Anyone still believe this team is good enough?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Anyone still believe this team is good enough?

In Response to Re: Anyone still believe this team is good enough?:
    [QUOTE]Bad What if we landed Seabrook or a Parise for example.  Those guys change the land scape in the East. even if we decide to go on the cheap side we can easily upgrade enough to make this team better w/o hurting the future.  But if we have to wait 3-4 yrs to become elite we also run the risk that Chara is not as good and that we won't have TT.  Sure we can play the restock game year in and year out.  I personally believe there are players available and we should be making this yrs club better.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Seabrook or Parise?  No way.  They aren't going to part with those guys.  No way.

Put yourself on the other side.  The second I heard they put those guys on the block I would threaten to set myself on fire.  And if that's the NJ Devils they would listen to me because I'd probably be their only season ticket holder left.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

short,

why do you only have 5 posts.  if they are all this good we need more

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NJ is gonna be up against the cap and have a hard time keeping him.  Chicago is in the same boat with Seabrook.  Do they risk waiting until F/A hits and then teams with cap space and no worry of picks make a run at them.
    Seabrook to the Canucks and Parise to LA if that happens.  Or any other situation similar.  Chicago and NJ can match.  And then sell off every player they have.  Its not working well for either team.  They could sell these players, add picks, prospects and current roster players and still be good.
    I don't think it will happen...but I bet if either makes it to RFA in the summer that teams like Toronto, LA, Van, Montreal and Edmonton will surely make a run at them.  They would be stupid not to b/c those two guys are young elite players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Weak.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]        The results of this weekend clearly show that ther Bruins need some "tweeking" to get to the point where they will win a cup.  First off management needs to review the  career point totals  for their players. In doing this it becomes rather obvious that certain players have enjoyed one really good year then seem to go down a slippery sloap with markedly less offensive contributions in the following years.  These are younger players who should be scoring more and more due to the fact they are in their early to mid twenties and not in their mid thirties where a scoring decline is to be expected. But it appears they are sitting on their laurels and floating along which does the team no good and certainly does not lead to a stanley cup. A couple of years ago a player by the name of Montador  was a late season addition and clearly was not afraid to take one for the team but he was not resigned for one reason or another. Management needs to come to grips with the guys who appear to be floating and also measure up  the expected results of this years draft with what they need  now to become a harder working team with players who are really willing to take one for the team. The Bruins have 2 first round draft picks and one of them  right now  is the fifth pick in the draft. Maybe these 2 picks  plus a couple of these floaters could net  2 or 3 players who are truly motivasted to excel and really want to be on a stanley cup winning team. The ball is in management's side of the court and let's see how they play iot at this crucial time.
    Posted by shortpops[/QUOTE]

The floaters?  Like Ryder who is streaky at best?  And Wheeler?  Plus one is a UFA next year and the other RFA.

Who would take either one of them?

If you are a playoff team sure as shinola they aren't going to help you, and Ryder with his cap hit?

And if you're not a playoff team, you're going to take these guys - why?  Just so that they can walk at the end of the season?

One way a deal gets done for those guys.  And only one way.

Target a GM.  Kidnap him.  Drug him out, put him in a compromising position, take pictures, get him to sign while he is still high.  Maybe you have to get him drunk, too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Parise isn't going anywhere. He's an RFA and maybe you haven't noticed but NJ is looking pretty good these days. No reason to blow things up.....If Chicago trades Seabrook they are throwing in the towel. I don't think that's gonna happen. The Bruins are looking at Kaberle or Arnott. I think they could get both of them because Chia will be desperate. If they don't win this year he will have to dump his buddy Clod. Probably trade both #1s and Stuart. It won't matter though. Not enuf talent here......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

hey shuperman i  post when i really get ticked off and the results today have me livid.  They played hard in the first period and then tailed off. Its a 60 minute game and not a 20 minute sprint as the Bruins play today certainly suggests. The Bruins have had 2 bangup physical games lately. They beat Dallas and then Montreal but then in the game after Dallas played like wimps and in the game after Montreal their goalie was in outer space(certainly he was not mentally with it). He was good last year but this year he is stinking out the hockey arena with much of his poor play. He is a guy resting on his good year and not focusing on his longterm future.  Thank god Thomas came back strong this year or they would have long since been out of it. Now if management will focus on their draft  picks and reevaluate their existing talent in order to weed out the floating deadwood they should come up with some players who are a whole lot hungrier  to win a cup. Its all about desire and wanting to excel. let us see what happens between now and february 28(the trading deadline).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I don't think either guy will get dealt but its an example. 
    Kaberle and Arnott would help us.  No doubt about it. 

