Anyone else see this last night??(Goalies only)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Anyone else see this last night??(Goalies only)

I was at the game last night 3 rows behind the B's net. During warm ups right before they leave the ice alot of the players were in front of Tuuka passing back and forth with some shooting on Tuuka, purposely hitting him and getting the rebound etc, a common warm up routine..So Ryder who is about 2 feet from Tuuka takes a shot and his stick gets caught in Tuukas shirt. he pulls and pulls to the point where the pull caused Tuuka to jerk forward. Ryders stick releases and Tuuka gets up and chops him on the shoulder. looked harmless and I thought it was playful until they are leaving the ice and Ryder skates over to him. Tuuka motioned to under his shirt and ryder just gave him a dirty look. Couldnt see Tuukas face obviously but the reaction of Ryder gave me the impression Tuuka was mad at him..funny to watch..

Now before you guys start saying what a baby Tuuka is and I know he threw his stick  a couple of weeks ago in practice, then in a game and then motioned to seidenberg, I know alot of you here play hockey and as a goalie we have a name for some you. We refer to you as Warm Up All-Stars. Theres always one idiot in warm ups who is off to the side while your looking at the guy coming in and he rifles one off your head. Or he comes in and tries to deke the goalie. I've even seen some raise their stick, cause lets face it, thats the only goal they're getting tonight. For you fellow goalies in here, i've found a solution. Totally ignore him in warm ups then on his last shot square up to him, save it and as he's skating along the boards fire it at his head. He'll get the message.
    Totally off subject, and only fellow goalies will understand so sorry for the ramble.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Re: Anyone else see this last night??(Goalies only)

Just proves to me that Ryder is the jerk I already think he is.  Maybe Tuuka is a little intense but I like that he has some fire.  That is not something Glyder would know anything about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

occasionally i get hit up high in warmups and it p***es me off, its a warm up for me the goalie hitting me up high is obnoxious i dont blame rask at all

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

When I was playing I just tried to get through warmups without injury.  That was back in the day when we thought Higgins' masks were the best in the world and our cotton arm pads were armor.  The Warm Up All Star Idiots would blast away from in tight, either hitting you high, bruising an arm or elbow, and/or completely making it impossible to warm up.  I had fans think I wasn't playing some nights because I took so few warmups.  I was trying to make it to the opening puck drop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rask is a baby.  Oh, Ryder got his stick caught in the sweater.  Might as well have a conip, throw his stick then bolt to the bench to hurl stuff on the ice.

Settle down, Young Second String Goalie.  You have no clout to do anything but hope you get better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else see this last night??(Goalies only):
    [QUOTE]Rask is a baby.  Oh, Ryder got his stick caught in the sweater.  Might as well have a conip, throw his stick then bolt to the bench to hurl stuff on the ice. Settle down, Young Second String Goalie.  You have no clout to do anything but hope you get better.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    He has more clout than Ryder on this team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Anyone else see this last night??(Goalies only):
    [QUOTE]I was at the game last night 3 rows behind the B's net. During warm ups right before they leave the ice alot of the players were in front of Tuuka passing back and forth with some shooting on Tuuka, purposely hitting him and getting the rebound etc, a common warm up routine..So Ryder who is about 2 feet from Tuuka takes a shot and his stick gets caught in Tuukas shirt. he pulls and pulls to the point where the pull caused Tuuka to jerk forward. Ryders stick releases and Tuuka gets up and chops him on the shoulder. looked harmless and I thought it was playful until they are leaving the ice and Ryder skates over to him. Tuuka motioned to under his shirt and ryder just gave him a dirty look. Couldnt see Tuukas face obviously but the reaction of Ryder gave me the impression Tuuka was mad at him..funny to watch.. Now before you guys start saying what a baby Tuuka is and I know he threw his stick  a couple of weeks ago in practice, then in a game and then motioned to seidenberg, I know alot of you here play hockey and as a goalie we have a name for some you. We refer to you as Warm Up All-Stars. Theres always one idiot in warm ups who is off to the side while your looking at the guy coming in and he rifles one off your head. Or he comes in and tries to deke the goalie. I've even seen some raise their stick, cause lets face it, thats the only goal they're getting tonight. For you fellow goalies in here, i've found a solution. Totally ignore him in warm ups then on his last shot square up to him, save it and as he's skating along the boards fire it at his head. He'll get the message. Totally off subject, and only fellow goalies will understand so sorry for the ramble.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

A defenseman, but I know where you're coming from.  I like to play "pepper" with a goalie if we are out alone, just get in tight with a bunch of pucks and take little snap shots.

Yes, the rule is not to dent the goalie in warm ups.  There have been times when pucks have gotten away from me  and high glove ended up dead in in the mask.

