Anyone else read this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Anyone else read this?

I don't know the writer, but sounds like a guy just picking unsigned players and running with it.

"http://www.rantsports.com/nhl/2013/08/06/boston-bruins-rumors-who-else-might-come-to-boston/"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Re: Anyone else read this?

I just did, thanks. Any read on the Bruins at this time of year helps with the bordem of no hockey. I don't know if any of his thoughts have any serious merritt. Saying that Redden and the Bruins have parted ways ( i haven't read this else where ), is a good thing. We are deep on the defence and need to get the young guys going.....Saying that he wouldn't be surprized to see Brendan Morrow in a Bruin jersey didn't make sense. Unless he comes really cheap. Thanks for the read though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

With so many sports sites, the quality is greatly outweighed by the quantity. 

This site seems on par with Bleacher Report for quality.  Stupid articles written by people who watch games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"Here are the top two remaining free agents by offensive production last year.  Bet they could come to Boston!"

Are you not entertained?!?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Would anyone have rather had some one other then iggy that is still available?  I know grabovski is a twirp but man he plays hard.  Not saying i would rather have him.   Just like his speed, skill and grit.   Anyone who can take a pounding like he did with chara and coe back for more is ok in my books.   Mueller is a guy who could have a big year in the right place as well.  Not sure he would fit the bruins mold though.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Would anyone have rather had some one other then iggy that is still available?  I know grabovski is a twirp but man he plays hard.  Not saying i would rather have him.   Just like his speed, skill and grit.   Anyone who can take a pounding like he did with chara and coe back for more is ok in my books.   Mueller is a guy who could have a big year in the right place as well.  Not sure he would fit the bruins mold though.  

Not me.  Grabovski plays hard but he's a center, which we don't need, and he never really seems to play with his linemates, IMO.  All personal effort and some good production, but doesn't seem like he meshes well.  I watched Mueller in Denver a fair amount and was never impressed.  I don't think he really recovered from the concussions and he is one hard check away from being Savard's caddy on the Pro-Am.  I think the B's got the right guy, especially if filling Horton's shoes (production and position) was the objective.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Not me.  Grabovski plays hard but he's a center, which we don't need, and he never really seems to play with his linemates, IMO.  All personal effort and some good production, but doesn't seem like he meshes well.  I watched Mueller in Denver a fair amount and was never impressed.  I don't think he really recovered from the concussions and he is one hard check away from being Savard's caddy on the Pro-Am.  I think the B's got the right guy, especially if filling Horton's shoes (production and position) was the objective.

Anyone else on that list of ufa that you may want though.   I just tagged two centers who i think can be productive depending where they land.  I think iggy will do well and likely is the best fit.  What if iggys money could land a top 6 and 3rd line winger?   Maybe not as big a name.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fletch i will throw an example.  

Brunner on a 3 year x 4.5.  

Larose 2 year x 1.2.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Fletch i will throw an example.  

Brunner on a 3 year x 4.5.  

Larose 2 year x 1.2.  

Yeah, I don't know.  They could be good options.  Book touched on this, but it seems like the Bruins (under the PC-Neely regime) effectively strive for some balance of youth and experience.  The Seguin trade got Eriksson, which was great, but you have to think it could have brought back another veteran or roster player if they wanted that.  Instead they got the sampler of high end prospects.  At almost the same time, Iginla is signed.  I think those moves sort of balance eachother in bringing in the veteran talent that will be needed for 2013-14, and also bringing in the future prospects that might help compensate losing a very young, very talented piece like Seguin.  A blending of current needs with tomorrow's needs.

So I don't know exactly why Iginla is here instead of your proposals for Brunner/Larose, but it sure seems like a balanced roster is being assembled at the same time as giving the 2013-14 team the pieces they need.  I think Eriksson and Iginla will cover the loss of Horton and Seguin pretty well.  And the issue of "getting older" by dealing Seguin could be negated with Smith/Fraser/Morrow joining our prospects...    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Iginla's money is $1.8M plus bonuses, with a minimum cap hit of about $3.5, I think.  The rest will probably get pushed to next year with the bonus cushion.  I don't think Brunner and Larose at $3.5 is likely, and neither is 35+. 

Brunner's situation is interesting.  Seems like the Wings have walked away from a guy who had a pretty credible first NHL season number-wise.  Also seems like the rest of the league aren't interested in a 27 yr old who dominated in Switzerland despite credible NHL numbers.  Don't you have to ask yourself why?  Wings brought in an aging Alfredsson (Bruins may have dodged a bullet from what I saw last year) and a returning-from-injury Weiss to replace Brunner and Cleary. 

shupe, why would you give a guy who got $1.3 last year 3 years at Marchand money for half a year at less than Marchand performance, especially when he's a 27 yr old rookie?  Who are you bidding against?

