anyone surprised

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: anyone surprised

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

no harm no foul Nite - I never noticed it either until schlich brought it to my attention - I had stopped reading his post after the first sentence or two.

[/QUOTE]

Thank You Red!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yeah... you know.... white guys! on this note, i'll log off and let the bigots talk amongst themselves. the stupidity on this site surprises me on a daily basis, you'd think i'd be used to it by now. not sure what's worse ... the post by jwen or the one from NOB that read great post! unfreakin' believable. my guess is, NOB had no idea what "anglo-saxon" meant. ignorance is bliss

[/QUOTE]

NeelyOrrBourque and JWensink are the same poster and the racial side argument is one they've made before, and is naturally too-dumb to even dignify with a response.

[/QUOTE]

WowA! Wait a minute Fletch. I am not JW, but nitemare-38. i changed my login because of identity theft. I am no way shape, or form racist. I have native & french blood in me, 2 of my closest friends are black, and Sandog can attest that Terry Mercury of NHL Home Ice on Satellite Radio is a friend of mine & he's black. I have East Indian, Asian & Pakistan friends. I honestly read this part of JW's blog

the last thing this sport needs is network involvement and the chase to become just like the other major sports. Real hockey fans won't go anywhere, because there is no other game like it. I hope that the sport takes a huge hit in popularity- won't change a thing for me. I'll be watching.

got distracted & missed the whole anglo saxon part. I deeply apologize to ANYONE including adkbeesfan for this mis-understanding. I believe that equality means equality for every single human being on this earth, not matter race, gender, or color. I am a lot of things, but a bigot & racist aren't them.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, my mistake.

[/QUOTE]

No apology necessary my friend, I would've done the same thing as you. I'll just make sure I don't post until I re-read everything again before responding like that. A lesson was learned by me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

edit 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Only true PC racists would take it that way -

I won't ever apologize for appreciating what the NHL is not - you think there's not a problem with the culture in the NBA or the NFL ? Oh...he said that he likes white guys who don't have 7 children with 7 women, carry guns, have dreadlocks coming out of their helmets, wearing 100,000 worth of earrings, and are covered on tattoos and conduct themselves like "gangstas" ...what a "racist"

Yep - I like the NHL. I also like Iginla and Kane - SO, RED I hope your "wife" kicks your dumb azz

keep your brainwashed liberal heads in the sand - dishonest cowards

I supported Herman Cain for president - so , seriously GFY

[/QUOTE]

If you don't want to be mis-understood, don't use terms you don't understand like Anglo-Saxon.  And you should thank Red for explaining that term to you, and how your comment made no sense at all.  Maybe you learned something from her response...no?

P.S. I'm not a liberal.  I'm just anti-stupidity.

[/QUOTE]

I said anglo saxon types - not literally anglo saxons.

This was not intended as a racial slur against anybody. You interpreted it that way due to your own PC antenna being up. You honestly don't think there's a cultural difference from the NHL to the NBA or NFL? Or are you too insecure and intimidated to say it out loud - screw you. Save your condescending judgmental remarks you arrogant fool- You and Red couldn't teach sh11t to anybody. Go ask her wife. Oh boy now, I'm homophobic too. More PC B S - 

[/QUOTE]

No, just an ***hole. There's no such thing as "anglo-saxon types". It's an all or nothing thing - You're either descended from Germanic tribes who settled in Britain during the Dark Ages, or you're not. If you're going to use a word, at least have a clue what it means.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Nas, that may be true in some cases, however I am a life long hockey fan, and my 9 year old son told me over the weekend that they are all selfish and he wont watch it ever again.  His hate started when Thomas played his stupid game and stated he would not return while under contract.  My son was hurt, as Thomas was his favorite player. Now, he just decided he doesnt see any appeal to watching anymore and has turned to basketball.....yuck I know, but he loves watching it now.

So maybe you are right in 99% of the cases, but in mine, they lost a young fan, potentially for life.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

LMAO!!  "This was not intended as a racial slur"---- won't ever apologize for appreciating what the NHL is not - you think there's not a problem with the culture in the NBA or the NFL ? Oh...he said that he likes white guys who don't have 7 children with 7 women, carry guns, have dreadlocks coming out of their helmets, wearing 100,000 worth of earrings, and are covered on tattoos and conduct themselves like "gangstas"

Well a couple things here would indicate that it is a race thing for you, not just something against gold or hairstyles.....you spelled gangster "gangsta" and dreadlocks are predominantly a black hairstyle.

