Anyone from Ohio? Carter Camper of the Miami Redhawks signs with the Bs.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Anyone from Ohio? Carter Camper of the Miami Redhawks signs with the Bs.

http://bruinsblog.projo.com/2011/04/free-agent-camp.html

"Camper, 22, a right-shooting center with soft hands, isn't a great skater, but scored over 40 points in all four of his seasons in college. The native of Rocky River, Ohio, is 5-foot-9 and 173 pounds."

I watched a few RedHawk games this year he's pretty good anyone have anymore insight on him ? Book isn't going to like this another College player LoL!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Anyone from Ohio? Carter Camper of the Miami Redhawks signs with the Bs.

I went to Miami-Ohio, long before Camper was there, so I follow them pretty closely.  Camper has been a complete stud in college, but he also seems like a real college-type player (small, shifty, not very physical, etc.).

So it's a tough one.  He could be a Darrin Haydar type who never gets out of the AHL despite starring in college as a little guy, or maybe he becomes an Andy MacDonald type who thrives with more skilled competition and can overcome physical limitations.

I like the signing though, you don't have to use a draft pick or a trade to get a guy who is immediately among the Bruins best college prospects.  He's certainly the only one to be Hobey Baker nominated and among the top ten in NCAA scoring.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Camper, 22, a right-shooting center with soft hands, isn't a great skater
    s 5-foot-9 and 173 pounds."

Hamil V2?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I know nothing about him, but it seems like a very uphill battle for a small guy who can't skate well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Anyone remember how Jeff Skinner was described? little guy who isn't a great skater. I'm not sayin Camper is Skinner round 2 or anything, but he has unreal stick skills, creativity, and vision...great signing, what do the Bs have to lose

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

How can PC let guys like Bobby Butler last year walk out of New England to turn around and play first line on an NHL team for nickles on the dollar?  I hope this is a changing of the guard for the b's when it comes to college free agents.  Granted, butler plays on a terrible team, but he has the raw talent to play with a guy like spezza in his rookie year, I wouldn't be opposed to a guy like that in our system!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

he could be the next Stan Jonathan...just kidding. I agree, why not bring him in and see what he can do with better competition...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Prefer if he became next St. Louis

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Funny story I was watching a game Miami-Ohio and the play by play guy kept on naming the Miami players;  Wideman, Camper and Neely. 
    Not to sure of the spelling but they were all pronounced like the Bruin players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone from Ohio? Carter Camper of the Miami Redhawks signs with the Bs.:
    [QUOTE]Funny story I was watching a game Miami-Ohio and the play by play guy kept on naming the Miami players;  Wideman, Camper and Neely.  Not to sure of the spelling but they were all pronounced like the Bruin players.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too.  They've got a Schilling on that team too.  The 'Neely' sounding guy is actually Andy Miele (pronounced to rhyme with Neely though).  He's actually the front runner to win the Hobey Baker and was the NCAA scoring leader for the season.  Can't remember who he belongs to though. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone from Ohio? Carter Camper of the Miami Redhawks signs with the Bs.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone from Ohio? Carter Camper of the Miami Redhawks signs with the Bs. : I noticed that too.  They've got a Schilling on that team too.  The 'Neely' sounding guy is actually Andy Miele (pronounced to rhyme with Neely though).  He's actually the front runner to win the Hobey Baker and was the NCAA scoring leader for the season.  Can't remember who he belongs to though. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

LOL  thanks.  It really sounded like Neely. Miami had a pretty good team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PheltSaucier. Show PheltSaucier's posts

He's from Rocky River, near where I grew up. He played in Juniors instead of high school and his whole family are pretty good at hockey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

[QUOTE]How can PC let guys like Bobby Butler last year walk out of New England to turn around and play first line on an NHL team for nickles on the dollar?  I hope this is a changing of the guard for the b's when it comes to college free agents.  Granted, butler plays on a terrible team, but he has the raw talent to play with a guy like spezza in his rookie year, I wouldn't be opposed to a guy like that in our system!
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

because the choice was Butler's and not Chiarelli's. Offer was there, I dont blame the kid for signing w/ a team that will give him ice time. You cant really out bid other teams w/ the rookie cap so the elite FA college kids can pick their club more or less.