Mueller looks to be pretty close to out of chances.  Somebody's going to get a motivated Grabovski.  I'm surprised that the Isles and Jackets are letting Boyes and Prospal walk, respectively.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Mueller is a guy who could have a big year in the right place as well.  Not sure he would fit the bruins mold though.  

He's soft.  So so so so so so so soft.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Mueller is a guy who could have a big year in the right place as well.  Not sure he would fit the bruins mold though.  

Isnt he american?   why do american players all have an attitude?  Like a i am better then you.  Kessel, kesler, kane mueller, jack johnson, chelios, jr, american brett hull, tt come to mind.  Like spoiled brats?   

Go Canada Go.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Iginla's money is $1.8M plus bonuses, with a minimum cap hit of about $3.5, I think.  The rest will probably get pushed to next year with the bonus cushion.  I don't think Brunner and Larose at $3.5 is likely, and neither is 35+. 

Brunner's situation is interesting.  Seems like the Wings have walked away from a guy who had a pretty credible first NHL season number-wise.  Also seems like the rest of the league aren't interested in a 27 yr old who dominated in Switzerland despite credible NHL numbers.  Don't you have to ask yourself why?  Wings brought in an aging Alfredsson (Bruins may have dodged a bullet from what I saw last year) and a returning-from-injury Weiss to replace Brunner and Cleary. 

shupe, why would you give a guy who got $1.3 last year 3 years at Marchand money for half a year at less than Marchand performance, especially when he's a 27 yr old rookie?  Who are you bidding against?

Mueller looks to be pretty close to out of chances.  Somebody's going to get a motivated Grabovski.  I'm surprised that the Isles and Jackets are letting Boyes and Prospal walk, respectively.

Book,

just playing with numbers.   Rumors have him wanting 5.  He had a very good year and is 27.  Its likely why hes waiting.  He comes from an excellent system in detroit.  Hes gonna get paid.  If he were a 22 year old player id agree.  But someone will pay for his services.   lots of teams with cap space to land him.   I always bring the nyi up bc they need some more fire power and have the cap money.   If it were a 3 million dollar type offer he would have already signed.  Dont ya think?

as for mueller i agree.  Hes running out of time and chances.   I think he will find a cheap deal on a one year contract and then possibly cash in.  He hasnt shown much but so gifted with amazing hands.  

Im not saying i dont love the iggy deal.   Just seeing what others think.  They could have signed ryder for 6 m a year and the homers here would find a way to defend it.  

Fletch...i think iggy will out produce horton.   I think seguin will out produce loui.  Just a hunch.  Seguins goals and pts will be as meaningless as kovalchuk in atlanta or kessel in toronto but seguin is gonna get major ice with benn.   I think he will score lots.  But again all the ra ra seguin lovers have turned on him.  This is a weird little place.   One week no way in heck do you deal him for top picks and a player.   Next week hes a bboozing bum who is a never was.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Isnt he american?   why do american players all have an attitude?  Like a i am better then you.  Kessel, kesler, kane mueller, jack johnson, chelios, jr, american brett hull, tt come to mind.  Like spoiled brats?   

Go Canada Go.  

It is surprising.  Add guys like Wheeler and Tkachuk to that list as well.

Of course, they make up a small portion of the NHL.  Clearly Canadians rule the league.  I think it was the players that caused multiple work stoppages in part because they refused to play for millions of dollars.

Go Canada Go.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Go Canada Go.  

It is surprising.  Add guys like Wheeler and Tkachuk to that list as well.

Of course, they make up a small portion of the NHL.  Clearly Canadians rule the league.  I think it was the players that caused multiple work stoppages in part because they refused to play for millions of dollars.

Go Canada Go.

You are the best.  

USA. A OK

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Go Canada Go.  

In the US, we have the "Star Spangled Banner" but also "My Country 'Tis of Thee" and "America The Beautiful".

In Canada, you have "O Canada" and THIS.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Isnt he american?   why do american players all have an attitude?  Like a i am better then you.  Kessel, kesler, kane mueller, jack johnson, chelios, jr, american brett hull, tt come to mind.  Like spoiled brats?   

Go Canada Go.  

I'm a big fan, but none of these come close in this department to Crosby.

