Anyone else suffering from major withdrawal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flameurass. Show Flameurass's posts

Anyone else suffering from major withdrawal?

Still smiling about The Cup and will be for a long time but I have to admit, a week on, I'm suffering from serious B's withdrawal! 

Draft talk and awards programs just ain't doing it for me. I've tried to tune into the Sox but it's about as exciting as watching lawn bowling compared to playoff hockey. Thought my life was reasonably interesting as it was but got used to waking up every 2-3 days anticipating the big showdown that night. Maybe I need to take up skydiving or something.

Anyone else having this problem?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Anyone else suffering from major withdrawal?

Honestly, not really.  I get what you are saying and I'm excited about watching the draft, but this playoff run was so long, intense, and draining that I am actually enjoying the break.  I think I actually watched every single game this year and the playoffs were emotionally exhausting.  I need a little break.

Watching the draft and checking in on the message board is just fine for me for the next month or two.  When training camp starts up, I'll be ready for it.  Right now, I'm still enjoying the memories and the down time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukin. Show lukin's posts

I am having a hard time mainly because there is nothing to do every other night.  For 2 months I had plans.  Now I have none.  I guess it's back to being a dad. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pellzy. Show Pellzy's posts

It was great getting to see the Bs every other night (I live in TN so it is rare that I get to see them) and my boys loved it but it is nice having my nights back for my whole family again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

A little bit. Thankfully I have some of the game recorded so I watch a period here or there and that helps.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

I'm honestly exhausted from it all. I can't wait for the draft just so I can move on from the Tim Thomas & the media circle jerk that is going on.

I loved 2011, great season.. but I'm already over it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from horton18. Show horton18's posts

yes!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else suffering from major withdrawal?:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, not really.  I get what you are saying and I'm excited about watching the draft, but this playoff run was so long, intense, and draining that I am actually enjoying the break.  I think I actually watched every single game this year and the playoffs were emotionally exhausting.  I need a little break. Watching the draft and checking in on the message board is just fine for me for the next month or two.  When training camp starts up, I'll be ready for it.  Right now, I'm still enjoying the memories and the down time.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I couldn't have said it any better myself Fletch. I think I drove my wife crazy for 2 straight months, but she knows how serious I take my hockey. I ended up watching half the games at a bar. I am also emotionally exhausted & could use the break ( mind you its a short offseason this year) I swear , I felt like I was in heartattack mode for 2 months. I intend on gloating all summer long with a perma smile on my face.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else suffering from major withdrawal?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else suffering from major withdrawal? : I couldn't have said it any better myself Fletch. I think I drove my wife crazy for 2 straight months, but she knows how serious I take my hockey. I ended up watching half the games at a bar. I am also emotionally exhausted & could use the break ( mind you its a short offseason this year) I swear , I felt like I was in heartattack mode for 2 months. I intend on gloating all summer long with a perma smile on my face.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  First time in my life my wife was suggesting I watch the games at the bar instead of at home...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I agree Fletch, it was draining but I really miss looking forward to the games...Listening to the radio at work and knowing the game wason that night got me through many long days...Now what? The red Sox?? How many of you during a bruins playoff game when the commercials came you would flip to the Red Sox and be yelling at the TV "PITCH THE DAMN BALL!!!" ....It is such a contrast to go from one to the other.

Sections
Shortcuts