Anyone still have a problem with Hamilton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Anyone still have a problem with Hamilton?

Next topic please!

He's so good there is a city in Ontario named after him.

The next great D in the tradition of Shore, Orr, Park, Bourque, Chara....Hamilton.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Anyone still have a problem with Hamilton?

He's played very steady.  But it's very early in the year-career.  Still think we have to add another piece back there just for depth purposes.  But so far so good.   He's getting a lot of ice which I think is crucial.  When he has a bad game you can be sure to read about it on here.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Wheatskins's comment:

Next topic please!

The next great D in the tradition of Shore, Orr, Park, Bourque, Chara....Hamilton.

Hold on Wheats.  I agree he's looked solid so far but he's just 4 games into his NHL career.  He could still experience rookie bumps in the road.  Let's give him time to develop further before we anoint him "The Next One."  Still, I'd love for him to become the next Bruin D kingpin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Next topic please!

Yep absolutely ...Wheatskin ...you are right ..I wasnt expecting him to play that play at his age ..I was hoping for next season ..but he is already a big piece of the puzzle ...amazing ..

One more reason why the B<s will win the cup again this season.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Looks very good so far Wheats, any Bruins fan should be excited. Not Hall Of Fame excited just 4 games into his career, but excited.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

wow, on pace to destroy Seguin in the scoring race.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Next topic please!

I never include Park.  He only played 5 full seasons in Boston.

Hamilton looks good so far.  All hail Chowda and his two eyeballs!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

There was actually only a small handful of numbskulls that had a problem with Hamilton being drafted by Boston. Most people were thrilled at the prospect of drafting a great young D-man with sky high potential (and rightfully so).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In watching the game tonight, my thoughts on Hamilton were that if this is the beginning, and assuming he is going to improve over time, we are in for a treat watching this guy play.  I'm really shocked at his poise.  Really good patients and then a crisp pass that always seems to find it's mark.  Oh and I loved how he crashed the net on that one chance in the second, I think it was.  Couldn't help thinking Julien was pulling his last hair out there.  Love that he went looking for a goal.  We need some of that. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Don't remember anyone mad about drafting him at the spot we did. He in my opinion could have went 5th to the islanders when he dropped to us I went to sleep smiling that night. I have high hopes for him and he completely exceed what I thought he would do this season four games in. I couldn't be happier with his play oly thing he needs to work on is his psychical play that will come with time in the league. I couldn't be happier about Hamilton right now. I have nothing bad to say about the kid

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A very strange thread seeing as it's 4 games into the season, and everyone here agreed he was an outstanding prospect and a good draft pick.  A veteran poster should know better.  I think he looks great.  More polished than expected and I am continuously impressed at his uncanny ability to put his shots on the net.  He seems to be better than anyone at that.  I really like the kid.  Just like I thought I would.

But if this thread is supposed to be a rebuttal to people who pointed to the WJC as a disappointing tournament for the kid, it fails on every level.

Perspective folks.  Let's let the kid get a (shortened) season under his belt before we annoit him as the next Norris winner.  That's the stuff of Stanley.  I love him, but 4 games...!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Agreed he is poised, Chara is a stablizing force imo.  He does do well on the power play.  He has the knack of keeping the puck in the offensive zone, he has showned composure under defensive pressure, he gets his shot on net.  I will let the season unfold, teams are under pressure to win, but many of the players are still getting into condition, and establishing hockey habits with new linemates.  Dougie will need to adjust his game accordingly to this play as the season progresses.  I hope he does as the Bs offense needs his type of play.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

A very strange thread seeing as it's 4 games into the season, and everyone here agreed he was an outstanding prospect and a good draft pick.  A veteran poster should know better.  I think he looks great.  More polished than expected and I am continuously impressed at his uncanny ability to put his shots on the net.  He seems to be better than anyone at that.  I really like the kid.  Just like I thought I would.

But if this thread is supposed to be a rebuttal to people who pointed to the WJC as a disappointing tournament for the kid, it fails on every level.

Perspective folks.  Let's let the kid get a (shortened) season under his belt before we annoit him as the next Norris winner.  That's the stuff of Stanley.  I love him, but 4 games...!

Disappointing only to some. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The WJC were a bust for Team Canada at so many levels, the way the coach wanted them,  him to play was the wrong approach.  I didn't see him play bad in the WJC , maybe didn't get all the points that most "expected"  here but did his job, got the puck out of his own end cleanly most of the time. He did his job the coach had him do.

I've played enough team sports (hockey , soccer)  that when your surroundings don't work , even if you're a superstar ,  you will look bad. The whole team looks bad.

Hamilton will make his mistakes and when he does I'm sure there's a lot of us that'll give their critic (especially Chowdah) . I guess it's fair , he's under the magnifying glass , for now . I see Chara making so many little mistakes from the beginning of the season , even one glaring one that caused a goal, but we know what Chara brings to the table and what he means to this team.  The smart ones will not criticizeChara , he's aid his dues. I guess it comes with the territory, Hamilton is new.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Next topic please!

I never include Park.  He only played 5 full seasons in Boston.

Hamilton looks good so far.  All hail Chowda and his two eyeballs!

Two eyeballs that need spectacle help.

Seriously, a monkey could tell that Hamilton would be NHL bound if he cleaned up his defensive play. 