But Chicago is going no where. 
    They need a lot of tweaking.  More than the Bruins.  Their goalie stinks, they have no secondary players that were vital for them last year and their dmen arent as deep. 

Bad- do you not think its possible to upgrade what we have now.  We have a short window for winning it all.  Why not put the picks in play.  Why not put Rask in play if the right deal came along.  I don't think their are allstar-franchise level players out there...but there are guys that can help Chara and provide some scoring.  I don't think we need a Parise type to make a run in the East. 

Fact
    TT is the best goalie on the planet at the moment.
    Fact
    Chara is an elite Dman
    Fact
    As a team we are very sound defensively

Would you not agree that adding Kaberle/Penner and a 3rd line center gives us a good shot at the cup.
    Kaberle made Mccabe a PP god a few yrs back.  Imagine him setting up the PP.  Penner is a proven scorer and is still signed on for a few yrs.  And if you add a meat and potatoe 3rd line center like Belanger we have a very good 3 lines.  Not a true number one line but a very solid 3 lines. 

We have to make some moves.  PP needs a QB.  Top line needs a scorer and we need a depth 3rd line center. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]NJ is gonna be up against the cap and have a hard time keeping him.  Chicago is in the same boat with Seabrook.  Do they risk waiting until F/A hits and then teams with cap space and no worry of picks make a run at them. Seabrook to the Canucks and Parise to LA if that happens.  Or any other situation similar.  Chicago and NJ can match.  And then sell off every player they have.  Its not working well for either team.  They could sell these players, add picks, prospects and current roster players and still be good. I don't think it will happen...but I bet if either makes it to RFA in the summer that teams like Toronto, LA, Van, Montreal and Edmonton will surely make a run at them.  They would be stupid not to b/c those two guys are young elite players.

Parise only has a 3.125 mil cap hit, and you're going to deal him?  What about Elias?  6 mil cap hit for Elias.  Instead you're going to deal your most economical best player to deal with the cap??

never.

Seabrook?  With a 3.5 mil cap hit?

Why would you deal your most cap friendly guys to get under the cap?

Next point - about them when they are RFA 2011-12.  You are that sure they will get offer sheets?  How did that work out for the teams that have done it in the past?  How many offer sheets tendered to RFA's have we seen since?

No.  I don't see that scenario playing out so that NJ and/or Chicago mail those guys out of town.  Just not going to happen.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think either guy will get dealt but its an example.  Kaberle and Arnott would help us.  No doubt about it.  But Chicago is going no where.  They need a lot of tweaking.  More than the Bruins.  Their goalie stinks, they have no secondary players that were vital for them last year and their dmen arent as deep.  Bad- do you not think its possible to upgrade what we have now.  We have a short window for winning it all.  Why not put the picks in play.  Why not put Rask in play if the right deal came along.  I don't think their are allstar-franchise level players out there...but there are guys that can help Chara and provide some scoring.  I don't think we need a Parise type to make a run in the East.  Fact TT is the best goalie on the planet at the moment. Fact Chara is an elite Dman Fact As a team we are very sound defensively Would you not agree that adding Kaberle/Penner and a 3rd line center gives us a good shot at the cup. Kaberle made Mccabe a PP god a few yrs back.  Imagine him setting up the PP.  Penner is a proven scorer and is still signed on for a few yrs.  And if you add a meat and potatoe 3rd line center like Belanger we have a very good 3 lines.  Not a true number one line but a very solid 3 lines.  We have to make some moves.  PP needs a QB.  Top line needs a scorer and we need a depth 3rd line center. 

