Anyone Know Why Kaberle Wanted to Come to Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Anyone Know Why Kaberle Wanted to Come to Boston?

OK, I've read everywhere that Kaberle told Burke he wanted to play for Boston... Burke admitted it today and TK said it to Fukiyama (I know thats not her real spelling), any insight as to why?

Kinda refreshing to be the #1 destination.  Because DK speaks his language??  Any insight?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Anyone Know Why Kaberle Wanted to Come to Boston?

He and Chara workout together in the offseason. Stanley Cup contenders. Those are the two I think of.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Also there was talk after the last Olympics that Kaberle may switch allegiances to the Slovakia national team. This would be great practice for the next three years for the Slovak's top pairing.

Add in Krejki and Valabik, you have a strong group of players on the B's who all speak the same language from birth.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Well, almost the same language.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I also heard somewhere that TK & DK are actually friends. I mean, I know they are both from czech republic but I think they are close.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Anyone Know Why Kaberle Wanted to Come to Boston?:
    [QUOTE]OK, I've read everywhere that Kaberle told Burke he wanted to play for Boston... Burke admitted it today and TK said it to Fukiyama (I know thats not her real spelling), any insight as to why? Kinda refreshing to be the #1 destination.  Because DK speaks his language??  Any insight?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Czech = Krejci + Chara + Valabik and of course the main reason is I am not the only one who sees the BRUINS as Stanley Cup champs for 3 years in a row

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone Know Why Kaberle Wanted to Come to Boston?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Anyone Know Why Kaberle Wanted to Come to Boston? : Czech = Krejci + Chara + Valabik and of course the main reason is I am not the only one who sees the BRUINS as Stanley Cup champs for 3 years in a row Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Stanley, I thought the Bruins were only going to with the cup if Big Wheel stayed.  Is this no longer true?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

So thats it?  Language and a couple friends?  Not dismissing the "contender" angle but the same could be said for several teams in the league.  By all accounts he was pretty clear about where he wanted to go and it sounded like the list was one team long.  Still interesting, I think.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

[QUOTE]I also heard somewhere that TK & DK are actually friends. I mean, I know they are both from czech republic but I think they are close.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

Good.  DK needs a new best friend on the team.  When Nakou asked him about  Wheeler getting traded...he said "Blake was my roomate and my best friend on the team", then got all sad looking, I thought he was going to start crying.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Maybe he also believes the Bruins have a shot at making the finals this year, too... along with everything else, that's a pretty good move for him - and the Bs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sure its a lot of things. When I was going through college recruitment stuff the thing my junior coach said was "go to the school that wants you the most." I'm sure that was a factor. I'm sure he wanted to play with Chara, it makes him a better player. I'm sure he likes the city, who doesn't. And yes, he wants to play for a contender.
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

I bet one recruiter was right on the phone after your big game.

"Hey, GM, yeah listen.  I've been watching this kid.  He's pretty good, but you won't believe it.  He just got 33 minutes in penalties based on arguing off sides.  Let's try to lock him in tonight, ok?"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan07. Show BostonFan07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Anyone Know Why Kaberle Wanted to Come to Boston? : Czech = Krejci + Chara + Valabik and of course the main reason is I am not the only one who sees the BRUINS as Stanley Cup champs for 3 years in a row Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

You do know that Chara's Slovak right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

I heard that he wanted to come to play w/ Wheeler so he could definitely win the next 427 Cups.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

I had a chance talk with two scouts, one was for the Sharks the other was for the 'yotes. They both said it is the opinion of many in the league that Boston is one of five or six in the league that have the best chances to win the cup in the next 3-5 years. Even though PC is not always liked around here these guys said alot of agents like the way PC does business and they push their clients toward GMs like him. I talked to them in Raliegh a couple of weeks ago, and they had a few beers in them, so I don't know if they were pulling my leg or what. Either way Tomas will have a shot here, way before Burke gets the laffs in contention, that and a few Czechs on the team probably helped him make up his mind.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

On this morning's Fan 590 sportscast the played a tape of one of their people who interviewed Kaberle after the last night's game.

He was asked the same question. He replied: "They have been wanting me for two years, so it's nice to go where they want you."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]On this morning's Fan 590 sportscast the played a tape of one of their people who interviewed Kaberle after the last night's game. He was asked the same question. He replied: "They have been wanting me for two years, so it's nice to go where they want you."
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    Hey Wheats,you made no secret of your feelings for Kaberle before last nights game.What's your post-game take on how he looked for Boston?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I hear he's a big fan of Seafood and traffic

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

doesn't want to play for a winning organization apparently

Sections
Shortcuts