Funny thing though, there are plenty of white dudes covered in tats with guns and multiple children..but they are also "anglo saxon types" so i'm confused...is your issue with the lifestyle or the color of the skin?  If your issue is only with the lifestyle, why bring the anglo term into the comment?

So yes, PC or not, you are racist.  A PC racist would say something like "basketball today is too much of a street game, the art of team play is lost on the one on one game designed to pump up ones own self worth".  See, I can play the educated racist if I like....but racism is racism, no matter what type of lipstick you put on the pig. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

edit

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I said anglo saxon types - not literally anglo saxons.

This was not intended as a racial slur against anybody. You interpreted it that way due to your own PC antenna being up. You honestly don't think there's a cultural difference from the NHL to the NBA or NFL? Or are you too insecure and intimidated to say it out loud - screw you. Save your condescending judgmental remarks you arrogant fool- You and Red couldn't teach sh11t to anybody. Go ask her wife. Oh boy now, I'm homophobic too. More PC B S - 

[/QUOTE]

Ha.  Still makes no sense, since most Bruins/hockey players are not 'anglo saxon types' anymore than you're an 'eduacted type'.

We all know you're using code to say you like whites better than non-whites, so don't run and hide from it now that you got a reaction.  If you're that insecure and obsessed about race, go ahead and explain it.  Otherwise, people here will be confused as to why on earth you pointed out that you like anglo-saxon types in the game of hockey.  Insulting people doesn't dig your way out of that hole...

Sure there are cultural differences between sports, but most of us are not so obsessed with race that we can only view it in those terms.  I hate the NBA too, but I also hate golf.  Rampant drug use drove me away from baseball and the faking of injuries drives me away from soccer.  I like the honest hard-working culture of hockey.  Got nothing to do with race though.

You could still thank Red for explaining what anglo saxon means for you though.  Next time you use the term, maybe you'll use it correctly...no?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

For the love of Orr, when are we getting the ignore feature back?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

edit

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to slicksteve38's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LMAO!!  "This was not intended as a racial slur"---- won't ever apologize for appreciating what the NHL is not - you think there's not a problem with the culture in the NBA or the NFL ? Oh...he said that he likes white guys who don't have 7 children with 7 women, carry guns, have dreadlocks coming out of their helmets, wearing 100,000 worth of earrings, and are covered on tattoos and conduct themselves like "gangstas"

Well a couple things here would indicate that it is a race thing for you, not just something against gold or hairstyles.....you spelled gangster "gangsta" and dreadlocks are predominantly a black hairstyle.

Funny thing though, there are plenty of white dudes covered in tats with guns and multiple children..but they are also "anglo saxon types" so i'm confused...is your issue with the lifestyle or the color of the skin?  If your issue is only with the lifestyle, why bring the anglo term into the comment?

So yes, PC or not, you are racist.  A PC racist would say something like "basketball today is too much of a street game, the art of team play is lost on the one on one game designed to pump up ones own self worth".  See, I can play the educated racist if I like....but racism is racism, no matter what type of lipstick you put on the pig. 

[/QUOTE]

Really ? -  name them

also what do you mean "white dudes" ?

people like you make me sick

[/QUOTE]

And you're attitude doesn't make people sick I suppose? I feel sorry for you. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

edit

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

ah, Fletch judging if someone is a racist because he dared to ust the term anglo. You arrogance is astounding. I noticed that you didn't mention the fact that I supported Herman Cain for President. I guess that doesn't work for you. What a tool you must be.

Also you said that you "hate the nba", but like the "honest hard-working culture of hockey"

are you saying that the NBA - because it's 90% african american doesn't have an "honest hard-working culture" ???

Talk about code... lmao That could easily be called blatant racism by an a@@ like yourself-

How does it feel brainiac ???

[/QUOTE]

Sorry you feel so threatened by race (and reason).  I like your fighting spirit though.  If you coupled it with a little more sense, and a little less misplaced anger, you'd be more interesting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This is what happens without hockey.

And what about the green men?