A golden rule of my own - and this goes to another sport that I did at a reasonably elite level - never ever never goof around in warmups in any way shape or manner and never ever never interact with any fans in any way in any how.

Let's just call all that screwing around.

If you do, if you screw around even just a little - you head isn't in it.  You don't have focus.

Screwing around means you got distracted too easily.

Also, something like that, you're messing with your team mate's head.

A lot of guys I know would have sorted you out in a hurry if you did  that to them at practice.

Also, little stupid stuff like that can get people hurt.

I already had a low opinion of Ryder, now it went down a few pegs more.

NAS - no offence dude, but have you ever played any sports at a serious level?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiz33. Show chiz33's posts

My solution has always been making those dummies put the gear on just once.  After years in nets that finished at the Allan Cup level I now do what most seasoned goalies do...play forward.  However I am the best guy to warm up our goalies in our league because it's one shot mid glove, one shot mid blocker and the rest are at the pads or soft/easy glove side.  Important to see the puck in warm up and definitely get a "feel" for it and not be dented by it!!!!  Long live the keeper of the cage!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Anyone else see this last night??(Goalies only) : A defenseman, but I know where you're coming from.  I like to play "pepper" with a goalie if we are out alone, just get in tight with a bunch of pucks and take little snap shots. Yes, the rule is not to dent the goalie in warm ups.  There have been times when pucks have gotten away from me  and high glove ended up dead in in the mask. A golden rule of my own - and this goes to another sport that I did at a reasonably elite level - never ever never goof around in warmups in any way shape or manner and never ever never interact with any fans in any way in any how. Let's just call all that screwing around. If you do, if you screw around even just a little - you head isn't in it.  You don't have focus. Screwing around means you got distracted too easily. Also, something like that, you're messing with your team mate's head. A lot of guys I know would have sorted you out in a hurry if you did  that to them at practice. Also, little stupid stuff like that can get people hurt. I already had a low opinion of Ryder, now it went down a few pegs more. NAS - no offence dude, but have you ever played any sports at a serious level?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I had one guy who every warm up every shot was ear level. Asked him to keep it down..Continued so after his first shot, which buzzed my ear then hit glass I took the first puck and flung it at him as he skated away. It hit his shoulder, he turned came at me yelling what the F..Funny, after all the shots he's taken at my head, it took only 1 at him for it to be an issue..Told him  asking didn't work and if he does it again, I'll do it again, we'll see who has better aim...hasn't been a problem since.
    Pick all the corners you want, heck live out your failed high school dreams while we are stretching. When we get in the cage, it's our warm up time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else see this last night??(Goalies only) : I had one guy who every warm up every shot was ear level. Asked him to keep it down..Continued so after his first shot, which buzzed my ear then hit glass I took the first puck and flung it at him as he skated away. It hit his shoulder, he turned came at me yelling what the F..Funny, after all the shots he's taken at my head, it took only 1 at him for it to be an issue..Told him  asking didn't work and if he does it again, I'll do it again, we'll see who has better aim...hasn't been a problem since. Pick all the corners you want, heck live out your failed high school dreams while we are stretching. When we get in the cage, it's our warm up time.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I'd guess the skater with the skater's stick would have better aim.  This story doesn't make sense.  Yeah, you showed him (in theory).  You took a shot with a goalie stick and hit him in the shoulder. 

This is as bad as 32 minutes and waiters with tables.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else see this last night??(Goalies only) : I'd guess the skater with the skater's stick would have better aim.  This story doesn't make sense.  Yeah, you showed him (in theory).  You took a shot with a goalie stick and hit him in the shoulder.  This is as bad as 32 minutes and waiters with tables.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I will accept that.

But screwing around during warm ups is utterly unprofessional.

A vaguely similar thing during warm ups in my h.s. jayvee days had our coach have ascreamng fit in the locker room.

Rightly so.

Again, it shows that you are not taking what you are doing seriously.   It shows that you are not focusing.

I've never seen anything like that in pro or elite college, yah players might share a laugh if something happens, but nobody does anything intentionally goofing off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else see this last night??(Goalies only):[QUOTE]Just proves to me that Ryder is the jerk I already think he is.  Maybe Tuuka is a little intense but I like that he has some fire.  That is not something Glyder would know anything about. Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

Amplified, the sooner this clown is out of Boston the better. Hopefully he and Julien will be on the Island or in Florida together next season. All he had to do after the first time he tried to get his stick out of Tuukka's jersey is stop after he realized it was stuck.

Glyder will probably get 20 goals before the regular season ends then he'll be defended again on this board. Kaberle's feed to Mike then wiff on an open net last night pretty much sums up Glyder "shoulder shrug oh well I missed".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

How about taking this whole thing at face value?
    In the midst of the season's worst losing streak.
    And Ryder is goofing around with Rask in warmups.
    I think Rydes should spend a little time in the press box.

Sections
Shortcuts