Anyone Sick of seeing this line?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Anyone Sick of seeing this line?

"Zach Hamill will be returning to Providence." Thats the 4th season for him. Does he not have the fire? or is it too much talent in front of him not being able to get that spot? I just wish this kid wasn't wasted in Providence. Use him or trade him at this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Anyone Sick of seeing this line?

It looks like it is a skill set thing.  Hard to comment on heart, but he's smallish, not that fast, average shot.  The real question is how did he put those number's up in junior?  Not sure the scouting dept gets a free pass on this one.  8th overall seems kinda dumb in hindsight. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

G4ck5 - i think you are correct on both fronts.
    Where does he fit...?? the depth of this current squad is down the middle and thats with Seguin/Peverley playing out of position. no idea what the B's would get as trade value for this kid. Are they holding onto him based on the success the B's will have in re-signing 46? Time will tell.

Go Bruins

BBB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

maybe toronto will entertain a trade- ha ha ha! straight up for grabovsky- worth a try... not like they don't have a history of bad dealings. heck, toss in sauve- maybe they'll bite.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's getting monotonous, isn't it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone Sick of seeing this line?:
    It looks like it is a skill set thing.  Hard to comment on heart, but he's smallish, not that fast, average shot.  The real question is how did he put those number's up in junior?  Not sure the scouting dept gets a free pass on this one.  8th overall seems kinda dumb in hindsight. 
    Posted by scooter244

Answer: he didn't.
    His productivity dropped his last year in junior, that was when I first thought he was a dud.  At the time some clown told me his coach had him on the pk and that was why - and clearly it wasn't why.

So I would rephrase your question, how did he put up those numbers his 4th year in jr?  Someone who watched the WHL has the answer.  If I were to guess I would say that he got tons of pp time surrounded by good players that he dished to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

he has 0 trade value. way too much in front of him at center, and that was a TERRIBLE draft year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Posted by scooter244

I think they do get a pass.  I have heard that although some gems were discovered in that draft, that the first round in general was very weak.  Furthermore, they used the previous regimes scouting reports and were not a well oiled machine at the time.  They did far better the next year with Colbourne, and they have built a very nice pipeline through drafting and trading for assets which are easier to find in the system as opposed to in the draft.

I think this is precisely the type of situation you break out the free pass for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If we think Hamill's a bust, I wonder how the Kings feel about Thomas Hickey? Fourth overall that year and hasn't played one minute in the NHL. Even Hamill has four games and two points.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not ever played drafted in the first round is going to work out.  Just ask Jon Aitken.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

The article posted is a good read....PC said he read the ice well...Not the fasted skater. Not the fasetes set of hands. Not the biggest person on the ice and stuck in a organization that has the deepest amount of centers in the league. Not a good combanation. I liked what PC said though. That if if makes sense, he will move Hamill to give him another chance some where else.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Actually, BadHab, if you look at the SilverTips roster for the year Hamill led the WHL in scoring, the only other forward with real NHL potential is Peter Mueller, and he was also a centre.  And Hamill outscored him by 15 points (though he played 4 more games).  [EDIT: Kyle Beach was drafted 11th in 2008 but he has yet to show why.)

I remember seeing Hamill ranked in the vicinity of 8 in the Hockey News forecast for that draft.  I also remember hoping they didn't take him because they'd lost most if not all of the size they once had at forward - at least among the skilled forwards.  Also, it was his third WHL year when he put up the big numbers, but more importantly, he was still draft eligible.  He wasn't an over-ager dominating less physically mature kids.

On another thread, someone made the point that they never read about Hamill attending BioSteel or doing something that shows he has improved his commitment or maturity or whatever.  Hamill goes away, Hamill comes back, Hamill is Hamill.  Malkovitch.  Malkovitch Malkovitch.  Fluto's article is the first time I've read that Hamill actually worked on something over the summer.  It rings true to me - especially thinking about the kid's rep to date (comments by Murray, Whitfield) - that Hamill has not grown as a player because he's not working hard enough at it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ricky, that was a weak year, but not as weak as it looked even last year.  And there were enough gems post #8 that "weak year" only goes so far.  It's just hard to give them a Mulligan when there's still very little evidence of this regime drafting well.  Seguin was easy.

Of all of the players drafted by this regime, only two have played in more NHL games than Zach Hamill - Seguin and Caron.  That's it.  They've done much better when trading to develop players like Boychuk and McQuaid.