I hate the green men.  They can only cling to the glass next to the penalty box and look goofy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

edit

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

And your explanation for your racist comment is ??? C'mon bookworm lets hear it

The last thing I am is threatened. My anger is not misplaced, it is pointed at those like you who think they can judge if a person is "racist' or not. You don't get that. That word is thrown around in our society way too much, and I'm sick of it, and won't apologize for it like the other morons on this post who felt it necessary to beg for forgiveness and say that had "black friends" in order to defend themselves because of personal attacks by the likes of you. Not me - f$#@ that - Your comments could be construed as 1000 times more racist than mine. That is disgusting and wrong on both counts. I'm just the only one here with the ballz to stand up and call it out for what it is. Garbage. You're weak

[/QUOTE]

Ha, you already did the same thing -- "I supported Herman Cain"

I just said which sports I liked better and why -- I didn't mention race at all.  You wrote about race and anglo saxons, because you're obsessed with race and apparently feel threatened by it.  Read it again.  Fact check.

Run along now, I'm done with you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]

The last thing I am is threatened. My anger is not misplaced, it is pointed at those like you who think they can judge if a person is "racist' or not. You don't get that. That word is thrown around in our society way too much, and I'm sick of it, and won't apologize for it like the other morons on this post who felt it necessary to beg for forgiveness and say that had "black friends" in order to defend themselves because of personal attacks by the likes of you. Not me - f$#@ that - Your comments could be construed as 1000 times more racist than mine. That is disgusting and wrong on both counts. I'm just the only one here with the ballz to stand up and call it out for what it is. Garbage. You're weak

[/QUOTE]

Ha, you already did the same thing -- "I supported Herman Cain"

I just said which sports I liked better and why -- I didn't mention race at all.  You wrote about race and anglo saxons, because you're obsessed with race and apparently feel threatened by it.  Read it again.  Fact check.

Run along now, I'm done with you.

[/QUOTE]

You are the punk who brought up race - not me

I guess you can't explain your hatred for the nba, and how much you like the "honest hard working culture" of the nhl, which obviously implies you think black people aren't honest or hard working based on your own parameters

you're done because you have no reasonable answer - beaten at your own game douchey boy

eat it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Here's a fact:  Most people who play hockey are white.

Another:  Most people who play hockey are not black.

Another:  Most people who follow hockey are white.

Another:  Most people who follow hockey are not black.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ah, Fletch judging if someone is a racist because he dared to ust the term anglo. You arrogance is astounding. I noticed that you didn't mention the fact that I supported Herman Cain for President. I guess that doesn't work for you. What a tool you must be.

Also you said that you "hate the nba", but like the "honest hard-working culture of hockey"

are you saying that the NBA - because it's 90% african american doesn't have an "honest hard-working culture" ???

Talk about code... lmao That could easily be called blatant racism by an a@@ like yourself-

How does it feel brainiac ???

[/QUOTE]

Sorry you feel so threatened by race (and reason).  I like your fighting spirit though.  If you coupled it with a little more sense, and a little less misplaced anger, you'd be more interesting.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I apologized because I came across as being in agreement with a racist bigot! I apologize because my morals & value's taught me that in my up bringing-- that's what you do when you wronged another person. Whether it's on purpose due to anger, or by accident. If that makes me a moron then I'll certainly accept being a moron each & everytime. It takes more ballz to admit when they've made a mistake than to fight tooth & nail to always be right & have the last word! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

edit

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Can you at least explain what the phrase "anglo-saxon types" means? It is massively incorrect from a factual standpoint, so from an emotional standpoint what was it you were trying to convey?

BTW, my wife says FU.

Oh and groups of angry men smacking each other with hooked clubs, similar in form to hockey sticks, as a sport or of form of war, is not an Anglo-saxon tradition. It's Celtic. Try telling an Irishman he's an Anglo-saxon - I'll see you at your funeral. (to extrapolate since I doubt you'll make the connection, Hockey's origins are in hurley, a Celtic game, not Anglo-saxon.) It's also based on lacrosse, which is, OH THE HORROR!! A Native Canadian game. OH NO! Non-white people helped invent hockey!!

Deny whatever you want JW, I can see you for what you are.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Labeling JW for making on statement that may or may not have been taken the wrong way is ridiculous.

You guys need to take a breather.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Labeling JW for making on statement that may or may not have been taken the wrong way is ridiculous.

You guys need to take a breather.

[/QUOTE]

Never thought I'd see the day that Nas and I would be attempting to be peacemakers together but I agree totally. Something taken out of context, misrepresented as bigotry and turned into mudslinging both ways.

P.S. Nas, I believe your 1% of improper grammar just made an appearance.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

edit

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Okay, I googled Anglo Saxon..

Now some people here have to google "oversensitive"...Read his post again, in it's full context, and if your offended by it, then your the problem, not him or his post...