Anyone still have a problem with Hamilton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Anyone still have a problem with Hamilton?

Hamilton is not less physical than Myers.  He'll have more hits to his credit by the end of the year, even without factoring in relative ice time, and you'll remember half a dozen of them.  No he's not Scott Stevens or even Chara (who simply can't hit enough to make people happy) but you've already seen that he likes to go for the big hit.  He has 8 in four games.  Two were arriving with bad intentions (in the good hockey hit sense of that phrase).

A smaller version of Myers would be Kaberle in his Leaf days.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to Yaso#7's comment:

So far to me  he looks like a smaller version of Tyler Myers (thats saying alot since he is 6'5")--- without the mental lapses on defense that Myers sometimes has.

Not a terrible comparison.  Myers is more physical though   I would have to refer to chowda on his physical play in junior.  I don't think he's a Scott Stevens.  I think he uses his size to his advantage and doesn't need the bruising style But doesn't shy away from it either.   Hamilton is no bobby Orr.  

I sure hope you're wrong because Myers is a gentle giant.

I find he really misses his first year d-partner.  Myers is pretty docile.   Again I haven't seen the mean side of Hamilton.  I haven't seen enough of him to know.  But he doesn't appear to have a mean streak either.  Which is fine.  One of the best defence man in history (Lidstrom) wasn't exactly the beast.  Can I say that about him?  He's not Orr.  and yes I'm fooling with you. 

I like Myers but always wondered what he'd be like with a mean streak. The comparison is very apt though. I just hope Hamilton doesn't turn out to be even less physical is all.

I would like see how he reacts to a shot to the mug. Will he shoot back, or wait for help? Maybe, Clarkson will try tomorrow night. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Just had a peek at Myers hit stats.  He avg out about 100 a year.  Not nearly enough for someone his size and mobility.  I really find he as hit a learning curve.  I still think he's a great young talent but hasn't been as good since his rookie year.  100 hits a year not enough for a giant like that.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to Yaso#7's comment:

So far to me  he looks like a smaller version of Tyler Myers (thats saying alot since he is 6'5")--- without the mental lapses on defense that Myers sometimes has.

Not a terrible comparison.  Myers is more physical though   I would have to refer to chowda on his physical play in junior.  I don't think he's a Scott Stevens.  I think he uses his size to his advantage and doesn't need the bruising style But doesn't shy away from it either.   Hamilton is no bobby Orr.  

I sure hope you're wrong because Myers is a gentle giant.

I find he really misses his first year d-partner.  Myers is pretty docile.   Again I haven't seen the mean side of Hamilton.  I haven't seen enough of him to know.  But he doesn't appear to have a mean streak either.  Which is fine.  One of the best defence man in history (Lidstrom) wasn't exactly the beast.  Can I say that about him?  He's not Orr.  and yes I'm fooling with you. 

I like Myers but always wondered what he'd be like with a mean streak. The comparison is very apt though. I just hope Hamilton doesn't turn out to be even less physical is all.

I would like see how he reacts to a shot to the mug. Will he shoot back, or wait for help? Maybe, Clarkson will try tomorrow night. 

Clarkson is a pretty respectful.  I don't see him going after rookie   I like Clarkson.  Like him a lot.