anyone else hear cam neely on 985?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

anyone else hear cam neely on 985?

when asked about a seidenberg return in the playoffs, he didn't really want to comment, but he certainly didn't shoot it down either. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Re: anyone else hear cam neely on 985?

funny how  2 1/2 weeks ago, many felt this team was in trouble unless a big name D replaced DS, and there was widespread concern that PC didn't do nearly enough at the deadline.  Now, a lot of these folks are now suggesting this team is better than last.

Sure would be nice to have DS back.  One of my favorite Bruins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

From the little I have read about this kind of injury, it seems nearly impossible that he would return! Moreover, I've read this kind of injury can haunt pro athletes for years. I'll be happy just to have Seides back to normal for next season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From the little I have read about this kind of injury, it seems nearly impossible that he would return! Moreover, I've read this kind of injury can haunt pro athletes for years. I'll be happy just to have Seides back to normal for next season.

[/QUOTE]

I can speak first hand as to the miraculous nature of knee surgery these days. If it's done right (and with  pro athletes it always is) it's like it never happened once they recover. The short end of the time it takes would place Seids ready to return for a late playoff push. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can speak first hand as to the miraculous nature of knee surgery these days. If it's done right (and with  pro athletes it always is) it's like it never happened once they recover. The short end of the time it takes would place Seids ready to return for a late playoff push. 

[/QUOTE]

My wife had relatively minor knee surgery almost 10 years ago and she still complains about it when I bring up skiing or ice skating or any other semi-strenuous physical activity. And, yes, she is just as tough as Seides (okay perhaps an exaggeration there.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

funny how  2 1/2 weeks ago, many felt this team was in trouble unless a big name D replaced DS, and there was widespread concern that PC didn't do nearly enough at the deadline.  Now, a lot of these folks are now suggesting this team is better than last.

[/QUOTE]

I think "some" felt a big name was needed to replace Seidenberg and there was "some" concern that the B's didn't do enough.

Of course, there were others who were happy with Meszaros.

Since he got hurt, they've gone something like 20-11.  (<-- not exact)

Is it possible that Bruins fans overrate this stay-at-home defenseman...just a bit?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NiftyKJ. Show NiftyKJ's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think "some" felt a big name was needed to replace Seidenberg and there was "some" concern that the B's didn't do enough.

Is it possible that Bruins fans overrate this stay-at-home defenseman...just a bit?

[/QUOTE]

No. His game translates best in the playoffs. DS isn't the type of guy you appreciate in the regular season. That being said, I think Mez will be an adequate replacement now that he is in a more structured defensive system. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure he's over rated... usually. 

It's just that it was so easy for some to point to his injury when the Bruins faltered a tad after he went down.  Kind of like the Campbell stuff last spring.  Regardless if their record goes to 20-20 after DS's injury, a 10 game winning streak at any point in there proves they can still get it done.

And absolutely, "some" is the proper term.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Seidenberg was overrated as much as people generally underrated the ability of the young d-men to step in to Julien's system and play well enough to keep winning regular season games.  I still think DS will be missed in the playoffs, but I also think the best replacement came from within the system/Meszaros, so I'm optimistic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Meszaros has played "big minutes" in the playoffs in the past. That is what "some" wanted replaced. PC got a defenseman, not the same caliber as Dennis, but a guy can who take the pounding that the playoffs will bring.

The bigger concern was the PK after Seidenberg went down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

when asked about a seidenberg return in the playoffs, he didn't really want to comment, but he certainly didn't shoot it down either. 

[/QUOTE]

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Boston-Bruins-still-battling-for-playoffs-after-Dennis-Seidenberg-injury-Blog-75990

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

McGuire learned from friends of Dennis Seidenberg in the Hurricanes organization that the defenseman could return to the ice this season for Boston.

“I was talking with some of their people around the team who are really tight with Seidenberg, and he was actually telling them that there’€™s a chance that he might be back for the playoffs,” McGuire said.

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2014/03/21/pierre-mcguire-on-mm-dennis-seidenberg-might-return-for-playoffs/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

McGuire learned from friends of Dennis Seidenberg in the Hurricanes organization that the defenseman could return to the ice this season for Boston.

“I was talking with some of their people around the team who are really tight with Seidenberg, and he was actually telling them that there’€™s a chance that he might be back for the playoffs,” McGuire said.

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2014/03/21/pierre-mcguire-on-mm-dennis-seidenberg-might-return-for-playoffs/

[/QUOTE]

There's also a chance he could hit Powerball.  I freakin' cannot stand Pierre McGuire.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There's also a chance he could hit Powerball.  I freakin' cannot stand Pierre McGuire.

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that list is long! He looks creepy....remember the look on Rob Rays face when Pierre hugged him? LOL You tube it if you haven't seen it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Even if he were to come back for the Finals, what percentage would he be of himself? At that point, is he a better option than one of the d-man who helped get you there?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Even if he were to come back for the Finals, what percentage would he be of himself? At that point, is he a better option than one of the d-man who helped get you there?

[/QUOTE]

I doubt there is any validity to it.

How would the convo even go down?

P:  Hey Tuomo, howya doing?

T:  Err.  I'm fine.  (pause)  Thanks.

P:  So hey, you were teammates with Seidenberg.  You guys pals?

T:  Yes I was.  He's a good guy.

P:  He say anything about making it back this year

T:  No, not really.

P:  I mean, he hopes to make it back this year, right?

T:  Oh sure.  If there's a chance, he would.  Can you just step back a few feet?

P:  Right Tuomo, but did Seidenberg give any indication that he'd make it back?

T:  I don't know, Pierre.  Sure, I guess.  Can you step back?  I gotta go.

P:  Okay thanks, Tuomo.  I love you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As much as I would like to see him back I feel the same way. If he is not a 100% and game ready for the playoffs then why do it. On the up side his recovery must be going very well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

T:  Oh sure.  If there's a chance, he would.  Can you just step back a few feet?

[/QUOTE]

That's great!

I feel like regis mcguire should be wearing that mask Hannibal Lecter wore and maybe even be chained and pushed around on a hand cart up to the interviewee. I bet they'd feel more comfortable. Creepyass bastage.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's great!

I feel like regis mcguire should be wearing that mask Hannibal Lecter wore and maybe even be chained and pushed around on a hand cart up to the interviewee. I bet they'd feel more comfortable. Creepyass bastage.

[/QUOTE]

He sure is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh0xjmuMUng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5zXLZHGI4

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Great. Now the Bs say they aren't ruling it out (what else would they say?) and all heck breaks loose.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's great!

[/QUOTE]

He sure is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh0xjmuMUng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5zXLZHGI4

[/QUOTE]

I felt bad for Chad Johnson when he had to sit next to him for the Habs game last week.

Sections
Shortcuts