Anyone Else Having Trouble with the New Format?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Anyone Else Having Trouble with the New Format?

I find it tedious to read through the posts, thanks to the light-on-light layout and font.  I used to spend 20 or 30 mins reading through posts for fun.  Now I check the B's, Sox, and get out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Anyone Else Having Trouble with the New Format?

I agree.  This new format sucks.  Too much white space.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Its like looking at pepper sprinkled on a bowl of rice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Since I'm not paying anything for it, I tend to just try to cope with what we are being given.

It does not say much, however, that this board was better run in 2005, than present day.

The good news is, the team and the posters have really improved in that same time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I emailed BDC about these forums with concerns tjat traffic will eventually die with the way they have it formatted. The truth is this layout is mickey mouse and done with 0 proffessionalism. Everything about it is wrong, every post says ive blocked the poster and every topic says change or edit. I cant belive that BDC would even consider this change especially at playoff hockey time, bad timing. No we dont pay for it but in the long run we do, were all sports fans and it brings advertisers to the front. I for one being a canadian dontae to various needs that are american,particular to boston. Are there other boards the posters here hang out at ?
    My opinion only counts when I am right

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

I find it tedious to read through the posts, thanks to the light-on-light layout and font.  I used to spend 20 or 30 mins reading through posts for fun.  Now I check the B's, Sox, and get out.

Pure misery.  Who would ever think that light gray letters on a white background was a good idea?  It's not like black letters cost extra.

Idiots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Is Stanley a web developer in real life?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

I emailed BDC about these forums with concerns tjat traffic will eventually die with the way they have it formatted. The truth is this layout is mickey mouse and done with 0 proffessionalism. Everything about it is wrong, every post says ive blocked the poster and every topic says change or edit. I cant belive that BDC would even consider this change especially at playoff hockey time, bad timing. No we dont pay for it but in the long run we do, were all sports fans and it brings advertisers to the front. I for one being a canadian dontae to various needs that are american,particular to boston. Are there other boards the posters here hang out at ?
    My opinion only counts when I am right

I'm curious if there are other forums we could use. too.  Please chime in if you know of any.

It's too easy to spend a bunch of money just to change stuff for the sake of change.  I get that John Henry wants to put his stamp on this, but I fear that we may end up having to pay for the privilege of posting.

So please chime in.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

... but I fear that we may end up having to pay for the privilege of posting.

Are there any genpop forums that charge?  I think this idea is unfounded.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

... but I fear that we may end up having to pay for the privilege of posting.

Are there any genpop forums that charge?  I think this idea is unfounded.

I hope it is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

**Easy Workaround until they fix it.**

Every time you hit enter it seems to double tab down. Once you hit enter and see the cursor has dropped down,  just start hitting backspace to close the gaps.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Each new version of this forum gets worse.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I cant even post in the comment box. Right under where it says "Your Post*" is just blank white space I cant click on.

problem just fixed itself for me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

I'm curious if there are other forums we could use. too.  Please chime in if you know of any.

It's too easy to spend a bunch of money just to change stuff for the sake of change.  I get that John Henry wants to put his stamp on this, but I fear that we may end up having to pay for the privilege of posting.

So please chime in.
    [/QUOTE]

I apparently can't reply now in Chrome, new quirks to these boards on a daily basis.

One other board I've lurked on is the Hockeys Future Bruins board. You have to register and go through a 45-day Rookie period to join (as a Rookie, you can't start new threads or use an avatar) but it looks to be a robust and well-attended board.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15" rel="nofollow">http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15" rel="nofollow">http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Can't post when I'm using Mozilla, but in IE (and IEtab) it seems to work. Still cannot post pictures.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Can't post at all for some reason and reply button does not work,unreal.

In response to MrHulot's comment:

Can't post when I'm using Mozilla, but in IE (and IEtab) it seems to work. Still cannot post pictures.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to socca10's comment:

So please chime in.

I apparently can't reply now in Chrome, new quirks to these boards on a daily basis.

One other board I've lurked on is the Hockeys Future Bruins board. You have to register and go through a 45-day Rookie period to join (as a Rookie, you can't start new threads or use an avatar) but it looks to be a robust and well-attended board.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15" rel="nofollow">http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15" rel="nofollow">http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15" rel="nofollow">http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15" rel="nofollow">http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Yeah, this is a pretty good board.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

This forum is facked,wouldn't let me post all day and then it does just now,might be a good thing though,got some other stuff done but nonetheless very frustrating.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

It is too difficult to establish connections.  At first it was awakward, then gradually I connected.  So to do that all over again is stupid.  BDC is a dead horse.  I will read as long as I it is available.  Reading is the key to learning, discussion is refinement.   Discussions should not be to difficult.  As Christopher Lasch stated, 

"The decline of democratic discourse has come about largely at the hands of the elites, or "talking classes," as Lasch refers to them. Intelligent debate about common concerns has been almost entirely supplanted by ideological quarrels, sour dogma, and name-calling. The growing insularity of what passes for public discourse today has been exacerbated, he says, by the loss of "third places" — beyond the home and workplace — which foster the sort of free-wheeling and spontaneous conversation among citizens on which democracy thrives. Without the civic institutions — ranging from political parties to public parks and informal meeting places — that "promote general conversation across class lines," social classes increasingly "speak to themselves in a dialect of their own, inaccessible to outsiders." In "The Lost Art of Argument," Lasch laments the degradation of public discourse at the hands of a media establishment more committed to a "misguided ideal of objectivity" than to providing context and continuity — the foundation for a meaningful public debate."

• Sections
    Shortcuts