Anyone Sick of seeing this line?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: Anyone Sick of seeing this line?

In Response to Re: Anyone Sick of seeing this line?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Sick of seeing this line? : Players picked after Hamill in his draft: Logan Couture (9) Kevin Shattenkirk (14) Max Pachioretty (22) Jonathan Blum (23) Mikael Backlund (24) David Perron (26) P.K. Subban (43) Wayne Simmonds (61) While not a gold mine, there are many very good players drafted after #8 overall.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

That is certainly true....not a great draft class.  But I wouldn't put Simmonds and Subban on the list for a simple reason:  ANYONE could have had them.  It's not just the Bruins that passed on them.  If the New England Patriots believed that Tom Brady was going to be one of the greatest players in NFL history they would have picked him in the first round....not the 6th round at #199 overall.

Hamil's a bust.  No doubt about it.  Seeing Couture going right after him really smarts.  Any of those players listed before and including Perron would have been a better choice....undoubtedly.  But I don't think the Bruins or anyone else for that matter would have picked Subban or Simmonds at #8.

That said....they are both very good players and EXCELLENT picks for their respective teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Everett was running a 'pro style defensively responsible' blah blah blah system under Kevin Constantine. That was the line fed after the Bruins reached for him at 8 w/ Couture still there. Whoever mentioned Mueller is right also, those two tore it up together.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

i'd rather talk about trent whitfield. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Sick of seeing this line? : That is certainly true....not a great draft class.  But I wouldn't put Simmonds and Subban on the list for a simple reason:  ANYONE could have had them.  It's not just the Bruins that passed on them.  If the New England Patriots believed that Tom Brady was going to be one of the greatest players in NFL history they would have picked him in the first round....not the 6th round at #199 overall. Hamil's a bust.  No doubt about it.  Seeing Couture going right after him really smarts.  Any of those players listed before and including Perron would have been a better choice....undoubtedly.  But I don't think the Bruins or anyone else for that matter would have picked Subban or Simmonds at #8. That said....they are both very good players and EXCELLENT picks for their respective teams.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

This is true.  Also true is that the Bruins had first shot at them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Sick of seeing this line? : This is true.  Also true is that the Bruins had first shot at them.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    I don't remember Boston having 1st pick. Enlighten us if you will.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone Sick of seeing this line?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Sick of seeing this line? : Players picked after Hamill in his draft: Logan Couture (9) Kevin Shattenkirk (14) Max Pachioretty (22) Jonathan Blum (23) Mikael Backlund (24) David Perron (26) P.K. Subban (43) Wayne Simmonds (61) While not a gold mine, there are many very good players drafted after #8 overall. Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

But before the start of last season, as Bookboy pointed out, only a few had really established themselves so it took some time and the draft still goes down as a fairly shallow talent pool.