Anyone Think Chia Is Bluffing?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Anyone Think Chia Is Bluffing?

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

And, this in regards to the "Subban is untouchable" talk.

If they are committing to Rask long term and Khudobin looks good as either a back up or maybe someone you can hold onto for a while and MAYBE turn to if Rask ends up faltering as a pro, just why are you burying Subban?

Where I come from, Subban is a chip, not some kind of a long term, cross your fingers developmental draft pick.

Smells like posturing to me, which is fine. I actually hope it is because Iginla would look great on the second line with Kreicji to his left, and he'd also help our PP.

Iginla would look good but ST.Louis might look better plus is signed 2 more years , with the bruins saying good bye to Horton. I just do not see any of them coming here. I hope i am wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If they are committing to Rask long term and Khudobin looks good as either a back up or maybe someone you can hold onto for a while and MAYBE turn to if Rask ends up faltering as a pro, just why are you burying Subban?

Where I come from, Subban is a chip, not some kind of a long term, cross your fingers developmental draft pick.

Smells like posturing to me, which is fine. I actually hope it is because Iginla would look great on the second line with Kreicji to his left, and he'd also help our PP.

Who is burying Subban? he was drafted months ago and is going through the process of doing what it takes to make it to the NHL.

Not sure where you come from, is this the same place that suggests Nicklas Lidstrom couldnt hold Ray Bourques jock strap? Where is this place that suggests Subban is a "chip"? I think the bruins at where they were drafting took what they felt was the best player available at that spot, while also realizing they were losing Thomas, had Rask as the only one on the roster with significant NHL experience and coming off a year where they had Marty Turco manning the pipes down the stretch of a season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I owuld never pkay poker with Chiarelli, a cool customer. If it isn't Iginla I still feel PC will bolster the team somehow. I think most posters, myself included, are getting impatient. The anticipation is killing me but got a feeling it will be a last minute deal.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i was going to respond to this guy, but it's just not worth it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lidstrom was in no way Ray Bourque and Lidstrom played around loaded teams for 15 years and is still not as good.

Bourque was the best of his generation.

Lidstrom was the best of his generation.

Orr was the best of his.

Harvey was the best of his.

Shore was the best of his.

None of this is up for debate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Who is burying Subban? he was drafted months ago and is going through the process of doing what it takes to make it to the NHL.

Not sure where you come from, is this the same place that suggests Nicklas Lidstrom couldnt hold Ray Bourques jock strap? Where is this place that suggests Subban is a "chip"? I think the bruins at where they were drafting took what they felt was the best player available at that spot, while also realizing they were losing Thomas, had Rask as the only one on the roster with significant NHL experience and coming off a year where they had Marty Turco manning the pipes down the stretch of a season.

Look, kid. I grew up in MA and played hockey growing up and know a lot about the game.

Lidstrom was in no way Ray Bourque and Lidstrom played around loaded teams for 15 years and is still not as good.

Simple.

As for this, Rask is what, 24 years old and needs a new deal? So, Subban is a 1st rd pick, we don't HAVE to sit on a goalie chip in the minors or wait 2 years to have him back up Rask, so....

You tell me.

2 years ago I was on here taking heat from some on Chia NEEDING to make moves, to help the club, how important faceoffs were, getting some kind of puck moving guy on the back end, and he gets it and we win the Cup for the first time in my life.

I am just saying, I don't want Chia sitting still due to being in love with mid rd prospect like Subban if you're planning on committing to Rask.

Makes no sense.

So, yes, I am asking if others think Chia is bluffing to entice offers from other teams and maybe show Calgary some competition for an actual chip here in Boston.

I don't know why ANY team would not leave anything on the table in a negotiation or announce it. It's not like Subban was a top 3 draft pick and franchise slam dunk.

A couple of things:

Rask is 26. Who says Subban will be up in Boston in 2 years? Rask was drafted in 05, got his real shot 5 years later after playing in a handful the previous 2 years.

Have you seen Subban play this year? I have, and I think most would agree he is progressing nicely. What if he is traded to Calgary for Iginla, Bruins don't win the Cup and Iginla walks at the end of the year? is that far fetched?

I don't think you ever have enough goaltending. Right now you have two young goaltenders on your roster and neither is signed beyond this year.

You grew up in MA playing hockey and know alot about the game. Great. Awfully proud of ya, but when soemone suggests player B couldn't hold player A's jockstrap that to me, suggests player B isnt even close to player A. In this case you have Bourque and Lidstrom as your players. Lidstrom 7 Norris Trophies, 4 Cups, 1 Conne Smythe and an Olympic Gold Medal, i'm pretty sure he can hold anyones jockstrap..I'm a huge Bourque fan, but if your going to compare resumes, guess who comes out on top.

Second time you've referred to me as "kid"..You said they won the Cup for the first time in your life. I'm 37. So, your what? At max 3 years older than me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Chia has a first round pick (not from TOR) that hasn't turned into a bust yet. :)

The stock on Subban continues to go up. Why sell a prospect at x when you think you can get 2x for him next year. Saw an article that stated Subban would go 16th if the draft happened now.

Plus it helps to have him when you're negotiating with Tuukka.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Yes.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Who is burying Subban?

.......Rask

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Chia has a first round pick (not from TOR) that hasn't turned into a bust yet. :)

The stock on Subban continues to go up. Why sell a prospect at x when you think you can get 2x for him next year. Saw an article that stated Subban would go 16th if the draft happened now.

RidingWithTheKing. I'm with you on that Bourque thing. However I'm with Nrguy with the above post, as I think Subban is a chip for Tuuka negotiations, not for Iginla.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Well, he could make it to the AHL and be terrible.

He could get hurt.

The team could be one player away from another Cup this year and Subban won't be able to help.