"American" Brett Hull. Thats beautiful Shupe.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Canada also has "God Save the Queen".  The US also has this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxCSSzb0I9o

shupe - I'm not sure what to think about Brunner.  For one thing, he's not a Wings pick who grew up in their system; he's more of a Soderberg who has spent the majority of his career playing in a 1A European league and putting up good numbers that attracted an offer to play in the NHL.  He was never drafted.  He hasn't been in their system for years.  And they're walking away from him because they signed Weiss and Alfredsson, and he's not as big a part of their future as Nyqvist.  The winged wheel thanks you for your service.  But I do wonder why they're so willing to let him go so easily - is it just cash?

Not much news on him lately.  If he's asking 5, it's because he wants to go back to being a star in the Swiss-A.  I don't think anyone has offered him $3M, and I don't know if they will.  No one will offer him $5M unless they're desperate.  Very. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In the US, we have the "Star Spangled Banner" but also "My Country 'Tis of Thee" and "America The Beautiful".

You realize that's just "God Save the Queen," one of our anthems, with the words changed, right? They just took the music and changed some words.

And I think "Maple Leaf Forever" stands up there too, but even as a Canuck I get goosebumps when I hear Ray Charles' version of America the Beautiful.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Isnt he american?   why do american players all have an attitude?  Like a i am better then you.  Kessel, kesler, kane mueller, jack johnson, chelios, jr, american brett hull, tt come to mind.  Like spoiled brats?   

Go Canada Go.  

I'm a big fan, but none of these come close in this department to Crosby.

"American" Brett Hull. Thats beautiful Shupe.

Crosby is a fantastic person off the ice.  He is so humble its scary.  Hes not cocky at all.  He always shows up at kids practices during the lockout for fun.  No publicity no nothing.  He gives like no other player ive witnessed.   On the ice i agree.   Off it there is no one better.   Marchand on the other hand is total classless.  Turfed from a bar downtown for urinating under the bar, gives none of his time to the program he grew up in.  

Canadian Brett Hull was a good lad.  Hung around chelios and jr too much.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Canada also has "God Save the Queen".  The US also has this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxCSSzb0I9o

shupe - I'm not sure what to think about Brunner.  For one thing, he's not a Wings pick who grew up in their system; he's more of a Soderberg who has spent the majority of his career playing in a 1A European league and putting up good numbers that attracted an offer to play in the NHL.  He was never drafted.  He hasn't been in their system for years.  And they're walking away from him because they signed Weiss and Alfredsson, and he's not as big a part of their future as Nyqvist.  The winged wheel thanks you for your service.  But I do wonder why they're so willing to let him go so easily - is it just cash?

Not much news on him lately.  If he's asking 5, it's because he wants to go back to being a star in the Swiss-A.  I don't think anyone has offered him $3M, and I don't know if they will.  No one will offer him $5M unless they're desperate.  Very. 

I agree.  He had one good year.  But he wants large coin.  If it was a 3 m dollar deal i think he would be a deal.  His speed is top notch.  I think detroit had bigger fish to fry.  Datsyuk, weiss and alfie.  They need to nab a dman as well and are up against the cap.   Tootoo being rumored to be on the outs.   

I agree with everything youve explained.  I still think hes north of 3m when all is said and done.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Go Canada Go.  

I liked Jim Carrey's version of this guy better than the real guy. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

You realize that's just "God Save the Queen," one of our anthems, with the words changed, right? They just took the music and changed some words.

Yes, I am fully aware that Canada is owned by England.  England used to own this land also.  We decided we didn't want to be owned by a chair on the other side of the ocean and that we were capable of doing things on our own.  We asked them to leave.

Jealous of our strength, some of your guys snuck over the border, ran to DC and burned down the White House when no one was looking.

We stayed our own country.  You remained property.

And to this day, the USA is an entity in itself, an autonomous nation.  Canada?  An asset.

Of everything that has been produced in Canada since the white man stole it from the Eskimos/Inuits, nothing can compare to this:

The Boss

(If anyone tells me that isn't awesome, I will internet karate fight you right now.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Yes, I am fully aware that Canada is owned by England.  England used to own this land also.  We decided we didn't want to be owned by a chair on the other side of the ocean and that we were capable of doing things on our own.  We asked them to leave.

Jealous of our strength, some of your guys snuck over the border, ran to DC and burned down the White House when no one was looking.

We stayed our own country.  You remained property.

And to this day, the USA is an entity in itself, an autonomous nation.  Canada?  An asset.

Of everything that has been produced in Canada since the white man stole it from the Eskimos/Inuits, nothing can compare to this:

The Boss

(If anyone tells me that isn't awesome, I will internet karate fight you right now.)

And the backbone of USA was built on the back of black slaves.   For a large portion of those states they still believe the rebel flag rules.   Luckily places like canada evolved enough to realize that you dont use, cheat and hurt other people to get on top.   KKK not A OK.  

Sections
Shortcuts