Anyone see the Julien-Seguin lecture last night on TV

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Anyone see the Julien-Seguin lecture last night on TV

Julien was lecturing Seguin during the 2nd period and the camera closed in on them and Seguin had a "quite bothering me" look on his face.

As Julien continued, Seguin agreed to whatever was said by the Coach and you could lip-read - "OK, OK, no problem" coming from Seguin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Re: Anyone see the Julien-Seguin lecture last night on TV

He must of been giving him his grandmothers recipe for pea soup!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Anyone see the Julien-Seguin lecture last night on TV:
    [QUOTE]Julien was lecturing Seguin during the 2nd period and the camera closed in on them and Seguin had a "quite bothering me" look on his face. As Julien continued, Seguin agreed to whatever was said by the Coach and you could lip-read - "OK, OK, no problem" coming from Seguin.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

I have a whole different interpretation of what I saw in that moment and it wasn't what you just described. Didn't see that at all in Seguin's face .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone see the Julien-Seguin lecture last night on TV:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Anyone see the Julien-Seguin lecture last night on TV : I have a whole different interpretation of what I saw in that moment and it wasn't what you just described. Didn't see that at all in Seguin's face .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    I thought CJ was merely giving instructions at that moment and thought Tyler was merely giving him an I gotcha in return.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Okay so now we will start to scrutinize when a coach is talking on the bench to his players ? Reading the coaches lips ?
    Julien was constantly talking to Bergeron also on the bench more than any other player .  What does that mean ?
    Funny because when I saw this last night I was saying to myself I wonder if they're speaking in French.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Julien was asking Bergy what to do next......  CJ has no clue!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Seen it, and I thought he is actually coaching on the bench, kudos to take the time to talk to the youngster.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Seen it, and I thought he is actually coaching on the bench, kudos to take the time to talk to the youngster.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    I thought the same.I was glad to see there seemed to be communication there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think young athletes need to be handled with nice soft kid gloves but Julien was screaming at him like he just made some Wheeler or Ryder snafoo. It would be nice Julien yell at Wheeler and Ryder like that but it won't happen and neither will lose ice time.

Julien has no patience with young players and he panics in close games so I expect Claude to take out his frustrations as a coach on his kids. Get used to it kid Claude doesn't know how to instruct properly as he loses his way in tightly checked games. Keep hitting the panic button late in close games Claude you're good at it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

So, coach is either a pushover or overly controlling with no middle ground? Which is preferrable to you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think young athletes need to be handled with nice soft kid gloves but Julien was screaming at him like he just made some Wheeler or Ryder snafoo. It would be nice Julien yell at Wheeler and Ryder like that but it won't happen and neither will lose ice time. Julien has no patience with young players and he panics in close games so I expect Claude to take out his frustrations as a coach on his kids. Get used to it kid Claude doesn't know how to instruct properly as he loses his way in tightly checked games. Keep hitting the panic button late in close games Claude you're good at it.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Julien woud get blasted himself...if he was caught on camera yelling at either of those two girls.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]ha to be you to find a positive in that...wow In Response to Re: Anyone see the Julien-Seguin lecture last night on TV :
    Posted by Taz2424[/QUOTE]
    No,I was actually just agreeing with Goat but carry on.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Julien was asking Bergy what to do next......  CJ has no clue!!!!
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

Thanks I need a good laugh today.  The sad part is you are probably right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think young athletes need to be handled with nice soft kid gloves but Julien was screaming at him like he just made some Wheeler or Ryder snafoo. It would be nice Julien yell at Wheeler and Ryder like that but it won't happenand neither will lose ice time. Julien has no patience with young players and he panics in close games so I expect Claude to take out his frustrations as a coach on his kids. Get used to it kid Claude doesn't know how to instruct properly as he loses his way in tightly checked games. Keep hitting the panic button late in close games Claude you're good at it.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

And how would you know that ?  are you on the bench, in the dressing room ?
    If I recall Julien called out Wheeler last season. 
    If Julien was , as you say "screaming at him"  why wasn't Seguin benched after that ?  because Seguin had a decent game and wasn't among the worst on the Bruins.
    I DVRd the game and watched it this moring and maybe some of you are getting caught up on what TV wants to show you . Seguin was on the first unit of the PP last night . That's how Julien gives merit . So what if he was talking to him on the bench.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Julien was asking Bergy what to do next......  CJ has no clue!!!!
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]
    I think what he said was......hey kid I can stifle anyones creativity....just ask kessel.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone see the Julien-Seguin lecture last night on TV : I think what he said was......hey kid I can stifle anyones creativity....just ask kessel.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

I doubt skating down the wing and shooting the puck or doing a toe drag constitutes creativity in anybody's book.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone see the Julien-Seguin lecture last night on TV : I doubt skating down the wing and shooting the puck or doing a toe drag constitutes creativity in anybody's book.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    I'm not the biggest Kessel fan either.....but his speed creates more havoc on the opposition than you think. Since the trade...he has had countless chances against us...but has been a little snakebitten....we have a weapon like that....why not try to use it a little more. Ever notice, the opposition rarely backs off when we try to bring the puck over the red line?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wheatskins,

What happened to you?  You used to be a high class quality poster here.  Now you're going with speculative BS to stir the pot?

I don't know if it's work, the wife or the bottle, but come on.  This is stuff for RM87.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone see the Julien-Seguin lecture last night on TV : I'm not the biggest Kessel fan either.....but his speed creates more havoc on the opposition than you think. Since the trade...he has had countless chances against us...but has been a little snakebitten....we have a weapon like that....why not try to use it a little more. Ever notice, the opposition rarely backs off when we try to bring the puck over the red line?
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

Too funny, don't you mean dump and chase.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone see the Julien-Seguin lecture last night on TV : And how would you know that ?  are you on the bench, in the dressing room ? If I recall Julien called out Wheeler last season. Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Name a time when Julien has benched either Wheeler or Ryder ? Never

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

How about during the playoffs last year? Wheeler was benched.

Also, one of the reasons they brought in Claude is that he had a really good reputation of being good with young players and helping them develop well.

Coachs talk to all their players on the bench all the time. That's what coaching IS. You're going to have to coach a younger player more because they're learning the game. It's just reality. Also, the camera is almost never on the bench. If it is, it's zoomed in on 1 or 2 guys usually... just because you never see conversations doesn't mean they don't take place.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

A coach instructing a young player during a game. Would you be happier if he had whispered in his ear and kissed him on his cheek?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I have no opinion one way or the other, but I saw the entire clip and without question, Seguin did not agree/want to hear what he was being told at first.  Julien continued talking and Seguin appeared to just placate him with "Ok, Ok, yeah, OK."

Impossible to guess the context or what the exchange really was, but it wasn't hard to figure Seguin didn't like what was being said at first.

PS: good for Julien to be coaching on the bench.  Wish he did something different the last 5 minutes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone see the Julien-Seguin lecture last night on TV : And how would you know that ?  are you on the bench, in the dressing room ? If I recall Julien called out Wheeler last season.  If Julien was , as you say " screaming at him "  why wasn't Seguin benched after that ?  because Seguin had a decent game and wasn't among the worst on the Bruins. I DVRd the game and watched it this moring and maybe some of you are getting caught up on what TV wants to show you . Seguin was on the first unit of the PP last night . That's how Julien gives merit . So what if he was talking to him on the bench.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

This ^^^^^^^^^^.  It looked like he was talking to Seguin as if there were 20,000 people in the stands making noise . Screaming at him ?  Not true at all in my eyes. He was talking to him . Like bigskye says what should a coach do in a situation like that , whisper in his ear ?

Yes , it's what I do and is to be expected.