd headline (something we've discussed here repeatedly).  Your response was to make a statement about me.  So, don't go playing the victim around here when you started the personal attacks.

S*ck it up or beat it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Shupe 99% for NAS is a bit high!  I more inclined to give him a B like 89.  I think I may change my call name from Islamorada to NAS...TY.  Surely BruinsLegion you must be a bit more creative with a call name.  Oh well, keep posting BadHab likes you.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I'm not surprised.  Epecially for the russian players...tax free money is a huge draw.  Plus with the 2014 Olympics coming up its a great show case over there. 

I don't blame the players.  Not one bit.  They get paid to play hockey...so they are going over, staying in shape, having a blast in europe and getting a small pay cheque.  

PS...BruinsL.  Welcome aboard.  NAS is my favorite on here so don't take him to serious unless debating hockey.  He knows his stuff...he will carve anyone at anytime.  I would suggest unblocking him bc he is worth the read 99% of the time.  The 1% of the time you just need to laugh and say its NAS being NAS.

Shuperman - From the NHLers point of view, it is a way to keep in shape and pick up a few $ during the lockpout, but I don't like the fact they are taking ice time from the existing players...

The KHL has an NHL player import rule (3 NHLers per team, one can be a non-native) but I am not sure of any agreements with the SEL or Swiss league etc.

Players in those leagues chose to play there for a variety of reasons - not making it in the NHL or N.A. Leagues is one - but huge dollars is probably not the reason for most players.

Even with the import rule the NHL players will take away ice time at the very least or take their jobs outright in a worst case scenario. Just doesn't seem fair to me.

Perhaps someone can fill me in regards to import limits of some of the other leagues?

Nash and Thornton are both playing for Davos, do they have any limits?

I can also see some disgruntled local player taking cheap shots at some of the NHLers in the name of retribution for taking some of their $$$ too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Im all for players going over seas until they get the cba they feel pays them what they have earned. If you dont agree owell not going to change my mind. I hope the nhl loses an entire season so these greedy owners can get the point that ppl do not come to the arena to see them play. It would be like a strip club owner demanding more money from the dancers when the ppl come to see them. Take the millions upon millions you earn from the hard work of others and deal with the fact greedy isnt going to get you anywhere.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

isla-  If NAS packed it in I likely wouldn't come on here as much.  I respect and enjoy everyones blogs and truly believe that this has to be the most knowledgeable hockey fan base going.  NAS knows his stuff and is entertainment for me.  We also agree on a lot of topics.  The one's we dont(like NHLPA vs NHL) we can hammer each other and still respect each others opinion.  I find too many get sensitive over nothing.

Davi- I don't believe there is an import rule but I could be wrong.  A lot of those teams pay on a weekly basis.  It may have changed but I have played with guys that went to europe and its a shorter season and very very social.  I don't blame the players for getting a free ticket to enjoy new culture.  I'm not concerned about guys losing jobs to other better players.  Supply-Demand.  Are they supposed to feel bad bc they are better?

NAS- What are players to do?  This is a way for the players to continue to play...essentially a training camp over seas.  All I wanna know is your thought on these bone head owners giving huge contracts right up to lock out day and then wanting them all to reduce salary.  How anyone can argue that their side is crazy.  I get the owners own and the players are millionare spoiled babies.  But the players are signing deals made to them by the owners.  How many signed in the last 24hrs before the lockout.  Its crazy.  How can Bettman keep a straight face?

Sections
Shortcuts