Short answer, no.  Penner yes, Kaberle, no.  Another defenseman - fill in the name, but even then its not enough.  There are still gaps to fill.

The fixing this team needs is addition by subtraction.
    Losing Wideman has done as much to help this team than what Horton and Campbell added.

You've got to lose weak links.  Wheeler.  Ryder - you can't count on this guy.  He showed up the last few games, but you can't be sure when he will show up.  And he costs too much.

God bless Recchi, but he's too slow, but again, you can't get rid of him without replacing his goals and talent.  You've got to get an adequate replacement for Recchi - and that's going to be hard.

This all gets sorted out automatically this summer.  The real problem is replacing Recchi.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]BadH - you have a point about the whole new system in the league.  Chicago took a dive after winning the Cup.   But Detroit is doing something right by staying pretty much in the top tier before and after 2005 - it's the 1 team that bucks the trend.   And the Pens to a degree.  And the NJD before this season.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Detroit are lucky in that their really old guys didn't retire and are still playing really well.  They'll give out in another few years - and if they don't, then for the good of humanity we have to find out what drugs they are giving those 50 year olds.

Pens did stink and get picks just before the new world order that landed them Crosby and Malkin.

And now the Devils are terrible this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

The bruins are not as bad as they looked this weekend. 2 no emotion games vers a team out of conference that we will only see again with a trip by both teams to the finals. It's more about how do the bruins match up against teams in the east? and they match up very well with them.

I'm as frustrated watching these last 2 games as anyone else, There is a reason why detroit is second in the west and they were allowed to play the run and gun west style all weekend. Can anyone remember a single hit in either game?
    I know i remember lucic pulling up on what should have been a "big" hit in the second period on sunday and in the end never even touched the detriot defensemen. Ryder in the 3rd also pulled up on a hit behind the net and also got caught on the wrong side of the player in doing so, so not only did he not make the hit but also allowed body possesion for the puck and an easy break out.

You cant try and play the puck possesion and skating game with the masters of it. You have to hit them and hit them ALOT and make them play the dump and chase game that the bruins can win. But they wont win letting detriot or any of the better western teams skate around with the puck as they wish.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I agree with most on here. I think we have a good team. My only problem is that they play very inconsistent. To be the best you have to BEAT teams like the Detroit Red Wings. Now. I'm not saying that these 2 loses to them will predict what can happen in the playoffs. At the same time it does make you wonder if we do need to make some changes. The Bruins need to play like they did vs the Canadiens. I dont mean the fighting. I mean more of the physical game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

You better believe it ...3 Stanley Cup in a row will keep your mouth shut for a while

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmakowski. Show bmakowski's posts

[QUOTE]The West is far superior to the East. Detroit, Vancouver, San Jose are all better than Boston. I would throw Nashville in as well. They have a great coach and would beat Boston. Chicago is better as well but they are having issues with all the new guys they have now. In the East Philly, Pitt, Tampa and Wash are all better than Bostonand have better potential. Yes we've beaten them but Tim Thomas has been the difference in most of those games. They all have a couple elite forwards that will kill the Bruins in a 7 game series. The Bruins will come out with the same old bs about how they have to work harder and play Bruins hockey blah blah blah....Its all designed to fool the sheep and put the blame on the players. The fact is they aren't good enough. Mgt suxs. Seven years to Savard? Chara? For what? I won't even mention Ference? You need a couple of elite fowards and at least three quality dmen to have any shot at a Cup. We have no true elite forwards and Chara and Seidenberg(yes I think he is quality)....and honestly I have no faith in Chara. He disappears in big games. He is not Ray Bourque...not even close. 
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

Easy with the cynicism.  The West is much more competitive than the east, but Nashville? San Jose?  It was Anti Niemi, not the San Jose Sharks who beat the Bruins last week.  If you have no faith in Chara (or the Bruins for that matter, reading your comments) then why don't you pull for a different team?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I am wondering if the fans in Detroit were going through this type of scrutiny/criticism of their hockey team  from last week when Detroit was getting shutout in back to back games by perenial powerhouses Columbus and Nashville.. and losing 3 out of 4 in that span...Me thinks a bit of over reaction on these two games has caused massive hysteria and panic amongst the supposed die hard fans of the B's...Everytime the Bruins lose it seems chicken little starts crying the sky is falling... People need to relax  and see how this team looks in a few weeks.. This will be vastly different team than the one we are seeing today...