Before we give anyone props for Colborne - as of this camp, he is the same number of years from his draft as Hamill was last camp when everyone and their dog was ripping him a new one.  Now, true, Colborne was a 16th pick, but 2008 was a much better year with Eberle, Carlson, Ennis, and DelZotto picked after Colborne in the first round.  With the Laffs, he'll have to beat out Conolly, Grabovski, Lombardi, and Bozek to play C.  He could get a shot on the wing, but he'll be behind Kessel, Lupul, Kulemin, Armstrong, and MacArthur, and the Leafs will be looking for Kadri to play his way on.  If the Leafs play reasonably well this year, Colborne might be starting his third camp in the same position as Hamill is right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by scooter244

Hard to blame Bruins scouting specifically. Central scouting seemed to have an off year in general. Take a look at the finals rankings of N.A. skaters.
    http://cdn.nhl.com/futures/cssrankings/2007final/07_final_naskaters_num.pdf
    Tommy Cross rated at 12 and Subban rated 102.......I guess we'll see on that one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Wonder if there was any truth to the rumor that PC tried to dump Hamill off in the Kaberle deal and the push-back from Toronto was to get Colborne?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Ricky, that was a weak year, but not as weak as it looked even last year.  And there were enough gems post #8 that "weak year" only goes so far.  It's just hard to give them a Mulligan when there's still very little evidence of this regime drafting well.  Seguin was easy. Of all of the players drafted by this regime, only two have played in more NHL games than Zach Hamill - Seguin and Caron.  That's it.  They've done much better when trading to develop players like Boychuk and McQuaid. Before we give anyone props for Colborne - as of this camp, he is the same number of years from his draft as Hamill was last camp when everyone and their dog was ripping him a new one.  Now, true, Colborne was a 16th pick, but 2008 was a much better year with Eberle, Carlson, Ennis, and DelZotto picked after Colborne in the first round.  With the Laffs, he'll have to beat out Conolly, Grabovski, Lombardi, and Bozek to play C.  He could get a shot on the wing, but he'll be behind Kessel, Lupul, Kulemin, Armstrong, and MacArthur, and the Leafs will be looking for Kadri to play his way on.  If the Leafs play reasonably well this year, Colborne might be starting his third camp in the same position as Hamill is right now.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Didnt they draft Marchand?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone Sick of seeing this line? : Take a look at the finals rankings of N.A. skaters. http://cdn.nhl.com/futures/cssrankings/2007final/07_final_naskaters_num.pdf Tommy Cross rated at 12 and Subban rated 102. I guess we'll see on that one. Posted by dezaruchi

Couture at 19, Colby Cohen at 25 interesting...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

The only way the Bruins Mngt. can trade Hamill is in a package deal or a team that is hurting financially ie NJD NYI FLD. DAL that may need to shed some salary in both the NHL and AHL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The only way the Bruins Mngt. can trade Hamill is in a package deal or a team that is hurting financially ie NJD NYI FLD. DAL that may need to shed some salary in both the NHL and AHL.
    Posted by boborielly224

No names BoBo. That's unusual.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

PC should try a long shot ....Zach Hamill + Daniel Paille + Peverley + 2012 1st draft pick for Bobby Ryan

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

PC should try a long shot ....Zach Hamill + Daniel Paille + Peverley + 2012 1st draft pick for Bobby Ryan Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Maybe throw in a 7th round pick to sweeten the deal. You don't get a star player for a bunch of nothing. Stanley, you should know better.

An Asst. GM you'll never be with posts like this. Stick with the predictions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

he has 0 trade value. way too much in front of him at center, and that was a TERRIBLE draft year
    Posted by bostonfan191646

Players picked after Hamill in his draft:
    Logan Couture (9)
    Kevin Shattenkirk (14)
    Max Pachioretty (22)
    Jonathan Blum (23)
    Mikael Backlund (24)
    David Perron (26)
    P.K. Subban (43)
    Wayne Simmonds (61)

While not a gold mine, there are many very good players drafted after #8 overall.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

PC should try a long shot ....Zach Hamill + Daniel Paille + Peverley + 2012 1st draft pick for Bobby Ryan Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

Stanley, long shot? I've got more of a chance at winning megabucks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Actually, Stanley's assuming that the Ducks have either hired a brain damaged, in-bred rhesus monkey to make personnel decisions or that they have actually accepted the resume of their version of Stanley, and that's who will bite on the offer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

WOW.

Sections
Shortcuts