As I've stated all along, he has been improving with this part of his game. And yes , part of that was in the World juniors too. With that comment I'm comparing it to what he was like in the previous world juniors.

Better !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think we're looking at one of the great ones.  I've got him picked for the Calder, but I wouldn't bet that much money on it.  Then again, I'm not a gambling guy.  Here's another way to look at this.  

Would you be surprised if he won the Calder this year?  I wouldn't.

Would you be surprised if he was in Norris trophy discussions this year, not as a nominee, but everyone saying that he will be next year?  I wouldn't.

Would you be surprised he won the Norris in the next 2 seasons?  I wouldn't

Or he's another way to look at the Hamilton picture.  I'll say that people have taken him for granted.  How often do you see a rookie defenseman do what he has done?  It's his first 4 games in the NHL and he's been rock solid - and gathering steam in those first 4 games.

Only 4 NHL games and he's looked like an NHL regular.  For a rookie that's huge.  The worst you could say about him is that he looked shakey in an exhibition game, and even then it's an arguable point.  The best you could say about him?  You could start to argue that he's been the second best defenseman on the team.

Right now he's got 3 points, tied with several for most points on the team.

3 points leads Boston defenseman.

11 shots, tied for second on the team.

11 shots leads Boston Defenseman.

+2 tied with several on the team.

Yes, 4 games in.  But he deserves a huge credit for these 4 games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

There's very few veteran defencemen that can make the pass to Marchand, to Bergeron let alone a rookie. That was a thing of beauty. The kid has been awesome, but before he's touted as the next Bourque. I think we need to see how he handles when things are going bad. 

And NAS regardless of the fact that YOU never include Park, because he only played 5 yrs for the B's. There's A LOT of us who think that he was still a Bruin Great. 4 Norris trophy nominations in 5 yrs is enough for SOME of us! Geezus you have a high horse sometimes! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Chowdah, all I hear is "he's keeping it simple" which is true , do you think as he get's more comfortable he'll change and take more risks ?  In Juniors isn't that what was happening ? He felt he had to do more ?

One thing for sure the Juliens of this world know how to control that and remind hm.

That brings me to Juniors, he just out lived that stage and his progression was being regressed . He just needs to be surrounded with pros and he'll continue to get and look better .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I think we're looking at one of the great ones.  I've got him picked for the Calder, but I wouldn't bet that much money on it.  Then again, I'm not a gambling guy.  Here's another way to look at this.  

Would you be surprised if he won the Calder this year?  I wouldn't.

Surprised ? Not if he keeps playing like this.

Would you be surprised if he was in Norris trophy discussions this year, not as a nominee, but everyone saying that he will be next year?  I wouldn't.

After 4 games I think this thought is a bit premature.

Would you be surprised he won the Norris in the next 2 seasons?  I wouldn't

Truthfully ? Yes. there are a lot of good defencemen in the NHL.

Or he's another way to look at the Hamilton picture.  I'll say that people have taken him for granted.  How often do you see a rookie defenseman do what he has done?  It's his first 4 games in the NHL and he's been rock solid - and gathering steam in those first 4 games.

Only 4 NHL games and he's looked like an NHL regular.  For a rookie that's huge.

The worst you could say about him is that you could argue he looked shakey in an exhibition game, and even then it's an arguable point.

No. After the Providence game someone called his play horrible or horrendous ..........something like that. That was worse then calling his play shakey. 

The best you could say about him?

Not really. At times I think he's been their best. 

You could start to argue that he's been the second best defenseman on the team.

Right now he's got 3 points, tied with several for most points on the team.

3 points leads Boston defenseman.

11 shots, tied for second on the team.

11 shots leads Boston Defenseman.

+2 tied with several on the team.

Yes, 4 games in.  But he deserves a huge credit for these 4 games.

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

My comments certainly aren't that Fletch. My "numbskull" comment was aimed solely towards the one veteran poster who after the draft, felt the need to attempt to write his thesis about how dumb PC was for drafting a D-man so high. He even had all kinds of "evidence" to support his cockamamie theory. I honestly only watched bits and pieces of the WJC but I was always aware of what type of prospect PC had drafted for the B's. Cheers

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I think he looks like a top 4 D-Man on a very good defensive team.  I think his skillset was the most glaring omission on recent Bruins rosters.  I think the opportunities will continue to be there for him and I am very excited to see what he does with those opportunities.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

wow, on pace to destroy Seguin in the scoring race.

Hamilton is in the race. Seguin, not so much.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Chowdah, all I hear is "he's keeping it simple" which is true , do you think as he get's more comfortable he'll change and take more risks ?

I think we're already seeing that. Think of how many chances he took in his first game (0). Now think about how we've seen him around the opposing net since. He "loves" jumping in as an offensive threat.

In Juniors isn't that what was happening ?

Yes. A lot.

He felt he had to do more ?

I don't know how he felt but it looked that way.

One thing for sure the Juliens of this world know how to control that and remind hm.

That brings me to Juniors, he just out lived that stage and his progression was being regressed . He just needs to be surrounded with pros and he'll continue to get and look better .

I was wrong on this one. I thought he needed to get better in juniors before he made the jump. His play was stagnant in some areas. 

I think by jumping to the NHL he has been given a bigger challenge and is succeeding at it. If he would have stayed in juniors regression might have been what was happening.