This is still a pretty good hockey team , standings don't lie...but obviously it needs some tweaking in a few areas , and PC has already gone on record saying there will be changes probably even before the trade deadline...so I don't get the question " Is this team good enough "  we all know that this is not the same team that is going to lace them up on March 1st...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

cowboy,

I doubt Detroit was going through this.  They have an excellent club and will make the moves nec to win.  They always do.  And I can list the examples if you like, dating back into the 90's. 
    I am not panicking, but really believe we need upgrades.  For those content on waiting for picks to develope I can understand why.  But you must remember that Chara/TT are elite players now.

Hab- you made really good counter points.  I wasn't making the names up.  Parise and Searbook(as of last week to edmonton) was suggested. 
    If Seabrook doesnt sign an extension I will put a friendly handshake bet together with you that both of those two players get an offer sheet.  Vancouver has a lot coming off the books and Seabrook is from BC.  I can totally see them going for Seabrook.  Elias may be moved to make room for a Parise contract.  There is only so much money to kick around. 
    You made very solid points. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Are the Bruins the best team in the NHL? - No, don't know who ever said that. Well besides Stanley. 

Did the Bs get beat by a better team in Detroit? - Possibly, but Detroit is one of the best teams in the league.  

Is the showing against Detroit a reason to think the Bs are horrible? - No.

Does anyone think that the Bs are a favorite to win a cup? No, besides Stanley of course.

Relax people, it's 2 games vs. a very solid team. The Bruins have a chance this year but anyone that thinks the season is over just because the Bs lost to Detroit is crazy. The Bruins have a team that can make some waves in the playoffs and who knows, they could get to the cup.

Just enjoy the team instead of demanding that it win the cup this year. It's not a failure if they don't, although many think they have to win now. The Bruins don't have to deal with any players on expiring contracts so the team has several years at making a run. Try to enjoy it.

Stop screaming at the seed, it won't make it grow any quicker.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

OH my Oh my OH my

Detroit lost 5-1 to the Trahers on Nov.24th
    ...............7-3 to Dallas on Dec 29th
    ...............4-0 to Ducks on Dec 3rd
    .............and most recently 7-5 to the SENS Feb 2nd 2011
    ......................................3-0 to Nashville Feb 5th

So ?????????????????????

Bruins will bounce back and win 3 Cup in a row so why complain ?????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

stanley,

they also had a skeleton squad for major portions of the season.  they are for real and Lidstrom is still the best dman on the planet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

[QUOTE]derrick, i think they have done well against everyone they have played this year...I just don't think regular season success carries over.  This team doesnt have the clutch performers to make a serious run.  Chara is a horse but he needs a running mate.  And up front we need a scorer and a 3rd line center. These players are out there.  If you look at the east only.  You gotta figure Philly/Pitt/TBay and especially the Caps are gonna upgrade. Look at the Caps in particular.  They have a lot of prospects and current NHL ready players they have been showcasing.  They also have 3 young goalies.  Imagine Washington adding Weiss/Vokoun and another dman.  They can do all of this easily without worrying one bit about cap space...they have enough young talent and picks as well.  I think Washington will make major moves.

I think it's an overstatement to say regular season success doesn't carry over.  If it doesn't, then everyone should stop worrying about the West teams beating down the B's.

Good points about the moves though. It would be nice to be able to stay on par at the very least in the upgrade department.  If they don't act soon, no one will be left.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone still believe this team is good enough? : I think it's an overstatement to say regular season success doesn't carry over.  If it doesn't, then everyone should stop worrying about the West teams beating down the B's. Good points about the moves though. It would be nice to be able to stay on par at the very least in the upgrade department.  If they don't act soon, no one will be left.
    Posted by derrickmorin[/QUOTE]
    Last year I was happy PC stood pat because I didn't like his options.This year I expect a deal to get done.

Sections
Shortcuts